Villas at Grand Floridian...I can answer questions...I've stayed 3 times already

263a2879

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I have been lucky enough to stay at the Villa's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa 3 times so far since its opening in October 2013.

Please feel free to ask any questions and I will hopefully be able to help in planning/organizing a visit there.

I have stayed in (2) Deluxe Studios (Lake Views) and a 1 Bedroom Villa (Lake View).

I can promise you that this resort is now my favourite of all the Disney Resorts and will not disapoint!! Absolutely beautiful!!

Hope I can help...Cheers,

How do you get to each mode of transportation and the best route to get there?

Wow! 3 times in 3 months - very impressive. No questions (we just bought there!) but very jealous! ;)

This is great! I'm dying to know if you think the studio would be enough room for me,the hubby and a 4 and 2 year old? I hate to use so many points on a 1 bedroom. And I was wondering about the drawer space, if there is any? Does the studio feel more spacious than other Dvc studios?

Monarail is directly "next door" in the Grand Floridian. Bus Stops are also located outside the Grand Floridian.

This is great! I'm dying to know if you think the studio would be enough room for me,the hubby and a 4 and 2 year old? I hate to use so many points on a 1 bedroom. And I was wondering about the drawer space, if there is any? Does the studio feel more spacious than other Dvc studios?

Drawer space and bathroom storage space are my 2 complaints in the studios. There are 2 drawers (fairly large) under the bed and a "hidden" compartment at the end of the bed that has a sliding door and worked great for luggage storage. As for storage...that's it other than the very small closet with only 1 shelf above the hanger rod which also houses the pack n play and vacuum.

In our 2 studio stays, there were 2 adults and a 5 and 1 year old. There were easily enough beds for all. The pull down bed under the tv was perfect for my 5 year old and we used the pack n play for our 1 year old. There really wasn't much room to set the pack n play up in the main part of the room so we set it up right in the little cove at the front door. There is also the pull out couch too.

Drawer space and bathroom storage space are my 2 complaints in the studios. There are 2 drawers (fairly large) under the bed and a "hidden" compartment at the end of the bed that has a sliding door and worked great for luggage storage. As for storage...that's it other than the very small closet with only 1 shelf above the hanger rod which also houses the pack n play and vacuum. In our 2 studio stays, there were 2 adults and a 5 and 1 year old. There were easily enough beds for all. The pull down bed under the tv was perfect for my 5 year old and we used the pack n play for our 1 year old. There really wasn't much room to set the pack n play up in the main part of the room so we set it up right in the little cove at the front door. There is also the pull out couch too.

How did your kids like the cute little water play area?

Great info! Thanks! Did you find yourself more comfortable in the studio at gf as compared to the others? In your opinion would you splurge for a 1 bedroom or stay in a studio again? Seems like a lot of room
And a lot of points for the 1 bedroom!

Great info! Thanks! Did you find yourself more comfortable in the studio at gf as compared to the others? In your opinion would you splurge for a 1 bedroom or stay in a studio again? Seems like a lot of room
And a lot of points for the 1 bedroom!

I definitely found that the 1 bedroom was much much more comfortable. We spend quite a bit of time in our room (sticking to regular nap/sleep schedule) so for us, the 1 bedroom would be my 1st choice. As the kids get bigger, our preference may change. We love that we can do laundry, cook and feel more at "home" in the 1 bedroom.

As for the studio comparison to other resorts. I definitely prefer the layout of the studio in the GFV over other resorts although the kitchenette is quite a bit smaller and has less storage but the positive of that is that the room space is a little bigger.

I agree with you, the VGF is now my favorite resort.

We bought 500 points so we could stay for a week in a one bedroom twice a year. Our first stay was in Dec and our next stay is coming up soon.

We were sitting at the pool on the sand facing the pool. I noticed some people taking pictures of the Villa building so I turned around. I was so surprised to see a bride and groom in Cinderella's horse drawn carriage driving around the Villas through the courtyard.

I had my iPhone in my hand so I got a picture of it.

It was so exciting!!!!!

the downside of the villas: the buses and boat to MK are all on the far side of the GF. it feels like kind of a long walk (but at least it's pretty :) ). if you are lazy, you might feel like it's easier to walk to the parking lot and drive yourself...

(i've only been to the VGF one time but the lobby CMs were terrific...)

I agree with you, the VGF is now my favorite resort.

We bought 500 points so we could stay for a week in a one bedroom twice a year. Our first stay was in Dec and our next stay is coming up soon.

We were sitting at the pool on the sand facing the pool. I noticed some people taking pictures of the Villa building so I turned around. I was so surprised to see a bride and groom in Cinderella's horse drawn carriage driving around the Villas through the courtyard.

I had my iPhone in my hand so I got a picture of it.

It was so exciting!!!!!

We were lucky enough to follow Cinderella's horse drawn carriage carrying a bride on her way to the wedding pavillion and it was exciting and beautiful!!!

Looking to book a studio for VGF, for a four night stay during the first 2 weeks of December, just hubbie and I!:thumbsup2

First time with all the years coming to WDW that we will see the Holiday decorations! Always have arranged vacas during the kids summer breaks, always centered around school breaks and sports! Youngest son will be tucked away in college, end of Aug.2014, so we will now have some flexibility and can have a little "Mom and Dad" fun tooling around WDW!:woohoo:

Think we will "spring" for the extra lakeview studio points verus standard studio..over 4 nights difference is 13 points.

From the thread on layout of VGF, I am interested in "requesting" highest floor possible, lakeview studios, ending in 10..1610 is first preference, 1510 second preference, 4th floor 410...Then 1514, 1314...

Any thoughts???????? Bet it is an AWESOME VIEW OF THE FIREWORKS!:yay:
CAN'T WAIT!:dance3:

Did you stay in the studio?

I am curious are there 2 closets? (I have seen a video of the room)

The kitchen area.... was there a full coffee pot & toaster?

How big are the drawers under the bed?

I wonder if I can ask them to take out the pack & play do we can have more room in our closet?

Did you stay in the studio?

I am curious are there 2 closets? (I have seen a video of the room)

The kitchen area.... was there a full coffee pot & toaster?

How big are the drawers under the bed?

Both Studios we had only had the 1 closet. The kitchen area had a full coffee pot and full size toaster and little fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter