Villas at Grand Floridian...I can answer questions...I've stayed 3 times already

Looking to book a studio for VGF, for a four night stay during the first 2 weeks of December, just hubbie and I!:thumbsup2

First time with all the years coming to WDW that we will see the Holiday decorations! Always have arranged vacas during the kids summer breaks, always centered around school breaks and sports! Youngest son will be tucked away in college, end of Aug.2014, so we will now have some flexibility and can have a little "Mom and Dad" fun tooling around WDW!:woohoo:

Think we will "spring" for the extra lakeview studio points verus standard studio..over 4 nights difference is 13 points.

From the thread on layout of VGF, I am interested in "requesting" highest floor possible, lakeview studios, ending in 10..1610 is first preference, 1510 second preference, 4th floor 410...Then 1514, 1314...

Any thoughts???????? Bet it is an AWESOME VIEW OF THE FIREWORKS!:yay:
CAN'T WAIT!:dance3:

You are going to love the christmas decor all over the resort! Don't forget to visit other hotels on the resort as well because it is worth the visits just to check out the christmas decorations.

I definitely suggest going to Mickey's Christmas Party if you get a chance. It is soooo worth the extra ticket price and the whole park has a different "feel" to it during the party. We go every year and love it more each time we go.

As for room location, we had lake views each time and were on the 2nd and 3rd floors. I can't remember the exact room numbers but we didn't have a view of the fireworks at all from the studios. We could see Space Mountain, but no fireworks. When we stayed in the 1 bedroom, I specifically requested a room in the "south" wing and did get it and even though it was close to end, the view of the fireworks was only partial and we had to stand as far a possible to the right to try to see them. I higher floor would surely have warranted a better view though.

I just booked VGF again for July 1-5. I was there last year at BLT for the July 4th fireworks and had tears in my eyes and goosebumps from watching them, so I am going to go again this year.

how did VGF "feel" with young kids? MH and I visited VGF and toured them on our last trip, but we felt like we would feel out of place there with our young kids...
(4 &2)

how did VGF "feel" with young kids? MH and I visited VGF and toured them on our last trip, but we felt like we would feel out of place there with our young kids...
(4 &2)

We had a 5 and 1 year old with us for each visit and didn't feel out of place in anyway. Within the villa building is just the rooms so you actually go over to the "main" Grand Floridian to swim, which has an excellent "little" kids splash pool area. I have stayed at almost all of the disney resorts and this is my fave for the pool option for the little kids (it's their fave too).

You're at Disneyworld...how could you ever feel out of place with young kids?????

Maybe just because we didn't see any small kids when we walked around! Ha! You have a good point though. Probably we would be happy anywhere. We just need more points to make a stay at the VGF worth it!

(4 &2)

They have a fantastic kids club that is worth checking out. Great place for the kids to go in the early evening so mom and dad den have a nice dinner together.

Our kids thought it was one of the best things at Disney.

They have a fantastic kids club that is worth checking out. Great place for the kids to go in the early evening so mom and dad den have a nice dinner together.

Our kids thought it was one of the best things at Disney.

Is there a fee for the kids club? There is a kids club at the GF?

I've heard there is a small cove where the studio connects to the one bedroom. Is that enough space to store luggage or strollers?

Oh that is great to hear! How about the secret compartment under the bed? Were you able to it a suitcase under there?

mrsp1030 said:
Oh that is great to hear! How about the secret compartment under the bed? Were you able to it a suitcase under there?

I think I slid 2 rolling suitcases (that fit in airplane overhead), not side by side, but one in then the second pushing the first one further under the bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

Yes, there's ton of room under the bed. We stored all 3 of our large suitcases under there.

mrsp1030 said:

I think I slid 2 rolling suitcases (that fit in airplane overhead), not side by side, but one in then the second pushing the first one further under the bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

Is it the same sort of Kid's Club like the Neverland Club and Simba's? We used Simba's last trip and it was amazing.

Question, I know the fridge is small, but is it the same size as the dinky fridges in a regular deluxe room or the slightly larger small fridge like they have in an AKV Jambo Studio?

And yeah for coffee pots and a toaster! :D

Is it the same sort of Kid's Club like the Neverland Club and Simba's? We used Simba's last trip and it was amazing. Question, I know the fridge is small, but is it the same size as the dinky fridges in a regular deluxe room or the slightly larger small fridge like they have in an AKV Jambo Studio? And yeah for coffee pots and a toaster! :D

No, the fridge was 10X better than the regular size deluxe room fridges.

Thank you for all the info! If you could tell us more about the kids club, that would be great! Where is it located? What ages is it for? What type of activities are there? What is the fee?

We were thinking of booking AKV in large part because of Simba's Clubhouse (my youngest will be 3 by Oct so it would be the first time we could use it), and I didn't think VGF had a kids club. Since they do, this could definitely sway our decision to VGF. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter