What are your "must-do" table services (not buffet or AYCTE)

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
Getting ready to make our dining reservations for August and looking to try some new places. My kids are 8 and 11 and not too picky. Not looking for character meals or buffets. Can be at a park, at DS or at a resort.

Right now our only "must do" sit down each trip is Sanaa.

Thanks in advance!

AK - Yak & Yeti for the Lo Mein (I ask for a window table and people watch)
MK - Liberty Tree Tavern for the ooey gooey cake, or Plaza for a club sandwich
HS - Sci-Fi diner for the experience, although not a social meal as you sit in rows rather than round a table
EP - Via Napoli for metro pizza to share, Monsieur Paul for the beef (another request for window table)
DS - The Boathouse (never had a bad meal there)

Resorts:

Narcoosee's at GF, we love everything about it: food, location, view (another window table request)
Olivia's at OKW, very relaxed place, we sit outside and watch the DS boats come and go
The Wave at CR, the buffet breakfast is enjoyable but without the characters. An easy walk to MK afterwards.

I am sure you will have recommendations for EVERY place in Disney so good luck in narrowing it down :D

Via Napoli - Great with kids and the pizza is great.
Le Cellier - Wife is obsessed with the mushroom risotto
The Wave - Just started going here our last few trips, never had a bad meal.

Here's another vote for The Wave! Also have to do Homecomin' in Disney Springs each visit - my kids love the fried chicken and my hubby and I love the moonshine flights :)

My kids top choices are always Homecomin, California Grill, and Sci Fi. They also enjoyed Biergarten, but I know you said no buffets.

HS - 50s Primetime, always fun
AK - Yak and Yeti, great atmosphere
MK - Plaza, great milk shakes
Epcot - Teppan Edo, everyone likes it
DS - Boathouse and Homecoming, equally great food

MK - LTT lunch, Tony’s dinner, and BOG dinner.
Epcot - Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Chefs, and Tutto Italia.
DHS - HBD and 50’s PTC.
AK - Rainforest Cafe.
Resorts - WCC breakfast.

LTT is our only must-do MK place, but you said no AYCTE locations, so I guess that's out!
DHS, we love Sci-Fi, so we almost always do that one.
AK - Tusker House!
Epcot - Teppan Edo is very good! Le Cellier is also a must-do for us, but specifically for the cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread!
Boma at AKL is one we went to for the first time last trip and it's now on our list, but again, it's a buffet.

Topolino's Terrace has been amazing both times I've gone. I also very much enjoy California Grill.

While I have eaten at CG numerous times, my next trip I want to try to get the brunch. Topolinos is also on my list for September. Im staying at BWVs so I figure we will walk over to the Skyliner and take it to RIV. Looking forward to trying it.

OP, we enjoy Boathouse and Wine Bar George.

Topolino's Terrace has been amazing both times I've gone. I also very much enjoy California Grill.

While I have eaten at CG numerous times, my next trip I want to try to get the brunch. Topolinos is also on my list for September. Im staying at BWVs so I figure we will walk over to the Skyliner and take it to RIV. Looking forward to trying it.

OP, we enjoy Boathouse and Wine Bar George.

Getting ready to make our dining reservations for August and looking to try some new places. My kids are 8 and 11 and not too picky. Not looking for character meals or buffets. Can be at a park, at DS or at a resort.

Right now our only "must do" sit down each trip is Sanaa.

Thanks in advance!

My one must-do is Sci Fi. Food is "eh" but I really love the vibe there.

We also like Coral Reef, but only if we get to sit right next to the tank.

It's great that your kids aren't picky. I would continue to nudge them to explore their palates. It's been a while since we've been to WDW, but I feel like DS has a lot of restaurants that might be fit the bill - maybe Morimoto? Or maybe some of the World Showcase restaurants...Morocco may have flavor combinations that are not typical in our cultural norm.

So many restaurants, so little time.

Breakfast: Kona, the wave, whispering canyon
Lunch/dinner: liberty tree tavern, skippers canteen, 50s prime time; sci fi, Le Cellier, rose and crown, chefs de France, via Napoli, whispering canyon, California grill, yachtsman

The best meal I have ever had at Disney was at Chefs de France. The Lobster Bisque is to die for. We also love Via Napoli and Teppan Edo.
Animal Kingdom only offers Tiffins and Yak and Yeti. Both are good depending how much you want to spend. We usually do Yak and Yeti just for the fried wonton dessert.
Hollywood Studios is always a tough one. My family will say 50's Prime Time----I really like Mama Melrose's---the tomatoes and mozzarella appetizer and Shrimp Campanelle is my favorite.
Magic Kingdom---we did the Jungle Navigation Skippers Canteen on our last trip---was not impressed. We usually end up at the Plaza for loaded fries or head over to the Poly---Kona has some good choices. Ohana is hit or miss these days.

Outside of the parks we love Ragland Road and one of my faves is Boatwrights at Riverside.

Raglan Road and Tiffins. The only ADRs I've made two trips in a row now (aside from BOG lunch, but that's QS).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter