What are you doing for Halloween?

rpmdfw

<font color=red>I feel similarly about the cha-cha
Okay, we've already got a thread going about what kind of candy people are giving away, but what else?

What is your costume this year?

How are you celebrating? Do you have plans?

And since I'm asking, I guess I should go first.

Costume is still up in the air. Lots of possibilities. Doctor (scrubs are comfy, I get to wear tennis shoes, and the lab coat has pockets), Charlie Brown, Musketeer, Pirate, Robin Hood (if the costume still fits). We shall see, but I'm sure it'll be one of those.

As to our plans, I've mentioned before that we're throwing a Halloween Party. Anywhere between 20 and 40 people.

We've asked that the guests bring food and beverage contributions, but Scott and I will be doing "cauldrons". We'll have hot queso dip, cheese fondue (and things to dip in each of course) a couple of cold dips; and two, count them, two punch bowls (we got two as wedding presents, and they match, how cool is that!) One of the punchbowls will have a drink called "Something Wicked This Way Comes" (created by an Adventurers Club bartender, and a crowd favorite.) It's dark purple. The other punch bowl will have Konk Koolers from Disney's Castaway Cay. The recipe should render a drink that's a pale orange color. So we're trying to get as close to black and orange as possible with the punch bowls.

Scott is decorating the front yard, and we'll rotate "candy duty" amongst a few of us.

Should be fun!

That sounds like fun!!!

We do the big candy giveaway. This year we are a bunch of evil spirits. ( I already started planning next year. We will be either Star Wars , and decorate accordingly or evil clowns!! and decorate accordingly).

Other than that we will be going to see Amy Ray!!!

But no party for us this year. A good friend of our does it every year. Her attic is always decorated for it! She has a cemetery in one room and a Psycho shower scene in another (you open the door you hear music a knife comes down , it is great!). However she had her party this Sat , the 25th! I couldn’t go (she lives 2 hrs away) I had the Steeler game to go to on Sunday!

One thing that she always puts out on the table is a brain made out of Jell-O with fake flies all over it. Gross but it makes the party! LOL

Both of you folk's plans sound like fun. I'm handing out candy and am making caramel apples for my grandkids -- that's it. Just a party pooper I guess -- I don't even plan to carve a pumpkin.;)

Well - we already went to "mickey's not so scary" and we went in costume as Origianl Mousekateers (as soon as I get ten posts - I'll put some pics). Last Saturday was 'the communities' big Halloween party and my favorite non-profit had the their 'big hair - big scare' drag show. Ir started at 9 pm but was so crowded I was home in time for SNL. and on the 31st Handing out candy! One for you, two for me...
oh - and i forgot the part about decorating the Yard - We have a Black Rod Iron Gate in the Front Yard - and this might be year I impale a pumpkin on it...

I am so bad... I do not like Halloween.. I never have. Sorry guys..

That's psycho!
scream2.jpg

I am so bad... I do not like Halloween.. I never have. Sorry guys..

Oh, I understand. I like the children's Halloween. Adults and Halloween can be a very bad combination as so many use it as an excuse to commit both physical and emotional violence. I realize that on most holidays there is a percentage of the population that wants to drink and drive; and on the 4th of July we have people who want to drink, drive, and play with fire. As tragic as these other holiday outcomes are, they generally don't involve the premeditated infliction of harm upon other people.

My sister was gay, and I have a number of times wondered about myself as well. However, the fact that I have heard Halloween referred to as "Gay Christmas" doesn't do anything to change my reluctance to embrace it too much.

I'll be doing the 'momm thing' and taking the boys TRT.....my 4yo will be a kangaroo (his choice) and my 3yo will be a lion.

I will be a very TIREd mommy!

Most likely going party hopping :thumbsup2 (after I go trick or treating...with the little cousins of course :rolleyes1) As far as the costume I'm between the pumpkin witch that i was last year, a female ringmaster, or a burlesque girl/saloon girl...of course I could be all of them. Just change from party to party :)

I am working 7 days this week, so no Halloween celebrations for me :sad:

Maybe I'll finally be able to get cable turned back on next week though :rotfl:

I was one of those little kids who was afraid of Halloween (and who's parents made her participate anyway) so I'm not a huge fan now either. :(

We do hand out candy, and I've gone to parties in the past, but the party thing hasn't been for years. I've even been responsible for a few wicked parties for Halloween myself! :teeth: But again, in the past.

We have a strong tendency to stay very private now. Have done so ever since moving to FL. :confused3

This year ... I'm thinking more ... :scratchin tricks!

We already did the party thing...daughter turned 13, so we had a Halloween sleepover...I should be SHOT for even considering it!! LOL! It turned out great. We had a CRIME SCENE on our porch, with yellow tape, a chalk drawing of a body, a scary gooblin on the door that everytime someone walked up, it shook and it's eyes glowed!! The inside was ALL decked out, lights, candles, scary creatures, a caulron in the kitchen that misted, scary music and TONS of pizza and munchies!!!

I'll be solo on Halloween though...Christy is working, my daughter will be at a school thing so our mini Schnauzer will dress up as the great pumpkin and I'll be a bunny. Can't wait to hand out candy to the kiddies, I LOVE this stuff!!1:cheer2:

Maybe I'll finally be able to get cable turned back on next week though :rotfl:

Do you have heat?

I have cable, perhaps we can work something out! :thumbsup2

Someone :rolleyes1 decided we needed a fancy new digital thermostat, and by golly we got ice cold air, but no heat! :eek:

Do you have heat?

I have cable, perhaps we can work something out! :thumbsup2

Someone :rolleyes1 decided we needed a fancy new digital thermostat, and by golly we got ice cold air, but no heat! :eek:

Your such a baby - how did you survive in New England? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter