What is still hard to find?

Still no TP or paper towels right around me. Target is still bare or very low stocks of pretty much anything that is ready to eat or quick to prepare - bread, snack cakes, ice cream, pasta and pasta sauce, soup, lunchmeat, and anything in the popping container (cinnamon rolls, crescent rolls, biscuits).

Still no TP or paper towels right around me. Target is still bare or very low stocks of pretty much anything that is ready to eat or quick to prepare - bread, snack cakes, ice cream, pasta and pasta sauce, soup, lunchmeat, and anything in the popping container (cinnamon rolls, crescent rolls, biscuits).

You try going in the morning? They usually put all the toilet paper and paper towels out that they have in the morning. Than when they are gone no more until the next day. I don’t go to target but talking about other places. Nothing against target just none around me.

You can thank all the people who just had to come out and hoard it all, like toilet paper is going to cure you of corona.

yep Costco has reported that they sold 9 months of toilet paper in two weeks time. What they usually sell in 9 months only took 2 weeks at the top of the toilet paper hoarding.

I have had a hard time finding hand soap.

Of course, hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes/ cleaning products.

Yeast is almost non-existent.

We are still having issues with extremely limited supplies of bread products, which doesn’t make much sense. There is only so much bread people can hoard! This morning I got some beef patties to make hamburgers, but there were no buns to be found. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Still TP here. The other morning, someone posted a photo from our Costco of 4-5 pallets that were stacked to the top with TP. There's a limit of 1 pack per customer. By that evening, someone else posted a photo of 1 pallet that had 5-6 packs left and that was it.

POPCORN. My mother has been doing our shopping (we all live together) and she can't get popcorn. Not just my kind - I prefer Pop Secret butter-flavor 100 calorie mini bags - but ALL popcorn. The shelves are bare.

PASTA. The pasta shelves are bare as well, except for things like lasagna noodles and the wheat/veggie/"protein" kinds. Canned pasta is out as well. I can't get my son's favorite Spongebob Squarepants or Paw Patrol Chef-Boyardee.

And MEAT. All kinds. Except anything unusual. Plain old chicken breast, chicken thighs, pork chops, ground beef, steaks, roasts...if you're lucky to find something, you grab it, whatever it is/whatever size it is.

I can't yeast anywhere! And of course hand sanitizer. What about you?

No hand sanitizer anywhere around here. Both Aldi's and Walmart had yeast on Saturday Can't find clorox, lysol spray, disinfecting wipes, etc in either store though.

Walmart and Aldi's both had plenty of toilet paper, paper towels, soups, pasta, lunchmeat, popping containers of rolls, biscuits etc, tons of bread and snack cakes. Ice cream was in very short supply in Walmart. Usually their brand is a full case, there were 2 containers of birthday cake flavor. All they had a lot of was Breyers. French fries, actually anything frozen potato wise was gone, most frozen chicken was gone, no frozen chinese, and not a lot of 'tv dinners' in Walmart either.

Still TP here. The other morning, someone posted a photo from our Costco of 4-5 pallets that were stacked to the top with TP. There's a limit of 1 pack per customer. By that evening, someone else posted a photo of 1 pallet that had 5-6 packs left and that was it.
No shortage of TP here

POPCORN. My mother has been doing our shopping (we all live together) and she can't get popcorn. Not just my kind - I prefer Pop Secret butter-flavor 100 calorie mini bags - but ALL popcorn. The shelves are bare.
Walmart had plenty of popcorn Saturday, didn't look for it at Aldi's

PASTA. The pasta shelves are bare as well, except for things like lasagna noodles and the wheat/veggie/"protein" kinds. Canned pasta is out as well. I can't get my son's favorite Spongebob Squarepants or Paw Patrol Chef-Boyardee.
Pasta shelf was full, plenty of pasta and sauce. No pizza sauce though. Things like Chef Boy Ar Dee were low in supply

And MEAT. All kinds. Except anything unusual. Plain old chicken breast, chicken thighs, pork chops, ground beef, steaks, roasts...if you're lucky to find something, you grab it, whatever it is/whatever size it is.

At our Aldi's and Walmart had fully stocked meat depts on Saturday. Only thing missing in Aldi's meat dept was chicken wings, my favorite! There is a 2 pkg of each kind of meat limit in Aldi's, no limits on meat in our Walmart. But another Walmart not too far from here, was limiting it to 1 pkg of chicken, 1 of beef, and 1 of pork Saturday. They were also limiting the amount of people allowed at one time to 250. Our store was counting people, but the capacity for the store is 1115 and girl said the most they have had at any given time was 400 people

I agree with the yeast, I've only found the little packets available for delivery. I also have trouble getting eggs, milk, bread, spinach, flour, sugar, and canned corn and pineapple. But pretty much everything is out of stock occasionally.

Paper products and cleaning products are virtually impossible to have delivered because people are apparently hoarding them and it's very frustrating to me. I can't even get first aid supplies like alcohol or peroxide. One tip about the cleaning supplies: if you can't find lysol wipes or all-purpose cleaning sprays anywhere, consider looking at products meant to clean up urine. Many are basically just peroxide with some fragrances added and are actually found on the CDC list of approved cleaning products that will kill coronavirus. One benefit of peroxide vs. the other popular cleaning products like lysol wipes and bleach spray is that peroxide kills the virus much faster and only has to be left to air dry for 5 minutes, while I believe lysol and bleach both have to be left on the surface for 10 minutes.

Toilet paper and paper towels are available here but limited. You have to get them first thing or they’re gone.

Hand sanitizer and Lysol/Clorox is nowhere to be found in stores.

However, Sam’s Club online is restocking the 5 pack of Clorox wipes if you’re a member or have somebody who will order for you. I was able to get one for me and one for my parents.

It’s way more expensive than being able to go to target and pick up a container of purell, but...

Bath and Body works is restocking their mini 5-packs on a daily basis. I’d recommend picking up some soap to make the shipping cost a bit easier to swallow. I think they all smell awful lol but better than nothing.

Chi (the company that makes straighteners and hair products) is now making hand sanitizer. You can buy it on the Chi website (there’s several different sub brand all at different prices 🙄 I think the Biosilk is cheapest but still not cheap)

Orly nail polish is also making hand sanitizer, I think they have a 4-pack of 2oz sprays for the low price of $24 lol. They also have a 16oz refill bottle for $25 if you have your own spray bottles.

King’s county distillery in NY is also making hand sanitizer and they’re using a pay what you can afford model. You can pay from $1 which covers the cap, bottle, and corn up to $20 which covers the cost of the product + lost revenue

Most places now making hand sanitizer are quite expensive. But if you need some and are willing to pay for more niche/luxury brands there are online options!

Things I haven't been able to get include toilet paper, hand sanitizer, Clorox Wipes, powdered milk, spam (we like spam), eggs (although I can get them sometimes), paper towels, napkins, and flour occasionally. This is all through on-line ordering; we are complying with our state's stay-at-home order and don't physically go into stores.

I've heard it's hard to get yeast, but I buy that in bulk normally and had a couple of pounds on hand before this whole thing started.

I don't think any of this is due to hoarding in my area; I think it's disruption in the supply chain and some of the items being diverted to health care. Buying of everything in my area grocery stores is limited to 2 per person.

Besides most of the things mentioned here already, I've had a hard time getting marshmallows. I want to make a turkey breast and I want to make mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows - and I can't find any!

Also having a hard time finding frozen peas. I use them in a lot of recipes - beef stew, Manhattan clam chowder, etc. - and I can't even find the crazy expensive brands.

Rice has been hard to find too. So has flour.

I don't even look for paper goods anymore. Luckily, I had a decent amount before this started, so we're just being careful with what we have. My dad used to use paper towels as napkins, so I actually bought some paper napkins - which were easy to find - so that is saving us a lot of paper towels.

Hydrogen Peroxide. I had a minor (but necessary) medical procedure last week, which required flushing an incision with Hydrogen Peroxide once per day for 4 days (and it feels about as good as that sounds). I called 15 local pharmacies, and none of them had any. Luckily my parents had a sealed bottle (it only lasts about 30 to 60 days once opened), so I've been using that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter