Villas at Grand Floridian...I can answer questions...I've stayed 3 times already

There is no kids club at gf. There used to be a small one. When they redid gasparillas I believe it was turned into the game room. My dd went to the club at the poly which is the best anyway.

What's the price?

Confirming- it's 11.50 per hour and there is a 15% Dvc discount, 2 hour minimum. The 2 hours with discount came to $19.50. This includes a kids dinner and snack. My dd loves it.

Is there a separate check-in for villas, or is it at main hotel? Separate parking? Sorry, didn't search because I'm leaving in about 15 minutes. Lol

There is a separate check in at VGF. They use desks versus a counter. However, I think that Magical Express still drops everyone at GF and you check in there.

My question is regarding the ferry. Is it quicker to walk from VGF to the Poly's ferry versus walking through the entire resort to GF's ferry?

My question is regarding the ferry. Is it quicker to walk from VGF to the Poly's ferry versus walking through the entire resort to GF's ferry?

Good question!! We check in in less then 2 weeks so we'll be working around the monorail refurb. I knew we'd need to take the boat at some point, but I didn't think about using the Poly boat instead.

Originally Posted by DenLo View Post

Good question!! We check in in less then 2 weeks so we'll be working around the monorail refurb. I knew we'd need to take the boat at some point, but I didn't think about using the Poly boat instead.

We like to do the ferry so we can get photos from the lake. And if when we leave MK there's a boat waiting, we often take it. And I'm not positive that the monorail is faster than ferry, but more walking is involved at the resort(s). I am really curious about getting to the GF ferry. Truthfully I've never walked through GF's property.

There is a separate check in at VGF. They use desks versus a counter. However, I think that Magical Express still drops everyone at GF and you check in there. My question is regarding the ferry. Is it quicker to walk from VGF to the Poly's ferry versus walking through the entire resort to GF's ferry?

Good question.

The boat goes MK- GF-Poly.

Soooo.... If you want fastest I'd say walk to poly b/c even if the walk is the same to the GF dock, you save all the boat time (and the boat is slow). Now.... If it's a busy time of year and you might have problems getting on a boat? Then walk to GF so you can get an early spot.

We like to do the ferry so we can get photos from the lake. And if when we leave MK there's a boat waiting, we often take it. And I'm not positive that the monorail is faster than ferry, but more walking is involved at the resort(s). I am really curious about getting to the GF ferry. Truthfully I've never walked through GF's property.

The GF grounds really are beautiful to walk through. There is so much to see that it really doesn't feel like it take much time at all to get to the ferry dock.

I personally love the walk from GFV to the GF ferry dock.

So you take the boat to MK? And you take the monorail to the other parks and Downtown Disney?

So you take the boat to MK? And you take the monorail to the other parks and Downtown Disney?

You can take the monorail to MK, Contemporary, Polynesian, and TTC. From TTC, you can transfer and take the monorail to Epcot.

For the other parks and DTD, there is bus service.

The original poster was fortunate to get 3 reservations. From the minute our contract was completed, we've had nothing but frustration trying to book anything at all at the VGF. Nothing is ever available.

It is extremely disappointing they haven't released enough rooms to accommodate all of those that have purchased.

The original poster was fortunate to get 3 reservations. From the minute our contract was completed, we've had nothing but frustration trying to book anything at all at the VGF. Nothing is ever available.

It is extremely disappointing they haven't released enough rooms to accommodate all of those that have purchased.

We were able to book July at the 7 month window, plenty of availability.

Must be connected to the time of year you want to go and trying to book after the 11 or 7 month window.

I am HOPING to get a reservation during the first two weeks of December, but at 7 months during this time of year I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!

Would LOVE to stay at VGF, but if not, I already have secured our reservation, at Jambo, our home! :):) CAN'T WAIT to see WDW during the HOLIDAY SEASON..First time to go this time of year and CHILDLESS!!!:cool1: WOW! With our youngest going to college late August, feel like Mom and Dad can kick up our heels a little now!:dance3::yay:

Oh, well if not, certainly another time! VGF, looks GORGEOUS!:thumbsup2

Hello Everyone

We have the Grand villa booked for November can you tell me if each bedroom will have its own safe.

Thanks

My understanding is that all of the rooms have been declared. I know availability is tight ... I had to be up at 5AM Pacific the day the 7-month window opened to get the last available Studio for a week in September. But I got it. Sound like you're just having some bad luck. :confused3

Edit: Actually, looks like about three-quarters has been declared, including 810K points that haven't been sold yet. Not much more they can do, really.

I think this must have to do with when you are trying to book the stay- while I as an owner have had times where I saw no availability before 7 months I have been able to book what I wanted at 11 months out. Are you trying to book to close before your trip- even right now there is plenty of availability for January through early March which would be in the home resort window.

We have VGF for 3 nights in July as the first leg of a split stay. We have a 4 and 2 year old, who will sleep together in the pull out couch. Did the room feel tiny when it was open? At AKV in July- after trying to find a place for the cushions and (IMO) the gigantic furniture, it felt so cramped. Hoping the decor and furniture make it feel more spacious. Need to squeeze a few more years of studio while kids are little before "graduating" to the 1 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter