Volcanic Ash Over Iceland Cancels Flights!!!

We're three weeks today too and I'm hoping that the lovely volcano decides its time to go back to sleep again for another 200 years!!

Hope everyone gets away soon, but as others have said, safety first :thumbsup2

Friend of mine who's a pilot has been told that he's still due to report to Liverpool Airport tomorrow for his afternoon flight so not all hope is lost for flights tomorrow, yet

:goodvibes

We're stuck in Dallas where we should have connected to fly home; flew in from MCO this morning. No flights out for at least 3 days...so we're just chilling here this weekend I guess :confused3

My Mum left on the red eye from Norwich this morning, connected in Schipoll and left for Houston at 10am this morning .... shes there now and unpacking .... very lucky indeed :thumbsup2 Fingers crossed all you guys travelling in the next day or so get away OK :wizard:

We're stuck in Dallas where we should have connected to fly home; flew in from MCO this morning. No flights out for at least 3 days...so we're just chilling here this weekend I guess :confused3

Enjoy!!!!!!! and make the most of it ........... say hi to JR from me! :thumbsup2

It really depends on the type of policy but to be honest this is classed in the insurance business as an "act of god" and there probably isn't cover. Most travel policies do tend to gave a delay clause where they will give you so much money for every 12 hours or so you are delayed. But as always it's best to check your policies!
I hope they get things safe and back to normal soon for the sake of all those excited passengers and those trying to get back home after Easter.
Sending pixie dust to all those trAvelling to the world in the next couple of days!

The trouble is that the flights aren't being delayed they're being cancelled so different conditions apply - I think that all you will get from the airlines is the cost of the flight or a rebooking unless the holiday has been booked as a package. As for insurance it will vary from policy to policy.

Us too, after watching tonights news i'm worrying about further eruptions over the next few days - we are due to get married in three weeks time.

Oh Piglet, it has to be sorted by then! I hope your wedding is even better than you dreamed it would be! :goodvibes

Although we dont fly for another 4 weeks i am worrying for all the other people, as I know how you build yourself up to the holiday,all that money and preparation.
Im throwing some pixie dust over the volcano to make it stop pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

The no flight time has just been extended again to 1am Saturday morning.

The no flight time has just been extended again to 1am Saturday morning.

This is getting worrying now!
I feel for so many families that save all year (some longer!) for a dream holiday and something like this happens. It is so hard to try and explain this to young children.
Safety comes first though ... my Aunty is due to fly in 4 days, i hope it gets sorted by then ... She has promised to stock up on my Clinque!!!

Still out here waiting - looks like being back in the UK on Monday at the very earliest.

We were due to fly out to Mexico on Tue for BIL wedding (we cancelled xmas time due to DH having a big fall out with his brother) and are now flying next sat to Orlando.

You seriously can't dream these things up!! this trip was supposed to of been last year but all our holidays were cancelled to Mexico because of the swine flu!! now all DH's family are flying out Tuesday (some tomorrow) and they might not be going again because of a volcano... :confused3

Someone is trying to tell them something..LOL

When were you supposed to be flying home? Have you had to find a new hotel to book into while you wait?

Yesterday. We should have landed at 7am this morning at Heathrow. We've got a hotel - not going to be out of here before Sunday at the earliest.

I hope that anyone that is stuck out in Florida manages to make the most of the extra time they have and doesn't have to hang around the airport.

And for any of you that have trips coming up my fingers are crossed that all this blows over - no pun intended - and you can all get on your way

No flights out of England until at least 7am Saturday now - Scotland 7pm tonight.

At least somethings moving!

My hubby was due to come and join me today (at AKV) - the first flight Virgin can offer him is Sunday 25th -the day we're due to fly home - not very happy at all.

We were due to fly home today with Virgin. This morning we read that flights were not going and went to Downtown Disney to speak to the rep. They were telling people to check out of Hotels, return hire cars and wait at the airport! I told them that we would not be doing any of those things and advised other Virgin Holidays customers not to follow this advice.
Later on today VH reps confirmed they have paid for another night at our current apartment but will not pay for the car. Our Insurance won't cover anything as they cover delays but not cancellations.
Its nobodies fault that the volcano has erupted but large companies such as Virgin should have contingency plans as telling people to go and wait at the airport en masse is just ridiculous. The frontline staff should not be left to struggle with this and beleive me the reps here have no support at all from anyone in a senior position.
Lets hope there aren't too many people sleeping on airport floors this weekend....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter