What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

I was driving out of the Hertz lot in about 15 mins. Seems much easier than the Aisle worrying about what cars are available.

safetymom,

I prefer having the rental cars on site (National). Hertz you have to wait for the bus to take you there. Then you have to allow extra time in returning your Hertz rental to the off site location, then being bussed to the airport.On site (National) is much easier, and I have done both:rolleyes:
Also have never had a problem getting a car in the Aisle in all our trips to MCO.

I was just posting my experiences like you posted yours. I also have done both. I have never waited to take the bus to the Hertz lot. It just seems much easier with Hertz knowing all I have to do is walk to my car and not worry about the selection.

Different strokes for different folks. Some like it just being there and set. Some of us (like me) like the idea of shopping for a car. I feel like it is Christmas morning and I get to pick my present. That's why Disney works as a vacation for so many...there is something for everyone.

I just had to chime in that I agree with Jen80370 in that I LOVE the idea of getting to the Asile and picking what I want and if there's nothing good, then I can just walk only a couple of feet to the Full Asile and get one of those. It's great having the power to pick what I want. It's also VERY quick. I've gotten to the National area, picked a car, and then gotten to the gate in less than 10 minutes!

I would NEVER want to be shuttled to my car (unless I'm missing something); I wouldn't want to travel some more (on the shuttle) with my 2 little DD's and all of our luggage just for a car.

Of course, to each his own. This is just what I prefer. Maybe if I didn't have kids and I had a REALLY good deal, I'd shuttle.

I'm still hoping someday to luck out on the Asile and get something interesting like a PT Cruiser, a SUV, or mini van for my Full size price!!! My 6 year old wants a convertable!

I also hope the prices come down!! There pretty bad this year!:(

safetymom,

As you can see from the posts of beattyfamily and Jen80370, It is pretty clear which is easier to do at MCO, on-site (National) is faster and easier than (Hertz), especially if you have carry-on luggage. You can be in your car and driving away with in 10 minutes from getting off the plane. Why someone would want to be shuttled away is beyond me :confused: . Also, you mentioned about worrying "about selection", what is to worry about?? All the cars have the keys in them, you pick any of them there, and get in and drive off . Bottom line it is much easier returning your car also directly to MCO. But to "each his own".:rolleyes:

Well while some are shopping on the Emerald Aisle I am driving away in my car. Yes I was shuttle to the lot but almost always I receive a better car than I reserved. I had children when I used the Aisle and didn't find it all that convenient.

I don't think either National or Hertz is going to go away at MCO so we have choices. What works for me might not work for you. I am happy and you are happy. Isn't that what this board is great for, to share our experiences so others have information when they need to make a decision?

Just picked up a car on 7/5 and returned 7/14. I went for the Dodge Intrepid, big back seat with a big trunk. I originally picked an Izsu (sp) Trooper but the guy in the booth said he would let me keep it if they had more. (I had reserved an intermediate) I remember last year I was able to do this upgrade for free.

anyway, the others cars in the EA were in the same class as the Mitsubishi Galant.

The Intrepid seemed to be the biggest size in the Intermediate EA.

Just a note, I traveled recently for business and had to use Hertz. Driving to a outside lot is such an inconvience compared to the EA. I loved just walking across the street and jumping in a car.

I thought part of the EA service was that you could take any car from the Emerald Aisle, as long as you had reserved an intermediate for EA service?????? Isn't that part of the fun? Seeing if you can snag a cool car? Now I'm confused.

You can take any car on the EA if you have an EA reservation with intermediate or full size. But there's no guarantee that there will be anything bigger than an intermediate. That's why it's a good idea to make the reservation as full size, that way you can go to the full size aisle and pick there instead if there's nothing on the EA you like. If you book intermediate, you can only go to the intermediate aisle if there's nothing you like on the EA. Full Size usually comes up the same price as intermediate when you book through Emerald Club. Your reservation will say full size OR your choice from the Emerald Aisle.

I've never spent more than 10 or 15 minutes from entering the garage, picking a car, checking out and on the road to WDW. There's usually one that catches my eye, I glance around for anything better and then we load the luggage. There's usually no more than 2 cars ahead of us at the checkout.

I think I drifted too far and I was in the AWD/4 wheel drive aisle. I booked an intermediate and I was told I needed to pick from the intermediate aisle.

I just remember last year doing the same thing and getting an AWD vechile and paying an intermediate price. Last week, the guy in the booth did give me the impression that he would of let me keep the Trooper if he had more. I guess that's only fair to the people that booked AWD's.

Last Monday we got a Dodge Stratus. We were able to fit our 2 suitcases (we have 30") in trunk, along with assorted carry on backpacks and the laptop. The car had 885 miles on it!! As far as a rental car goes, it was very nice.
There wasn't anything spectacular on the Aisle.

Anyone back recently? I read a few people stating dodge intrepid cars? I didn't think National had dodge only gm? Thanks, :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter