• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's on your dinner menu this week?

Turkey burgers, brussel sprouts and rice
Fajhitas - chicken
Veggie beef barley soup
Turkey hash (potatoes and onions and turkey sausage)
Tacos/burritos/nachos - whatever you want with the turkey taco meat lol
Pita Pizzas

I am on weight watchers to lose 20# before my son's wedding this fall so we eat a lot of turkey and chicken :-)

I use the frozen Steamers bags of broccoli and buy them when they're on sale for under a dollar, because I hate chopping broccoli. :rotfl: I grated up some baby carrots, and grated up block cheese because it melts better in soup. I also used a tablespoon of Penzey's Fox Pointe seasoning instead of thyme.

Well I guess you weren't the lady in this song. :rotfl2:

Sorry, couldn't resist. As soon as I read that sentence, my mind went right to Dana Carvey!

Tonight- Shrimp, chicken, and roast pork fried rice w/ broccoli, carrots, and pea pods added so it can be a one pot meal.
Tues- short ribs, matzoh balls and egg noodle soup w/ carrots, peas and spinach as veggies.
Wed- Zuni style roast chicken (so easy!) with veggie style fried rice.
Thur- Ratatouille (straight from the freezer and the last of the batch made over the summer; sniffles) omelet. Green salad.
Friday- Probably a bean soup as usual from the freezer. I like to cook certain dishes in bulk.
Sat- Pasta w/ sausage ragu and a green salad.
D/K about Sunday yet.
Menu change and add on for Sunday.

DGD is good for the roast chicken but wants chicken pot pie as well ( I swear that child is a cannibal hen) so I'll use the leftover roast and straight from the freezer puff pastry and eat the pie on Thursday. Ratatouille omelet can move to Friday, bean soup to Saturday, and now sausage ragu on Sunday.

The only thing I currently have planned is a delicious cauliflower leek soup that I make. That will last me several meals. I'll definitely have cheese, crackers, and salami for a couple meals as well.

Do you have a recipe? I love leeks.

Spinach quiche with fruit
Vegetable and tofu stir fry with pre made egg rolls for Chinese New Year
Hot dogs with homemade coleslaw and roasted broccoli
Onion, spinach and blue cheese orzo
Spanakopita
Homemade pizza

Do you have a recipe? I love leeks.

This is the recipe I use (I didn't write it):

• 2 tbsp olive oil - 239 cal
  • 3 tbsp butter - 305 cal
  • 8 cups vegetable broth - 120 cal
  • 1 head cauliflower - 150 cal
  • 6 leeks - 71 cal (I doubled the leeks)
  • 3 cloves garlic - 12 cal
  • 1 cup heavy cream - 812 cal (eek!)
6 Servings - 287 cal/serving I was able to fill up a little over 6 mason jars with soup.

Put butter and olive oil into a large pot and saute the garlic (diced), chopped cauliflower, and leeks for 10 minutes. Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 45 minutes. If you have an immersion blender, you can blend the soup in the pot and add in the heavy cream (which is optional - it tasted great before I added it).

Well, was it a success?

I have already bombed today on the washing machine thread so 🤞 I am not 2 and 0. :scared:
It was a hit! I tweaked it a bit by seasoning the flour (salt, pepper, Penzeys Roasted Garlic) instead of the chicken and instead of pouring the sauce over the chicken at the end, I put the angel hair pasta in the sauce.

We are having taco bowls tonight. Ground beef, brown rices, black beans, tomato, lettuce, avocado,cheese, sour cream and taco sauce with some crushed tortilla chips on top for crunch.

We are having taco bowls tonight. Ground beef, brown rices, black beans, tomato, lettuce, avocado,cheese, sour cream and taco sauce with some crushed tortilla chips on top for crunch.
Taco salad night for me, whatever Wendy's puts in it, LOL. Off at 5ish, run around, have to meet someone, get home probably around 7, yeah, I don't cook during the week. I never know if I'm going to be home at 3:30 or 9 pm.

spaghetti squash over a bed of organic lettuce picked from my trailer park garden....living in the middle of the worlds winter salad bowl. All of this topped with mushroom and bacon scraps.

for the week of 2/3 to 2/8/2020

Great protein sales at last week's market inspired this week's menu:

Monday: Asian chicken wings, steam rice and veggies
Tuesday: Sesame noodles and Cantonese roast pork.
Wednesday: Roast chicken on bread salad and field greens.
Thursday: Pork chops w/ cherry pepper sauce and spaghetti, Vegetable to be decided by Tuesday's farmers' market.
Friday: RI style clam chowder and Jamaican style johnnie cakes
Saturday: Oxtail stew. Forgot there was a bunch of avocados in the house ripening so it'll be steak and tomatillo guacamole. Everyone else can have roasted potatos w/ their meal.

Last edited:
Tonight: Steak fajitas
Tomorrow: Dinner and a movie out
Wednesday: Baked chicken, cauliflower mash, salad
Thursday: Giant Turkey Meatball Parmesan and broccoli
Friday: Chicken enchilada casserole

Tonight: Leftovers from the weekend
Tuesday--Taquitos
Wednesday--more leftovers or grilled cheese with soup?
Thursday--whatever I score at Costco :D
Friday: Pizza Pizza! :)

I kind of want to go out Saturday night. We'll see how the week goes.

We have a business meeting at 4:30pm tonight in town, so we're eating out after that. The rest of the week, I have no idea, yet. lol

Rotisserie chicken, garden salad
Pulled pork sliders, pesto pasta salad
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts
Rosemary ranch chicken, rice, green beans
Spicy baked shrimp, caprese salad

Rotisserie chicken, garden salad
Pulled pork sliders, pesto pasta salad
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts
Rosemary ranch chicken, rice, green beans
Spicy baked shrimp, caprese salad
Mmmm. I haven't made a meatloaf in forever. It's hard to make it for only two people without having a ton of leftovers. lol

Mmmm. I haven't made a meatloaf in forever. It's hard to make it for only two people without having a ton of leftovers. lol

I make it for 3 only using 1lb of ground beef. We will have leftovers, but not a lot. (typically, it'll be my lunch the next day)

Here's an idea: make it in a tea loaf pan, large muffin pan, or just free form it and place on a foiled half sheet. That's what I do now that we are regularly 2-3 people. I started doing this because every August on the hottest day of the year, the man wants meatloaf. Saves me from heating the whole kitchen and asking him what kind of crazy is he.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter