**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

BTW, the schedule every night this summer was:

Villains Unite the Night stage show: 11pm, 12am, 1am.

Maleficent following the parade route: 10:40pm, 11:45pm, 1:20am.

All summer events were 10pm-1am.

The fact that the final show and Maleficent technically extended beyond official event time was generally seen as a positive by most folks - the chance to squeak in other things during the evening and then hit the show at the end.

It’s also why you hear more about crowds at this event - with three stage shows and three Maleficent times, lots of reasons for people to be “around” the whole time.

I’m back to considering it for our March trip. Logically I know we don’t *need* it and will most definitely have plenty of opportunity to ride other times, but it would just be ODS and me, DH would take the two little guys back to the resort and we would have a super fun Mommy/son date night!

He will be 2 years older than last time we did DAH, and he made it until midnight, no issues until he decided he couldn’t take another step and I piggy backed him to BLT. I’ll have to consider if I’m ready to ride Space over and over and over though lol.

From what i've seen of past handouts for timing the shows go at 10, 11 and 12...no show at 1 because the Villains stand over the exitway of MK and heckle you as you leave the park (at least that's what i've been told).

Of course things may change for next year’s iteration but there was a stage show at 1. The other benefit to seeing the last stage show in addition to not wasting valuable party time is that Maleficent’s last stroll down Main Street generally happens right after, so you can leave the Hub and catch her on the way out. I did that when I went in August.

Last edited:

It doesn’t make sense that they would clear the park, as those with tickets are allowed in at 7:00. So they’d let them in for an hour, clear the park, and then make people re enter? I’m pretty sure the hours will be adjusted.

So, for regular MK Disney After Hours, it has typically only been bus available back to Poly (shares with GF most of the time, but has shared with all of the MK resorts at times in the past).

For Villains After Hours this past summer, they did run the resort monorail (maybe boats too, I’m not sure, although I’m pretty sure they did) all the way through until after the event.

I’d keep an eye on the thread for updates once we start having VAH events next year to see what they are up to this time.

Of course at Poly, you always have the option to take the Ferry to the TTC, which will definitely be running .
I am REALLY hoping the GF walking path is open by my spring trip and I can just walk back on my tired feet at 1:30am 🤣

I decided to take the plunge with the dvc discounted tickets on 2/21. We are going on the Fantasy on 2/22 and flying in on 2/20 with no plans but to chill at the resort, and have a one day parkhopper to use for that Friday so we are really going to make the most of our one park day.

Right now the plan is to rope drop Animal Kingdom at 9am and hit the highlights there, along with a 10:50 Tusker House breakfast/brunch

We are staying at the boardwalk so we will probably head back to the hotel for a rest for an hour or two (or maybe hit HS/GE instead! which was not really planned, my kid decided he'd rather do all of his for sure favorites than see anything new with only one day but I'm thinking we maybe could fit it in) and then walk through Epcot from international gateway hitting Soarin', maybe land while there (depending on time) and Spaceship Earth on the way to the monorail and then over to the MK for a few hours (we have parkhoppers so I'm thinking of getting there by 5) to take the pressure off of the event. I have the dessert party with after party booked so that will be a nice long rest while we wait for fireworks from 7-9 so we are hopefully refreshed for the event from 9-12.

It is a LONG day but with plenty of breaks built in and all of my son's favorites, plus the character meal we wanted to fit in as one of the breaks. I'm not sure if we will make it to all 4 parks or take a noontime break, I have a feeling it will be hard to force ourselves to break but we might enjoy the later part of the day more if we do.

I know traditionally first full day of vacation we have the most energy so it's the best time to attempt such a long day and the next day will be lower key on the cruise.

I have never been to AH event, but we will be back at WDW in February and was thinking of attending VAH. My daughter (will be almost 12 then) is a big villains fan. Has anyone taken kids around her age? Do you think it was worth it? Appreciate any input as I hate to spend the $ if more adult oriented.

My kids were 10 and 12 when we went in July and they loved it! They were really into the stage show and enjoyed the DJ playing in the hub. They were also determined to get all of the special magic shots (which we did). The one mistake we made was starting at Pirates of the Caribbean to see the live pirates. They were very cool, but we waited almost 30 minutes, which was too much time. We skipped 7DMT and Space Mountain to avoid the lines, which worked well for us for the rest of the night. We are planning to go again this summer!

My kids were 10 and 12 when we went in July and they loved it! They were really into the stage show and enjoyed the DJ playing in the hub. They were also determined to get all of the special magic shots (which we did). The one mistake we made was starting at Pirates of the Caribbean to see the live pirates. They were very cool, but we waited almost 30 minutes, which was too much time. We skipped 7DMT and Space Mountain to avoid the lines, which worked well for us for the rest of the night. We are planning to go again this summer!
My son is 11 so right in there! Planning to hit space, pirates and 7DMT before the party so that we can enjoy the more laid back wait times on the rest of the attractions and see the show! We'll do people mover through space to see the overlay but it probably won't feel like much, at least we will have been in the building. If we can snag pirates later with a short wait time we'll try it with the live ones!

This is a bummer. I LOVED my regular DAH that I attended last year, and if VAH was offered on Thursdays I'd probably just pay the price and not care because I love late night MK. Of course, my vacations usually end on Fridays and I'd have to reschedule my hotel, the flights that I just booked yesterday...yeah. I think I'll skip it this year!

Are costumes allowed? I can't remember if we saw any last year.

We saw some pretty good costumes last summer. One woman was dress as Dr. Faciilier - she looked amazing! (disclaimer, we have never been to MNSSHP so I have nothing to compare her costume to)

DD 13 purchased an Ursula skirt from party city, wore that with a black t-shirt & it was comfortable enough for the rides.

We saw some pretty good costumes last summer. One woman was dress as Dr. Faciilier - she looked amazing! (disclaimer, we have never been to MNSSHP so I have nothing to compare her costume to)

DD 13 purchased an Ursula skirt from party city, wore that with a black t-shirt & it was comfortable enough for the rides.
that's a good idea. DD has a lady Hades dress I made for a past MNSSHP that she is thinking about re using. She has a light up wig that goes with it.
.IMG_0515.JPG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter