• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Had three bananas that were ripe but not totally gone yet. Found a bunch of banana recipes (the Old-Fashioned Banana Cake looked good), but I was missing ingredients and I didn't want to make a trip to the store. Checked the pantry and found a partial box of Vanilla Wafers and a box of vanilla pudding to cook. Voile!! Banana pudding with whipped cream instead of meringue. Delicious and easy.

Didn't bake anything today and probably won't for awhile because the family started a weight loss challenge today!! Boy I need it as I have just been baking and eating too much!! But, over the weekend as a last hurrah I baked a from scratch Wellesley (as in the college) Fudge Cake. OMG...it was so good.

Interesting history is that the college had a ban on sweets at one time so the students made cakes in secret and one of their most famous is the Fudge Cake.

The frosting could literally be used as fudge!

MJ

We'd gotten the recipe from Magnolia Cupcakes in New York City for their famous banana pudding (compliments of DS, who's a restaurant server in Manhattan). Delicious!

Banana nut bread. I used Joanna Gaines' recipe, but felt it needed spices. So I added 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon, ground cloves, and allspice. It is so good.

Not today, but recently two young daughters and I tried a sourdough starter for the first time. We made our own starter and fed it for more than a week. I felt bad with all the discard so I eventually had 6 starters going at once. On baking day we made 6 sourdough rounds. They were delicious!

I still have a ton of discard so we also have made 3 pizzas and also sourdough crackers. It’s been a fun time!

Ultimate Banana Bread. The recipe calls for 4-5 bananas, so it was a good fit in time of need. (I had a bunch of ripe bananas that turned black overnight.) I added nuts, increased the spices, and used KA's Fior di Sicilia. Looks good and smells great! DH will be pleased to wake up to a nice breakfast treat.
ETA: DH gave it two thumbs up -- said it is very moist -- as it should be with 5 bananas in it!

Last edited:
2 trays of cinnamon buns using tangzhong dough. Made them all ready last night before bed then did the second prove this morning at 6am. One tray was for the family breakfast, the other was taken to our primary school for the teachers.

A loaf of garlic and herb no knead wheat bread, and a milk chocolate cake with whipped vanilla frosting. DH was waiting, knife in hand, for the bread to cool, lol.

How many bananas did you use? I used 5, and the loaf is super, super moist! Tastes great toasted with cream cheese. :)

So, I had four medium bananas and halved the recipe (I also have a smaller pan). I find bananas here (France) to often be smaller than in the US and mine totalled a little less than 265g (for half the recipe, it calls for 255g). With the extra little bit, I took a trick from a different recipe and very finely sliced it and folded the slices in at the end.

DS9 and I made snickerdoodles from scratch yesterday. I roll the balls and he rolls them in the cinnamon sugar mix.

I made chocolate chip cookies last night from scratch and they are gone lol.

I made Grands flaky biscuits today and had a choice of jam,butter,etc.

The next couple of days are my last indulgence days, because things are starting to open up and I think pretty soon I’ll be going back to work and I have become like one of the characters on the ship in Wall-E

Not baked exactly, but I made cherry pie with chocolate graham cracker crust yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter