What do you wish you could tell someone?

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
It can be happy, sad, truth they don’t want to hear, anything..

I’ll go first

Hi. You don’t know me, but I’m your ex boyfriends ex wife. Apparently you’re thinking of getting back together with him. One word, DON’T. Seriously, you dodged a bullet.

You know his daughter that he talked about all the time and invited to hang out with you guys a lot? Since you dumped him, he hasn’t talked to her. She was a prop. Also, he’s a deadbeat. You’re better off without him.

Man, I wish I could pm this to her on Facebook but I know I shouldn’t get involved.

It can be happy, sad, truth they don’t want to hear, anything..

I’ll go first

Hi. You don’t know me, but I’m your ex boyfriends ex wife. Apparently you’re thinking of getting back together with him. One word, DON’T. Seriously, you dodged a bullet.

You know his daughter that he talked about all the time and invited to hang out with you guys a lot? Since you dumped him, he hasn’t talked to her. She was a prop. Also, he’s a deadbeat. You’re better off without him.

Man, I wish I could pm this to her on Facebook but I know I shouldn’t get involved.

Sorry your daughter has to deal with that.

This is to a person I work with.

You’re a nice person and you mean well, but you’re obnoxious and unprofessional in every way. Talking about wine and your own children at a parent meeting... probably not the best idea. Swearing and scream-laughing at things that aren’t funny won’t gain you respect in a work setting. Calling kids babyish nicknames even after they ask you not to doesn’t make you fun and relatable, it makes you mean.

This is to a person I work with.

You’re a nice person and you mean well, but you’re obnoxious and unprofessional in every way. Talking about wine and your own children at a parent meeting... probably not the best idea. Swearing and scream-laughing at things that aren’t funny won’t gain you respect in a work setting. Calling kids babyish nicknames even after they ask you not to doesn’t make you fun and relatable, it makes you mean.

Is she an educator? What grades?

Things I hate:

1. I hate the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Didn't expect to hate it, but I did the first moment I got there. Gave me bad feelings the whole time I was there. I also dislike the Wilderness Lodge but have never even been there. I love or at least appreciate all the other WDW hotels.

2. I hated the Disney Dream. Didn't expect to, but I found out that being stuck on a boat was not my thing. That was the first and last time I ever went on a cruise.

Note that my dislikes are not founded on reason. It's totally personal. For example, it's not Disney Dream's fault that I felt trapped there. The ship was huge and beautiful. We had good weather, the staff was nice and nothing bad happened. I just did not enjoy it, and I was so happy when we came back to WDW.

I can see your eyes glaze over when I mention his name.

You're not changing the subject as soon as I finish what I am saying about him because you care and don't want me to get upset. You are changing the subject to make yourself comfortable.

When you call to check on me I can hear the distraction/boredom in your voice as soon as I mention his name.

By doing all of these you are telling me that your comfort trumps my pain, my loss, my need to share my memories of my son. You are telling me that my son didn't matter and that you are not the friend/family I thought you were ,so stop pretending to care when you say " I'm here for you".

Unfortunately I've been wanting to say all of this to quite a few people over the last 9 months. I probably shouldn't say this here but it does make me feel better to finally get it out somewhere.

Things I hate:

1. I hate the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Didn't expect to hate it, but I did the first moment I got there. Gave me bad feelings the whole time I was there. I also dislike the Wilderness Lodge but have never even been there. I love or at least appreciate all the other WDW hotels.

2. I hated the Disney Dream. Didn't expect to, but I found out that being stuck on a boat was not my thing. That was the first and last time I ever went on a cruise.

Note that my dislikes are not founded on reason. It's totally personal. For example, it's not Disney Dream's fault that I felt trapped there. The ship was huge and beautiful. We had good weather, the staff was nice and nothing bad happened. I just did not enjoy it, and I was so happy when we came back to WDW.
Did you reply to the wrong thread because this doesn’t even apply to the original question at all?

You're not changing the subject as soon as I finish what I am saying about him because you care and don't want me to get upset. You are changing the subject to make yourself comfortable.

When you call to check on me I can hear the distraction/boredom in your voice as soon as I mention his name.

By doing all of these you are telling me that your comfort trumps my pain, my loss, my need to share my memories of my son. You are telling me that my son didn't matter and that you are not the friend/family I thought you were ,so stop pretending to care when you say " I'm here for you".

Unfortunately I've been wanting to say all of this to quite a few people over the last 9 months. I probably shouldn't say this here but it does make me feel better to finally get it out somewhere.

I'm sorry for your loss (huge apologies if I'm making incorrect assumptions). Not the same as being able to share with people who knew your son, but please feel free to start a thread if you think that would help. There is a thread ongoing right now by a DISer whose husband just died and she certainly seems to be getting a lot of benefit from it.

I’m so very sorry for your loss and pain. I can’t imagine.

Is she an educator? What grades?

She’s a guidance counselor. She’s my “trigger person,” as another coworker put it. Just so immature and unprofessional, it shocks me that she has this job. She’s in her mid 30s, and I think she acts this way to seem young and fun, but she comes across as an idiot. We had a very serious, important meeting last week, and when our team sat down with the mother she said, “Ok, let’s talk about Chessy LooLee!!!” The girl’s name is Francesca.
She does things like that all the time. She’ll yell nicknames to kids down the hallway. I heard her scream to a 5th grade boy that she works with, “HI Timmy Tiny Boo Boo!!” He turned around and said politely but firmly, “I’ve asked you not to call me that.” She still calls him that.

She’s a guidance counselor. She’s my “trigger person,” as another coworker put it. Just so immature and unprofessional, it shocks me that she has this job. She’s in her mid 30s, and I think she acts this way to seem young and fun, but she comes across as an idiot. We had a very serious, important meeting last week, and when our team sat down with the mother she said, “Ok, let’s talk about Chessy LooLee!!!” The girl’s name is Francesca.
She does things like that all the time. She’ll yell nicknames to kids down the hallway. I heard her scream to a 5th grade boy that she works with, “HI Timmy Tiny Boo Boo!!” He turned around and said politely but firmly, “I’ve asked you not to call me that.” She still calls him that.

Yikes! Sounds like she's in need of some guidance. Does the principal know how she speaks to students?

I join the others here in offering sincere condolences - it's plain you are grieving very deeply. :hug: I would gently suggest that those people in your life who are still present and regularly checking on you absolutely DO care for you; they've just reached an awkward stage where what they have to offer is no longer comforting or useful to you where you're at.

Please consider looking for comfort and support amongst others who truly understand your feelings. Organizations like GriefShare https://www.griefshare.org/about are specifically for bereaved parents and can be an absolute lifeline to those drowning in pain that none of us can really comprehend when we haven't experienced the same kind of loss. @SirDuff 's suggestion about opening up here may also help - there's no lack of patient, compassionate listeners on the CB. I wish you well. :flower3:

Last edited:

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your pain. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug:

I am a school counselor, that would not be tolerated at all where I work. Those sorts of things aren't tolerated for teachers either. The only nicknames I use are the ones the kids tell me to use, like Jake instead of Jacob type things.

When I was working I always wished I could tell all the wives of the guys there that they cheat on them! At some of the bbq's at co-workers houses their wives would be sitting there saying how they and their husband are best friends and do everything together etc- and in my head I am thinking "well I know a couple of things the two of you are NOT doing together " but I am not going to be the one to tell them, maybe if I was good friends I would but I am friends with most of the husbands (and no I never cheated with any of them!) so I just sit there and smile and nod as the clueless women go on and on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter