Upcomming announcement speculation thread

I can't imagine getting a cruise for a 50 point addon. There has to be more to the story.

I don't know if it's for add-ons because I'm a new member but you either get the point discount OR the cruise (he said the cruise value would be like $2500 for my family of 4, meanwhile my point discount would be around $1000, so cruise is more valuable). My husband chose point discount over cruise. EDIT: and he said that you have to pay into your DVC membership as much as the cruise would cost, so add up your payments per month to equal whatever the cruise would cost if you paid cash, otherwise your not eligible. There were dates in a few months, I cant remember them all but I know he said March 2011, April 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2011

Spoke to my guide today...the cruise is for 100+ point add on. I am waiting for the next webcast before adding on.

Just read a report that...
AKV was raised to $102/pt or $115 and get a 3 day cruise.
Also, BLT went to $6/pt off instead of $5 points off.

Can anyone confirm this?

AKV is still at $112 base price but incentives for add on's lowered. For 50 pts you now only get $10 off so $102/pt.

how would that be a good deal??? paying the extra dollars per point for a cruise?

It could be if you were already planning on a cruise.

I can't imagine getting a cruise for a 50 point addon. There has to be more to the story.

100 pt add on for the 3 day cruise.
125 pts for 4 day.

Somebody told me about it inthe park today, they said a 3-day cruise for 100 point add on. FWIW.

For what it's worth, my guide pushed me to get my deposit down before the announcement. This way, if the new deal was better I could switch and if not, I could revert back to the old deal. I honestly don't think the guides know or knew what the new inncentive would be before they came out and they were telling us to hold our paperwork just in case the new deal was better. She gave me the details and they are exactly as reported. I am a new member so I know nothing of add ons but for a new contract, it is $10 off AKV instead of $15 OR a 3 day cruise for 160 point new contract. I only wanted 100 points so getting my deposit in before the old inncentive expired saved me a few hundred bucks...

My guide also told me to hold my contract until after the webcast. Again, not because she thinks it will be better but just in case it is, we can switch.

hi everyone!

dh just called our guide to see what the big incentive is that made him tell us to wait til this week to potentially book.

he said that they are offering OKW for $90/pt (the longer term contract) and also a free cruise.

yeah, we're still going resale.

This seems a good deal can anyone confirm that OKW is $90 now. Also if its $90 with a cruise would there be another discount without the cruise.

...It could be if you were already planning on a cruise...

or if you'd bank or transfer/rent the points you'd have utilized in place of the cruise. if you elect to take a 'bonus' trip or extend your vacation time in Disney, they still have the opportunity to make a few $

certainly a good way for disney to help fill the ships on the 3 day itinerary.

I assume booking is down on wonder sailings vs the dream for 2011 (which still has relatively great rates for next summer btw;))

If the cruise incentive is anything like what they offered last March, you had to buy 160-199 points for the 3 night cruise, 200-269 for the 4 night cruise, and 270+ for the 7 night cruise. The cruises were also for inside staterooms, although you did have the option of paying $100 to get upgraded to a verandah. Also, the dates were for non-peak sailing times, so no summer or holiday travel was offered. Good luck to everyone who is planning on buying in. :goodvibes

For all of you out there who are holding onto your papers, it wouldn't hurt to call QA to tell them that you are going to wait until after the webcast.
I just did that and they were VERY VERY nice about it. And said they'll note it in the computer that we are waiting until the webcast to turn the papers in.
I thought that was very nice of them.
Just FYI.

Hmmm.....The ONLY thing I regret so far with buying into DVC is the fact that I think that we added on too fast...

We bought into BLT when it was $107 PP.
Then less than a year later, we added on 60 points.

Kind of wish we had waited :confused3
Then again, we now have more points to play with for our honeymoon, so I guess it all works out.

If the cruise incentive is anything like what they offered last March, you had to buy 160-199 points for the 3 night cruise, 200-269 for the 4 night cruise, and 270+ for the 7 night cruise. The cruises were also for inside staterooms, although you did have the option of paying $100 to get upgraded to a verandah. Also, the dates were for non-peak sailing times, so no summer or holiday travel was offered. Good luck to everyone who is planning on buying in. :goodvibes

I'm guessing those points were for new members. The cruise incentive last year for add-ons was 100 points for a 3 night, 125 for a 4 night, and 200 for a 7 night. Gratuities were included. The rooms were category 9 outside (porthole) rooms and you could upgrade to a veranda for a fee (I think the fee depends on the length of the cruise) but the rooms were not inside rooms. Our choices were Jan, early Feb or Fall, so definitely not peak sailing times. We went in early Feb on our incentive 4 night cruise. It was fun, but our "free" cruise cost us a lot (airfare, souvenirs, days before and after the cruise at WDW).

The WEBCAST will probably knock about $5 per point off these prices. I think I will get BLT for $105 for a 100pt addon. I paid $110 during the December WEBCAST.

Yikes! So I read 13 pages of posts and couldn't read anymore!

My guesses:
-New incentives for bigger sales
-Hawaii resort announcement
-price increase

My wishlist:
-incentives on SMALL add-ons (25 points)
-better discounts (ie: park tickets)
-go back to old reservation system (I haven't walked a reservation yet, but just may do that in 2012 when I want a GV at AKV. With the old system, I would have just called day-by-day.)
-fast passes for DVC! (never gonna happen, but how cool would that be!)

I like your Wishlist!

I'm not sure what Disney lent was a mortgage as it was not secured against one's home. However their loans are tax deductible and that is what is different from other lender's. No credit check, no loan against your home, tax deductible financing. It's still a draw just a more expensive one now.

It's tax deductible. My accountant has taken it off every year. Although, I've reached the point where it isn't as much anymore as I'm paying more principle now.

The government there did finally just authorize the agreement with Disney after many months of negotiations for a new park to be built in or near Shanghai. But even so, it's doubtful that DVC would be a part of such an enterprise at this juncture. The planned park wouldn't even open until 2013 or beyond, and I can't see how that would be the "big" announcement, when DVC doesn't even have a presence at the 3 other existing international resorts yet.

Plus, why announce this to a mostly American webcast audience? I mean, I think it would be cool to visit, but I think most of us would only ever visit China once or twice in a lifetime.

Paris seems more likely, as you could probably get a lot of Europeans and some Americans... but I'm still not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter