Volcanic Ash Over Iceland Cancels Flights!!!

We were supposed to be flying out to MCO from Gatwick with BA on friday afternoon, that then got re-organised for today. We have now given up on getting away, and have rescheduled our trip for June, as, due to DBFs work schedule, we can't delay it by another week.

We found BA to be quite good, considering the mess in rescheduling/canceling, airport parking were brilliant. We have been able to move our car hire to June, but had to pay an administration fee of £20 (and the balance as we are now going for longer), but it was quick and easy. Having booked our rooms with alpharooms, we have also found them to be pretty helpful.

We called Disney in regards to our tickets, and they said the e-voucher would be fine to activate until 31st December.

We have lost a bit of money, and shed a few tears (after personal struggles lately, the holiday was very much needed)... But we're trying to look on the bright side, at least we are safe at home, rather than wondering when we'll ever get back, I get to do more planning(!) and we are now going for longer (14 nights rather than 9).... (Also I turn 21 in the meantime)...

Good luck to everyone stuck away from home, I really hope this is all dies down asap!

We were supposed to be flying out to MCO from Gatwick with BA on friday afternoon, that then got re-organised for today. We have now given up on getting away, and have rescheduled our trip for June, as, due to DBFs work schedule, we can't delay it by another week.

We found BA to be quite good, considering the mess in rescheduling/canceling, airport parking were brilliant. We have been able to move our car hire to June, but had to pay an administration fee of £20 (and the balance as we are now going for longer), but it was quick and easy. Having booked our rooms with alpharooms, we have also found them to be pretty helpful.

We called Disney in regards to our tickets, and they said the e-voucher would be fine to activate until 31st December.

We have lost a bit of money, and shed a few tears (after personal struggles lately, the holiday was very much needed)... But we're trying to look on the bright side, at least we are safe at home, rather than wondering when we'll ever get back, I get to do more planning(!) and we are now going for longer (14 nights rather than 9).... (Also I turn 21 in the meantime)...

Good luck to everyone stuck away from home, I really hope this is all dies down asap!

We're rebooked for Sat. If that falls through that's it so I know exactly how you're feeling. So glad you sorted out a good alternative! x

"50% of european flights should be operating tomorrow,with exception of areas between Iceland and Russia" from Sky News.Sounds hopeful!
Listening to the press conference there seemed to be a lot of back pedling.Is this Swine flu all over again.,one minute we're all going to die,the next,it seems to have faded away! Hope they are not compromising safety because of economic pressure!

"50% of european flights should be operating tomorrow,with exception of areas between Iceland and Russia" from Sky News.Sounds hopeful!
Listening to the press conference there seemed to be a lot of back pedling.Is this Swine flu all over again.,one minute we're all going to die,the next,it seems to have faded away! Hope they are not compromising safety because of economic pressure!

Hoping hoping hoping!

I have just heard that passengers stranded in USA could be flown to Spain and then possibly boat from there. They are talking about using the Royal Navy for the purpose.

Looks like the airline companies are putting quite a bit of pressure on the politicians to get things moving. Several airlines have sent up planes on short journeys to assess potential damage and every flight has recorded no damage whatsoever.

Here's hoping that the planes get flying again and the backlog cleared before I'm due to fly out on three weeks. Rebooking is not an option as this is the only time that the missus and I have holidays that pair up.

latest

Airspace availability:
(Aerodromes geographically located within these airspaces if closed will be unavailable):

EB Belgium - closed 19-1800z
ED Germany - closed up to FL195 until 19-1800
ED Germany all airports - see relevant NOTAMs
EDYY Maastricht - open
EE Estonia - closed 19-1200z
EF Finland - closed 19-1500z for flights above FL 355 contact the FMP
EG United Kingdom - closed 20-0000z
EH Netherlands - closed 19-1200z
EI Ireland - closed 19-1800z
EK Denmark - closed 20-0000z, available above FL355
EN Bodo - open
EN Oslo - open
EN Stavanger open
(for details call +4775542900)
ESMM Malmo north - open
ESMM Malmo south - closed 19-1400utc
ESOS open north of 60n until 19 1200
EP Poland - see notam
LB Bulgaria - open but N-part closed sfc-fl285 notam A0500/10
LD Croatia - open from 0700
LE Spain - open
LFMM Marseille- open
LFEE Reims - closed 20-0600z
LFFF Paris - closed 19-1300z
LFRR Brest- closed 20-0000z
LFBB Bordeaux- open, except LFBBN+LM sectors FL1458-195 closed until 1300z
LH Hungary - closed 19-1000z
LI Italy Milan - CLOSED up to FL195 20-0600z
LI Italy Padova -CLOSED up to FL195 20-0600z
LJ Slovenia - open
LK Czech Republic - closed up to FL 245 20-0000z
LO Austria - a danger area over the entire FIR see notam
LR Romania - closed up to FL 285 19-1500z, except MOPUG sector, Notam A0736/10 refers
LS Switzerland - closed up to FL200 19-1200z
LY Serbia - open
LZBB Bratislava - closed up to FL245 19-1000z notam A/0626/10
E-part open (Vamog-Supak) notam C0631/10
UKLV - closed up to FL 205 19-0900z
UKOV - closed up to FL 205 19-1200z
UKFV - open
UKDV - open

Please contact the FMPs
concerned for more information.

No IFR clearances will be issued
that penetrate contaminated airspace.

this shows how owerful this eruption is! That is NOT superimposed lightening

icevolcano_fulle.jpg

What a fabulous picture - really brings home what it is all about...

Not sure I'd like to take the risk flying right now... am hoping things calm down before our next trip - and soon enough that the holiday / airline companies don't go bust....

Our school is down 10% today 3 staff and 40 pupils absent..... that's ONE small primary school - I guess it's the same across the country...

Tessa

We are due to travel from Aberdeen via Amsterdam on Sunday 25th...it is not looking good now.:scared:

We are due to travel from Aberdeen via Amsterdam on Sunday 25th...it is not looking good now.:scared:

God I hope you can go cause our reschedule is saturday. If you can't we have no hope!

Cool pic. Volcanos etc are pretty just don't like this one right now! :sad1:

God I hope you can go cause our reschedule is saturday. If you can't we have no hope!

Cool pic. Volcanos etc are pretty just don't like this one right now! :sad1:

thanks for that , I don't even want to think about re-schedule at the minute..so much to arrange if we have to go there

According to sky news met office warns that the ash cloud could reach the east coast of america by 6pm tonight

thanks for that , I don't even want to think about re-schedule at the minute..so much to arrange if we have to go there

i'm hearing! Spent all of last sat rearranging our Sunday flight for this coming saturday and then spent ages on the phone to Disney. They were great about the room change but I lost nearly all my ADRs and despite disney dining trying, they couldn't get me any of them again.:sad2: Don't wanna have to do it all again if we can't fly saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter