VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Sleepy, I never asked which school you were visiting in Maine, but I had a feeling it was either Bates or Colby! Congratulations to your daughter I am sure she will be very happy there!
Thanks, Corinne, and thanks to all for the well wishes for my daughter. She's thrilled as it was one of her top three choices; in fact, I think it might have been number one. Her other top choice was Wesleyan U., and she visited there a couple of weeks ago; however, she only liked it a lot whereas she fell in love with Bates. After spending a day there, I can see why.

And, a belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BARB AND CHUCK!!! pixiedust: HOPE IT WAS A MAGICAL DAY!

Last edited:
Granny, thanks for the reports on Aulani and DLRA/VGC. Every time I see someone eating a Dole whip here at Aulani I think of you. I was surprised to hear the entrance to California Adventure was strictly for VGC guests as when we stayed there in 2012 all of the Disney resorts used it. But it did move fast. Besides the photo taking delays when using a new ticket were surprised when park hopping that we had to get our hands stamped to get into the next park. Is that still true? It seemed a little old fashioned considering they had our photos and ticket information on file.

DL did away with the handstamp when they went to adding pictures to all ticket types. Now they verify that way that you haven't handed or sold the ticket to someone else to use later in the day or to use a remaining day or two.

The park entrance at the Grand is restricted to GC/VGC guests only until 11am. After that it is available for anyone to use. They've added a bit more of a layer in that if you walk up to the front of the Grand hotel they will verify you are staying there and if not they will send you over to the DTD entrance. Of course there's distractions etc so non-Grand guests get thru I'm sure. The entry into the park for early entry in the morning - if you get there early and are one of the first in line it's useable but otherwise it's generally faster to walk down to the main entrance. Hoping into the line right at park entry usually means approx a 15 minute wait to enter there if the line has gone down and wraps around at White Water Snacks. They only have a limited space for security checkers there which is what slows it down. And lots of people with loaded strollers and bags going in. It's usually quick and easy during the remainder of the day or if you go to enter say 30 minutes after the park has opened. You can hit the odd timing with a group in front of you of course.

Granny
We took my mom and dad to natural bridge va for a long weekend and went over to VMI earlier today to the museum this is stonewall
Jackson’s horse Little Sorrell that he was riding when shot at Chancellorsville
Also the picture is of the VMI cadets at New Market hanging in the chapel C4CAE028-1975-4B9A-9D5A-172F5E801BDF.jpeg A9188B9E-01BE-4650-BF8C-0D20D6346BC8.jpeg

Jimmy...thanks for sharing the pictures. I've never made it to VMI so hopefully some day I will do so.

this is stonewall
Jackson’s horse Little Sorrell that he was riding when shot at Chancellorsville

Let the record show that he was shot by his own guys!

Such a brutal, brutal war.

Jimmy...thanks for sharing the pictures. I've never made it to VMI so hopefully some day I will do so.

Let the record show that he was shot by his own guys!

Such a brutal, brutal war.

Glad too share,knew you would appreciate!

Patrick told me so many of you had birthday wishes for me, I wanted to thank you all so much for remembering this infrequent visitor!

You are more than welcome to hang out here anytime!

Di, I'll join you in the weekend celebration! :dogdance: DDad can catch up with us when he's done with that "work thing". 8-)

And what's the countdown calendar say for your upcoming trip? Must be pretty low numbers by now!

We too shall join in the weekend festivities

Thanks Granny! I haven't put in a request yet. Probably will just try inner courtyard and high floor like I used to do when it was part of the hotel. But it's only 1 night and a walk in shower so a) I'm not certain where the studios with walk in showers are and b) our 1 night stays have often ended up getting assigned to either HA rooms or ground floor rooms. Now I ran across this little gem of a view although am not positive any of these moved over to CCV but I think they may have. Will I be so lucky? :scratchin

View attachment 308972

That's the area I'm expecting! :rotfl:

.. Those rooms should never have been hotel rooms to start with in my opinion. I felt like I was in prison.

SIDE NOTE -
I just saw Humphrey's page posted about the sneaky new up-charges Disney has added to the room reservations. Thankfully, not when staying in villas on points (for now). The details seem to be that starting for any Disney hotel reservation made after March 21 the nightly parking fee will be either $13 for value resort /$19 for Moderate /$24 for Deluxe or Villas.

YIKES! They really don't want us bringing our own vehicles in now, do they?

Thought I would report back on these rooms but it's not because I was placed in one! I could see them from the windows on the walk to my CCV studio and noted that there wasn't any patio furniture on their balconies so I went to investigate on that floor and discovered they have been turned into hotel staff only areas. One CM came up while I was there and from what I saw in the room it was being used for storage. Apparently you weren't the only one to think they shouldn't have been guest rooms @twinklebug ! At least I'm assuming they aren't going to eventually shift over to CCV and have permanently become storage rooms.

Thought I would report back on these rooms but it's not because I was placed in one! I could see them from the windows on the walk to my CCV studio and noted that there wasn't any patio furniture on their balconies so I went to investigate on that floor and discovered they have been turned into hotel staff only areas. One CM came up while I was there and from what I saw in the room it was being used for storage. Apparently you weren't the only one to think they shouldn't have been guest rooms @twinklebug ! At least I'm assuming they aren't going to eventually shift over to CCV and have permanently become storage rooms.
That would be great news Kathy! No more fears of being placed in one. Thank you for scoping it out.

going to try and book at the 7 month window for next trip in 2019! We always do April, but tempted by the lower amount of points needed for Feb... hmmm. I sure loved the weather this past week, chilly a few mornings, but gorgeous overall!!!! Few small things in the studio that we noticed could have been updated but overall we fell in love with BRV and our stay.
Yes next year you have to be careful of when Easter falls in April. It falls during our April vacation here in Mass so we won't be doing April next year.

OBVIOUSLY spring is jumping out all over . . . . I had to post just to get us above the Copper Creek thread . . .how embarrassing! :sad2:

But on another matter, the soft whispers of the morning are now down to "Two more Sleeps", which by this time is really maybe a half sleep. . . . I guess I better start packing. ::yes::

:cake: Happy Birthday franandaj! :flower1:

and with the length of time spring took to get to us all this year, a well deserved

:rose: Happy May Day to all! :flower2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter