What is the best DISNEY resort for 4 light sleepers?

We had a quick trip a few years ago before going on a cruise, and stayed at the All-Star music. The room they put us in was on the far side of country fair. Now this was a long way from the main building and transportation, but the room was incredibly quiet. It overlooks a wetlands area and it wasn’t close to the parking areas. The outside doors do you mean that you could hear more noise from people passing by, but that area of the resort didn’t have many people walking by because it was at the far end. Two rooms there would give you four beds, and they do have connecting rooms.
My only stay at All Star Music, in a room farthest from the main building--I don't remember the name of the area--was the noisiest stay I've ever had at a WDW resort. Five sleepless nights, with noise from the room next door as well as the hallway outside the door. Nowhere else I've ever stayed at WDW has come close to this amount of noise. And I'm not talking about the noise from the turbo-flush toilets. I'm referring to hearing every single conversation and, ahem, activity of the couple and their baby next door, and the rolling suitcases and conversations of people going by the room. The walls were paper-thin and the door was apparently paperback-book thin.

OP, I would not stay at a Value resort if you want quiet. Also, even if you stay deluxe, if you stay in a standard room, you could be in a room facing the loading dock and hear trucks backing up very early in the morning.

I'm very sorry that AKL got rid of the in-room carpeting. I realize many people disagree with me, but this is my opinion based on having stayed there in December in a renovated room. I have never in many stays at AKL experienced noise from the people above, but we heard lots of it this time. Not in the keeping-my-awake category but in the this-is-very-annoying category. For one thing, people apparently don't remove their shoes when they're in their room. However, AKL is still a relatively quiet resort.

I've also had several very quiet stays at SSR, but I believe they took out the carpeting during the renovations? So this may no longer be the case. I hope I'm wrong.

As for the Ft. Wilderness cabins, yes, you would have your own building, but you'd also have proximity to people camping. I have no idea how loud that might be or how well the cabins are soundproofed. I'd check into this before assuming the cabins are quiet.

I've never stayed in them but why not try the cabins at Fort Wilderness. They are all stand alone buildings and there are 4 beds (one is a pullout, but also, one is a double). This would be less expensive than the deluxes.
Good idea - I’ll look into that!

As for the Ft. Wilderness cabins, yes, you would have your own building, but you'd also have proximity to people camping. I have no idea how loud that might be or how well the cabins are soundproofed. I'd check into this before assuming the cabins are quiet.

The FW cabins are not on the same loops with the people who are tent or RV camping. They’re spaced relatively far apart from each other. It’s possible you could have really noisy neighbors outside of their cabin but they’re not going to be right next-door to you.

The bedding situation in the cabins is one double bed in the master bedroom plus a set of bunkbeds. In the living room there’s a pulldown Murphy bed. I find that the Disney Murphy beds are pretty comfortable. Where did the bunkbeds are comfortable or not I would guess depends on the size of the adults in your party. Very tall people might not feel very comfortable in them.

Cabins at Fort Wilderness are probably your best bet.

My quietest resort stay at Disney was, hands down, a garden view room in building 2 at Port Orleans French Quarter, on the top floor. Very small resort, so less people moving around, and garden view of that building meant we "overlooked" a relatively unused court yard.

I stayed at the swan in Jan and again in Feb. It was fantastic, I am a very light sleeper and I had no complaints.
I had booked through priceline express for less than $200 per night. Although given the current state of affairs I would only recommend booking a cancelable reservation and not do a priceline express deal.

Like BCV, the dedicated 2BR’s at VWL (er, BRV) will have 2 Queens and 1 King. And, it’s just downright a peaceful place to be.

I would say the cabins at Fort Wilderness. I’ve stayed there multiple times and it’s always quiet. There is enough room for everyone, but you would have a pull out bed. I would request either loop 2300 or 2500 as they are the smallest out of all of the cabin loops so they will have the least amount of people/cabins in them. It also is a good way to go price wise.

I stayed at port orleans in those little motel like buildings on the circle road, never again worst place I ever stayed anywhere near disney even. Everytime a toilet would flush anywhere in the building you could hear the WHOOSH!

About a year ago I stayed a few nights at Pop Century, that was much better than PO, but not really that great.

There are quiet locations at all resorts. Just request you want a quiet location in your reservation. I’ve stayed at all resort levels. And mostly it depends on if you have good neighbours or the neighbours from hell family.
We‘ve been in a resort with the wood floors and never heard a peep from people above. Again, it depends on how considerate people are.

You definitely have to price it out for your dates, and after discounts come out which can make a huge difference, but I find it is often the case that 2 rooms are cheaper than a 2-bedroom villa

I've stayed at most hotels at this point. If you want quiet, first off I'd suggest going Deluxe. Secondly among the deluxe, I'd choose AKL as the quietest and most relaxing.

What about two rooms at the Swan or Dolphin? Our stays there are usually quiet. Loudest we’ve ever had was one time at the Boardwalk Inn; I had to call security twice due to the room next to us! Super, super loud family very late at night. Ugh.

The FW cabins are not on the same loops with the people who are tent or RV camping. They’re spaced relatively far apart from each other. It’s possible you could have really noisy neighbors outside of their cabin but they’re not going to be right next-door to you.
That's good to know, @SamFaniam. I didn't realize that. Thank you for posting!

The bedding situation in the cabins is one double bed in the master bedroom plus a set of bunkbeds. In the living room there’s a pulldown Murphy bed. I find that the Disney Murphy beds are pretty comfortable. Where did the bunkbeds are comfortable or not I would guess depends on the size of the adults in your party. Very tall people might not feel very comfortable in them.
My friend stayed in the cabins and had awful neighbours who let their kids run wild and were running and screaming onto their space too at all hours of the night.

or earplugs... that’s what I do

Yes earplugs. Admittingly, I am hyper sensitive to noise. I don't expect quiet because I am at Disney with thousands of excited folks and hard working staff. No matter where I have stayed at Disney my morning is greated with other guests talking and shuffling about, shared walls where you hear plumbing and footsteps above, housekeeping in action, laundry carts being ferried about, landscaping noise from grass cutting and leaf blowers. Cheapest investment is EARPLUGS and to plan to be up early. Then you can be one of those excited guest shuffling about!

If you do choose a cabin at the Fort ask for one that abuts the woods, not another loop or road. The pull down Murphy beds are gone and are now a pull out sofa as your 2nd sleeping space. It is comfortable, as is the queen in the main sleeping area. The noise level (everywhere) is highly reliant on respectful neighbors.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter