Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I know I could simply call the resort on this, but feel like this may be easier/quicker/more authoritative...

My wife and I decided the other day that we were going to rent a car this time around for the first time during a Disney trip. We had a friend who met us on our last trip and we drove to certain resort ADRs, AK, etc which was so convenient over the buses with a 1 year old...but then I realized part of the convenience was the complimentary parking privleges afforded on-site guests. I know S/D guests get free parking at the 4 major parks, but do you have the same ability to park at disney resorts for ADRs, DTD, water parks, etc? Thanks!

I know I could simply call the resort on this, but feel like this may be easier/quicker/more authoritative...

My wife and I decided the other day that we were going to rent a car this time around for the first time during a Disney trip. We had a friend who met us on our last trip and we drove to certain resort ADRs, AK, etc which was so convenient over the buses with a 1 year old...but then I realized part of the convenience was the complimentary parking privleges afforded on-site guests. I know S/D guests get free parking at the 4 major parks, but do you have the same ability to park at disney resorts for ADRs, DTD, water parks, etc? Thanks!
Yes you do. But there is the parking fee at the S/D itself.

Has anyone been to the Dolphin recently? Seems to be some bad reviews as of lately on Trip Advisor but I know to take them with a grain of salt. I just don't like the reviews that rooms aren't clean...dated is one thing dirty skeeves me out!

Has anyone been to the Dolphin recently? Seems to be some bad reviews as of lately on Trip Advisor but I know to take them with a grain of salt. I just don't like the reviews that rooms aren't clean...dated is one thing dirty skeeves me out!

We've stayed at the Dolphin nine out of the last ten years (one year ABD to Europe instead!) and we have NEVER encountered a dirty room! As for out-dated - Geesh, I don't understand those reports! Outdated to me is shag carpeting and goldenrod or avocado green. Lol. The soft colors of the Dolphin, even pre remodeling, is lovely! :-),

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Seen by other posts, they were able to alcove rooms for 11,000 points a night. when i call, they say you can't stay in alcove rooms on points, for 11,000 points a night you get a balcony room. looking to stay at dolphin. How were you able to get alcove rooms for 11,000 points a night?

We stayed in an Alcove Room at the Swan this past July on 11,500 points per night. We had to call the hotel directly, not the SPG reservation line. We were then upgraded to a Junior Suite.

I hope they haven't changed the reservation policy. I would be so disappointed.

I really hope I'm wrong about getting a suite on points- having an executive suite makes the S&W just about perfect!

Just decided to go to Disney next October for F&W. Does anyone have access to a room schematic for the hotels? I have never put in a specific room request in my 10+ trips going to the Dolphin, but I may do so for my next trip.

I really hope I'm wrong about getting a suite on points- having an executive suite makes the S&W just about perfect!

Just decided to go to Disney next October for F&W. Does anyone have access to a room schematic for the hotels? I have never put in a specific room request in my 10+ trips going to the Dolphin, but I may do so for my next trip.

Just booked the room on cash and call to switch it to points. This shouldn't be an issue with any SPG hotel. Have done it recently with a St. Regis as well as the Swan.

Just booked the room on cash and call to switch it to points. This shouldn't be an issue with any SPG hotel. Have done it recently with a St. Regis as well as the Swan.

This is exactly what I used to do. However, when I came in June of this year, I was told in January I could not use points for an executive suite. I called a few days later and was told the same thing. I paid for the hotel room in points but I had to pay $200/night for the attached "parlor". Not a bad deal, but considering that I used to get an executive suite for 20,000 points per night, I wasn't happy. It ended up being close to $300 per night once you factored in the resort fees, parking fee and tax.

I have read other reports on this forum and others (flyertalk), so I know this wasn't just one bad reservation agent. Makes me think twice about the Dolphin for next October.

Here you go:

Swan

Dolphin

In other news, I just called and got a rate adjustment for my December stay at the Swan...saved $30 a night! :thumbsup2

What is a bit discerning while playing on that link for 2 hours :-)thumbsup2) is that there are really only 4 - 6 alcove rooms. We asked for one with a king bed and pull out sofa and adjoining to a room with a double. There are only 2 rooms with king beds. So I just called and confirmed. They said they had our room assigned and we have a king bed and an adjoining double room. Hopefully it remains when we check in. Of course he wouldn't tell me what floor or room in case it changes but I hope this remains when we arrive.

Also did anyone receive the bounceback discount post card in the mail? 35% off rooms next year at Disney resorts?

I am currently at the Dolphin. I appreciate this thread and the info it provides. However, our room is missing many of the things that the first post says are standard for guest rooms. So I wanted to make others aware. We are staying in the 8th floor of the west wing with a view towards tower of terror.
We do not have a mini bar.
We do not have any in room movies available for purchase (only free TV channels).
We do not have a make up mirror.
We do not have any complimentary weekday newspaper on any day this week so far.
We do not have fresh contemporary decor (all 4 walls are blank pink color with no photos or artwork in the entire room).
I understand the info changes daily but this is all listed in the first post as part of standard rooms.

I am currently at the Dolphin. I appreciate this thread and the info it provides. However, our room is missing many of the things that the first post says are standard for guest rooms. So I wanted to make others aware. We are staying in the 8th floor of the west wing with a view towards tower of terror.
We do not have a mini bar.
We do not have any in room movies available for purchase (only free TV channels).
We do not have a make up mirror.
We do not have any complimentary weekday newspaper on any day this week so far.
We do not have fresh contemporary decor (all 4 walls are blank pink color with no photos or artwork in the entire room).
I understand the info changes daily but this is all listed in the first post as part of standard rooms.

I have never seen a "mini bar" in any of the rooms in which we stayed--only the standard small coffee maker on the counter.

Never had any in room movies either

The make up mirror has been in every room in which we stayed.

The weekday newspapers are no longer delivered to each room; rather they are placed at the ends of hallways on the tables.

The artwork has always been in our rooms. Perhaps this room is on the list for the new update that is expected soon and they have removed the artwork pending replacement? Just a thought--no solid information.

Sorry that you received a room that isn't what you expected. On our last stay in September/early October, we were less than impressed with all three rooms we received--located in East, West and Central and only one with a king bed despite the request for two king bedded rooms. Have you asked to be moved or are you basically content?

I agree that the first page should be updated to reflect changes. :thumbsup2

Yes I was not stating that there should be a mini bar or in room movies. I was stating that the info in the first post is incorrect and some people may think they are getting those by reading this thread, when they won't. We also have no regular fridge?
We did ask to be moved but was told no other rooms due to a convention that took over the hotel all week (PestWorld 2014). Maybe you are correct that our room is soon to be renovated and that's why it is missing paintings and furniture. Most of the room is blank and empty space, just vast amount of empty space with nothing. Very disappointing for the last few days of our vacation. We do like the location and outdoor space but due to the room, wouldn't stay again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter