Villas at Grand Floridian...I can answer questions...I've stayed 3 times already

Thank you for all the info! If you could tell us more about the kids club, that would be great! Where is it located? What ages is it for? What type of activities are there? What is the fee?

We were thinking of booking AKV in large part because of Simba's Clubhouse (my youngest will be 3 by Oct so it would be the first time we could use it), and I didn't think VGF had a kids club. Since they do, this could definitely sway our decision to VGF. :)

Just so you know, for Simba's Club your child must also be completely potty trained, as well as 3. They don't help at all if your child needs to go.

My DD (who turned 3 in Oct) absolutely loved it and didn't want to leave, so I would definitely recommend it! I'm now thinking of splurging every trip with a club stay and one at VGF would be ideal since in Feb we're eating at Victoria and Albert's since I want to try it before it goes off TiW.

We are looking at booking a studio at VGF but one problem we seem to always have is getting one that has an air handler right outside our balcony no matter where we book and they are quite noisy. Have you has this as an issue? Also, we love the Poly, is it an easy walk to it? One last question, we have only walked around the the GF but do they have a quick grab and go for food, like hamburgers and fries kind of stuff? Thanks in advance....smjj

Just so you know, for Simba's Club your child must also be completely potty trained, as well as 3. They don't help at all if your child needs to go.

My DD (who turned 3 in Oct) absolutely loved it and didn't want to leave, so I would definitely recommend it! I'm now thinking of splurging every trip with a club stay and one at VGF would be ideal since in Feb we're eating at Victoria and Albert's since I want to try it before it goes off TiW.

I am mandating that my little guy be potty trained by Oct for our trip. Even if it means potty boot camp over the summer for a week straight, lol.

What about the kid club at the GF? What is it like? How much do they charge and do you have to book in advance to get your child in there?

I wonder if the kid club at GF is the Mousekeeter Club?

http://allears.net/pl/grandadven.htm

Mouseketeer Club - Children will enjoy a visit to the "Mousekeeter Club." For a minimum stay of 2 hours or maximum of 4 hours, children may play video games, movies, games, and arts and crafts. The Mousketeer Club Cast interact with children during their visit. Pagers available to parents upon drop-off of children. Payment of pager deposit required. Children must be potty trained and ages 4-12.

Daily 4:30 p.m. - Midnight
Available to Grand Floridian Guests and Guests dining at the Grand Floridian; $11 per hour per child and includes a kiddy dinner. Reservations 180 days in advance at 407-WDW-DINE.

I do wonder if we get a discount with our DVC Membership?

I wonder if the kid club at GF is the Mousekeeter Club?

http://allears.net/pl/grandadven.htm

Mouseketeer Club - Children will enjoy a visit to the "Mousekeeter Club." For a minimum stay of 2 hours or maximum of 4 hours, children may play video games, movies, games, and arts and crafts. The Mousketeer Club Cast interact with children during their visit. Pagers available to parents upon drop-off of children. Payment of pager deposit required. Children must be potty trained and ages 4-12.

Daily 4:30 p.m. - Midnight
Available to Grand Floridian Guests and Guests dining at the Grand Floridian; $11 per hour per child and includes a kiddy dinner. Reservations 180 days in advance at 407-WDW-DINE.

I do wonder if we get a discount with our DVC Membership?

Well that stinks if that's the case, as we will not be able to take advantage of it because of the 4 yr. age requirement. Does anyone know for sure?

There's some wrong info in that link. I know that at least at Simba's Clubhouse, the age limit is 3, not 4 according to Disney's own site.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/animal-kingdom-lodge/simba-cubhouse/

And I can't find anything at all on Disney's site regarding a kids club at GF or VGF, which is why I was interested in what the PP (McCrae) had to say since they apparently used it?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/child-care-services/

smjj said:
We are looking at booking a studio at VGF but one problem we seem to always have is getting one that has an air handler right outside our balcony no matter where we book and they are quite noisy. Have you has this as an issue? Also, we love the Poly, is it an easy walk to it? One last question, we have only walked around the the GF but do they have a quick grab and go for food, like hamburgers and fries kind of stuff? Thanks in advance....smjj

I'm not sure what an air handler is, but I don't think we had one outside our studio.

The walk to the poly is about 10 minutes - easy walk along a sidewalk.

The quick serve at GF is Gasparilla Grill - it has a pretty decent grill. But it will be a decent walk from the villas. Maybe 10 minutes if you're a slow walker, 5 at a decent pace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

Thanks for all the tips!:cool1:

Hoping to grab a studio at VGF early Dec! Think it will be AWESOME!:thumbsup2:cool1:

Very excited to hear about the new Villas at the Poly being built! Will be a GREAT ADDITION TO DVC!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana:

There is no kids club at gf. There used to be a small one. When they redid gasparillas I believe it was turned into the game room. My dd went to the club at the poly which is the best anyway.

There is a grill beside the splash pool area and villa pool area and the walk is only 2 minutes at most from the villas (moderate speed). It is not 5-10 minutes. I walked it at least a dozen times.

So is walk to Poly quicker than grabbing the monorail? Trying to decide on dining reservations.

mrsp1030 said:
So is walk to Poly quicker than grabbing the monorail? Trying to decide on dining reservations.

From the time you left your room, walked upstairs the main building to the monorail station, waited for a monorail, then stopped at MK, CT, TTC, with possible/normal pauses for the monorail ahead to clear - I wouldn't be surprised if it would take half an hour to get to the poly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

From the time you left your room, walked upstairs the main building to the monorail station, waited for a monorail, then stopped at MK, CT, TTC, with possible/normal pauses for the monorail ahead to clear - I wouldn't be surprised if it would take half an hour to get to the poly. Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

Very true...although the monorail is much quicker on your return (Poly to GF)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter