Cesar salad
Garlic bread

Thursday:
Rice
Lentil stew
Fried beef
Avocado slices

Friday:
I make extra of some dishes and I freeze it.
Friday is a buffet of leftovers.

Sat and Sun:
I meal plan Friday night so I don’t know yet

What's hotdish?

Scratch the quiche for tonight; the crust I was planning on using has been in the freezer too long. Yes, I was cheating and using frozen crust. I make killer pie crust but my goal right now is to "eat the freezer." Too much stuff in there, and think of the money I'll save (hahaha, $2.39 for chard, $2.49 for ham, $2.29 for leeks to use up a frozen crust, 6 eggs, some milk, and odds and ends of cheese). I don't want to mess up the kitchen making crust as I haven't finished prepping for tomorrow's lecture. Oh well, leftover pork tonight, quiche tomorrow!
Nothing wrong with a crust-less quiche;). I make one whenever DGD is away for the night as I try to limit carbs in my life. DGD is fine w/ carbs but is still not a cheese lover.

Sunday: homemade wedding soup, buffalo chicken quesadillas, plate of raw veggies—peppers, cucumbers, baby carrots and sugar snap peas

Monday: baked Mediterranean salmon, roasted potatoes, salad

Tuesday: tacos, rice, beans, corn

Wednesday: eggs and sweet Italian sausage, biscuits/rolls and probably some type of fruit

Thursday: baked flounder, mac and cheese, plate of raw veggies

I haven’t planned anything for Friday and Saturday. My 2 daughters that are still at home will likely have plans. If they are home for dinner we might order pizza or have a leftover night or I will make something from the freezer. On Sunday my youngest has a volleyball tournament a few hours away that will last most of the day so we will eat out on our way home.

For anyone looking for quick and easy we tried out the Tyson Air Fried Chicken Breast Filets for our chicken sandwiches tonight. They were fantastic! Usually I pound the chicken out and bread my own but for the convenience and calories (180) I’ll be keeping these on hand.

Tonight at This isn't Burger King, you get it my way I served Chicken Fajitas. Yummy stuff. And no, we didn't buy them. I made them. It's easy as pie and instead of 12 bucks a head, it's about oh $5-7 for the whole shootin match.

Tomorrow it is creamy seafood casserole.

Last night I made a chicken marsala dish. It was the Campbell's skillet marsala sauce, but to stretch it out and hopefully reduce the sodium per serving, I sauteed some baby bellas and shallots, browned diced chicken and added peas to the sauce, then mixed it up with a pound of farfalle. I ate some last night and will be able to eat it at least twice more, then I leave for vacation, so there I am for the week!

How was it? I never get stuff like this because we cooked from scratch for 17 years, and now I'm by myself and I work later, so it's more difficult wanting to cook when I don't have to feed others. I never think to look for shortcuts like this as it can't be anything close to as good as making from scratch with real Marsala wine.

Chicken Marsala is one of my favorite dishes (my way, not so saucy with cream added, but just reduced) and one of the few chicken dishes I enjoy.

As for my dinner menu, I'm really trying to make it salad, salad, salad. Trying not to eat dinner. I usually cook a bunch on weekends and put it in the freezer and eat that for lunch. I figure lunch time is when I'm sweating and working and need food. I don't need near as much fuel after work to chill on the couch for an hour and go to bed.

Problem with cooking on the weekends is the kids. Youngest just got her permit so we were out all weekend driving. I'm rarely home on the weekends to cook.

How was it? I never get stuff like this because we cooked from scratch for 17 years, and now I'm by myself and I work later, so it's more difficult wanting to cook when I don't have to feed others. I never think to look for shortcuts like this as it can't be anything close to as good as making from scratch with real Marsala wine.

Chicken Marsala is one of my favorite dishes (my way, not so saucy with cream added, but just reduced) and one of the few chicken dishes I enjoy.

It's good! The sauce is pretty tasty and actually not that salty, with that nice sweetness that marsala can have. If I do it again, I think I'd not mix the pasta with the sauce because it ends up soaking into the leftovers, so they're not quite as saucy as I'd like. I'm sure it's not as good as from scratch but I'm glad I went with the semi-homemade by adding extra components to it.

I made Broccoli Cheese soup last night. https://sodamndelish.com/20-minute-broccoli-cheese-soup/

I use the frozen Steamers bags of broccoli and buy them when they're on sale for under a dollar, because I hate chopping broccoli. :rotfl: I grated up some baby carrots, and grated up block cheese because it melts better in soup. I also used a tablespoon of Penzey's Fox Pointe seasoning instead of thyme.

ETA: Oops, that isn't actually the recipe I used, but I can't find it online at the moment. lol

My taco pie crust empenadas turned out well. We topped them with queso and salsa. Served with cauliflower Spanish rice. I made the leftover taco meat and cauliflower rice into a casserole topped with cheese for my lunch tomorrow.

Tonight is an old stand-by-Chicken and broccoli stir-fry. I may make cauliflower fried rice to go with it.

I made Broccoli Cheese soup last night. https://sodamndelish.com/20-minute-broccoli-cheese-soup/

I use the frozen Steamers bags of broccoli and buy them when they're on sale for under a dollar, because I hate chopping broccoli. :rotfl: I grated up some baby carrots, and grated up block cheese because it melts better in soup. I also used a tablespoon of Penzey's Fox Pointe seasoning instead of thyme.

ETA: Oops, that isn't actually the recipe I used, but I can't find it online at the moment. lol
I keep giant bags of frozen broccoli and cauliflower for this very reason. I belong to an Instant Pot group on FB and people have talked about just putting the whole head in there for a minute or two. I’ve been wanting to give it a try but I don’t want to decimate my veggies into mush.

Sunday-Grilled tuna fillets, mushroom and herb couscous, artichokes provencal ( artichoke hearts,onion,tomatos, olives and basil)
Monday-spinach and feta frittata, cucumber salad
Tuesday-chicken and snow pea stir fry/rice
Wednesday-grilled steak salads
Thursday-roasted pork loin and cabbage with red pepper relish
Friday-we usually eat out or have 'hunt'-everyone hunts for what they want.
I meal plan and shop on Saturday morning except on dog show weekends-then we eat whats in the freezer for a week.

I keep giant bags of frozen broccoli and cauliflower for this very reason. I belong to an Instant Pot group on FB and people have talked about just putting the whole head in there for a minute or two. I’ve been wanting to give it a try but I don’t want to decimate my veggies into mush.
I found out accidentally the steamer frozen bags are the perfect size florets for soup. I dump them in straight from the bag, still frozen. Works like a charm!

I found out accidentally the steamer frozen bags are the perfect size florets for soup. I dump them in straight from the bag, still frozen. Works like a charm!
I have a really bad habit of overloading the pot with veggies when I make soup. Two of my kids use forks when I make it. 😂 With a family of five, two of them growing teens the steamer bags are too small these days.

OT a funny story about steamer bags. My grandma was staying with us for a visit and watching us make dinner. With about five minutes left I tossed a steamer bag in the microwave. She was so relieved! She told me after dinner she couldn’t believe we were preparing this big dinner with no vegetables! 🤣🤣🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter