Volcanic Ash Over Iceland Cancels Flights!!!

this is so heartbreaking i have friends who are stuck out in australia and 1 friend who was due to go to l.a for the trip of a lifetime and its all been cancelled !

though they can rebook their flights they have lost money on their hotel

i think this is why i will probably book with thomons or virgin so at least the whole thing is protected
i cant even think about planning my holiday at the moment it feels almost wrong

i hope everyone stranded is ok and making the best of it

good luck and hope you get home soon !!:grouphug:

Can people rearange their stay for a later date or have they lost their holiday?Do you think Disney and Universal for example will be understanding?

We have tickets for tomorrow (unlikely!) but the next available flight home for us is next Saturday. We were supposed to fly home on Thursday. I just want to go home :sad1:

I appreciate people want to go on their hard earned holidays but there are literally thousands of people stranded from home - THEY need to be the priority here.

I have just done a dummy booking on VA for next wk and its saying no flights-until monday 26th

We have tickets for tomorrow (unlikely!) but the next available flight home for us is next Saturday. We were supposed to fly home on Thursday. I just want to go home :sad1:

I appreciate people want to go on their hard earned holidays but there are literally thousands of people stranded from home - THEY need to be the priority here.

:hug: i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you at least are able to get home next saturday....

Oh Piglet, it has to be sorted by then! I hope your wedding is even better than you dreamed it would be! :goodvibes

Aah, thank you :goodvibes all we can do is wait and hope. We have friends who are stuck in Italy at the moment and our relatives are due to fly out of the UK on Tuesday, so our thoughts are with them and all the others who are stranded :hug:

kath, i would make some dodgy jokes about teachers doing anything to get away from their classes..but i wont:hug:
seriously try and enjoy your time away as much as you can, everyone will survive without you, sunbathe and relax:cloud9:

I do feel sorry for people who can't go on their holiday but at least they are home and comfortable, I mainly feel very sorry for people who can't get home.

So many people go on holiday and they can barely afford to so there is no money for extra delays. (which is why we never go unless we can afford extra nights of accommodation)

The unfortunate thing is because it covers most of Europe you can even get onto the conteniant and then train, bus, ferry home.

Hotels put their prices up in London after the bombings so they certainly will have no worries in cashing in on this.

Kirsten

someone posted on the dis unplugged board that they read on a board that there is a stranded family in orlando whose son's insulin is running out...
i hadn't even thought about the people with medical issues (and lack of medical insurance, since they've gone past their coverage)..
what a nightmare...

My DS is diabetic and has enough insulin for a few more days. We decided not to wait until it is almost gone and went to a walk in center yesterday. The cost of the Dr and insulin was over $300 but he has to have it insured or not.
As for sending stranded customers to the airport VH e mailed me yesterday apologising and agreeing that is was not at all helpful given the circumstances. What can anyone at an airport do to help when flights are cancelled?!:confused3
Today at a meeting in DTD VH told us they are trying to help anyone without accomodation and seem to be gradually getting things together. Not much help for those people asked to vacate their accomodation today with nowhere to go but at least they are not now washing their hands of the problem.

My friend was supposed to fly home from Tokyo yesterday but instead she'll be going on the 26th, and some really mad route at that! She's holding up OK (lone traveller) just really bored! Hope everyone else waiting to go home can do so ASAP :grouphug:

Just read on Sky News that KLM are sending up a test plane to 30,000 feet over Dutch airspace to test the effect of the dust, lets hope there is a positive outcome to get those who are stranded back to their homes :)

My DS is diabetic and has enough insulin for a few more days. We decided not to wait until it is almost gone and went to a walk in center yesterday. The cost of the Dr and insulin was over $300 but he has to have it insured or not.
As for sending stranded customers to the airport VH e mailed me yesterday apologising and agreeing that is was not at all helpful given the circumstances. What can anyone at an airport do to help when flights are cancelled?!:confused3
Today at a meeting in DTD VH told us they are trying to help anyone without accomodation and seem to be gradually getting things together. Not much help for those people asked to vacate their accomodation today with nowhere to go but at least they are not now washing their hands of the problem.

glad to hear you were able to get the insulin for your son - i can't imagine anything more upsetting!
i hope you all get to go home soon! :hug:

Just read on Sky News that KLM are sending up a test plane to 30,000 feet over Dutch airspace to test the effect of the dust, lets hope there is a positive outcome to get those who are stranded back to their homes :)

i wouldn't want to be that pilot :eek:

So many people go on holiday and they can barely afford to so there is no money for extra delays. (which is why we never go unless we can afford extra nights of accommodation)

Kirsten

We also make sure we have ''emergency money'', usually enough for a couple days, but there's no way we'd have enough to last over a week.

A friend of mine was due to fly out yesterday morning, but obviously couldn't. He was lucky enough to have understanding employers and went into work instead and can just take his holiday when it can be rearranged.

Feel really sorry for those stuck out there now, with rapidly diminishing funds and no tickets for the parks. There's only so much you can do in Florida without money.

Hope for everyones sake that things improve soon.

Can people rearange their stay for a later date or have they lost their holiday?Do you think Disney and Universal for example will be understanding?

DCL won't :sad2: For the Med cruises they will not charge for the excursions but you can't get your money back or re-book :sad2:

That sounds pretty crazy :eek: :confused: I wonder what they will find.

Quote "DCL won't :sad2: For the Med cruises they will not charge for the excursions but you can't get your money back or re-book :sad2: "quote

Did you have this info directly from DCL ???? It is very disappointing to know that ! Pixiedust to those flying from US to Barcelona for the first Med cruise !

DCL won't :sad2: For the Med cruises they will not charge for the excursions but you can't get your money back or re-book :sad2:

you mean that if you don't go on the med cruise because you can't get to barcelona, they won't refund your money?
would the cruise insurance cover you in that case?

O my god that is disgusting:scared1::mad: Making money out of peoples misfortune.They should be ashamed of themselves.People have lost enough money and had unnecessary stress without gold diggers exploiting. I am so angry about this:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

These people need to be reported there are laws against this.

i've already posted this in other threads, but i'll post it here too, just in case:

be sure to hold on to all of your receipts...
there was an expert on the BBC or Sky this morning (i was flipping back and forth between the two)....
he said the airlines are responsible for reasonable food expenses and possibly also hotel expenses and that everyone should hold onto all of their receipts to try to get it back later...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter