What's your Disney "Thing?"

I have to chime in and agree:

1. Grey Goose Slushie in Paris! [/SIZE] The best ever on a hot day!

2. Dole Whip! (That's a given)

3. And caramel popcorn from Germany! The best thing I ever spent with my snack credits! It was so awesome! Gotta try it! Just going in and smelling inside is good too!

4. Goofy's Candy Co. Pretty much anything there!

Our rides are Pirates, Splash Mountain and Everest! I can't wait! We are taking another family this time who has never been to WDW! :scared1: I can't wait to take them everywhere! They already think I'm nuts about Disney but who cares! :rotfl:

1. Ohana's for dinner.
2. Stay at Pop
3. Rockin' Roller Coaster
4. Safari at AK
5. Pin trading for the kids (which ultimately drives me to drink!):drinking1:headache:

On the day we go to AK, I make my DH and DM sprint to KS so we don't have to wait on line all day. And getting to see the animals before it gets too crowded helps too. But that was all before DS... who will be 18 months on his first visit, and I don't think he is going to run! :yay:

I always have to ride Pirates of the Caribbean at least once.

Purchase LOTS of candy at the Confectionery on Main Street.

Nightly Main Street Parade.

EPCOT-Eat at the countries.

Purchase LOTS of souvenirs. We spend betweein $1500 and $2000 each trip on souvenirs. I love them!!!

1. Must ride the teacups, it has always been my favorite.
2. Must have a Mickey ice cream.
3. Must get a new charm on Main Street for my pandora (my new must, got my first one in Feb. and love it!)
4. Must ride the monorail.

We have to get a picture of our kids in front of Space Ship Earth. Preferrably in the same spot everytime to see them grow through the years. It was a tradition that my folks started with me when I was younger.

1) Cape May for dinner on arrival day and a Mickey Bar :mickeybar

2) Take the Monorail from the Transportation Centre to Epcot

3) Living with the Land and the American Adventure at Epcot

3) Take the boat shuttle from OKW to DTD. Once we were the only ones on the last boat and I rode in the front and did the "I'm the king of the world!" from Titanic.

4) I grew up in Anaheim and currently live in Los Angeles. At Disney's Hollywood Studios, I always take the walk down Sunset Blvd: Anaheim Produce, Fairfax Fries, Toluca Legs Turkey Co -- all So. Calif references in buildings that look like L.A. landmark Farmer's Market.

5) A Goodings run for Diet Pepsi

6) MUST shop at World of Disney at DTD, Sid Cahuenga's & the Villains Shop at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney Outfitters at AK, Mouse Gear at Epcot, Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe at MK and as many Resort gift shops as I can get to.

and indulge me...

7) My most memorable trip to WDW was in 1984 with my mom, dad and older sister. I was a young girl. The only parks open were the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We stayed at the Club Lake Villas. The shuttles were identified by flags. I remember leaving Epcot after closing, late one night, and waiting and waiting for our shuttle. We were sitting on a bench near a speaker and I was listening to the Epcot entrance atmosphere music; I am pretty sure I heard most of the loop. It is a very vivid memory for me.

My father passed away in 1993 and now I travel to WDW with friends.

A few years ago, I found the Epcot entrance atmosphere music loop on Napster, so I downloaded it. Now I have it on my iPod and when I leave Epcot at night, I sit on that bench, listen to the loop on my headphones, and remember that early trip with my family. :rose:

THE COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE!!!

Watching Tinkberbell fly across the sky before the evening parade

Tom Sawyers "Barrell Bridge"

1. Mickey ears ice cream - at least once
2. Oh Canada movie - just love it, don't ask me why
3. It's a small world - rode it during the 1964-65 NY World Fair, have to ride it each time. Yes... I'm that old.
4. Do something new each visit... the last time we did blizzard beach and loved it. Next time we will play mini-golf.

POPCORN!! I have to get it everyday we are there. Sometimes I have it for breakfast. I'm obsessed with it.popcorn::

My thing is that moment when you let go of all your adult bs, and go back to being a kid...just giving in to Disney magic. This generally happens for me when I get to my first park of the vacation.

My must do "things":

1. MK must be the first park I go to
2. Must ride Kilimanjaro Safari at least 3 times (I love animals and photography so this ride is my form of heaven!)
3. Must visit every park at least for one day
4. Have to ride every single ride (I go off season and for at least a week so I can accomplish this!)
5. I always take the Monorail to MK, and the boat back to the parking lot at night.
6. Try something new that I have never done/eaten/visited before, so I have a completely new memory for that trip.

Great thread!

My daughter and I have visited WDW eight times since 2002...trip number nine is in eight days!

While at The World, we must...

- Have dinner at Boma.
- Watch "Illuminations" twice, even though we're usually at WDW for only three or four nights.
- Watch Stacey's feature on WDW resort tv (my kid is a big fan of Stacey's!).
- Visit each park at least once.
- Walk around the Poly (our favorite resort, but too expensive for us nowadays).
- Ride the TTA People Mover and Spaceship Earth for our "relaxation" time.
- Take time to enjoy our favorite smells! (WDW water, Space Mountain, etc. Does anyone know what I mean?!?). :)

The Jungle Cruise was my first Disney ride ever, so I try and make that the first one I go on when I get to MK. princess:

Also, I have to have a churro!

School bread in Norway at Epcot and Fantasmic, Soaring and Downtown Disney:thumbsup2

We MUST MUST MUST have an early morning breakfast at Tuskers so we can tour the park while it's empty. We get to take our time and really enjoy all the "little" details that AK has! It's actually the highlight of our tirp :goodvibes

There are quite a few things we enjoy doing, but very few we MUST do in order to consider our trip complete. Some are:

1. Watch Wishes - the kids always make fun of me crying
2. Have silhouettes of my 2 DD's done in MK. We had to discontinue this practice as we ran out of wall space to display.
3. I buy a Christmas ornament every year.
4. We must stop at the Dole Whip stand no matter how cold the weather might be.
5. Ride the monorail.

Another practice of ours on our first full day is to go to the park whose bus arrives first at our resort while we're waiting in the morning. For some reason, it always seems to be DHS.

We MUST ride Splash Mountain and buy the photo.

We MUST eat at Columbia Harbour House and I MUST order the fish & chicken basket (at least once!)

I MUST have a pineapple/vanilla swirl dole whip.

We MUST swim at the resort pool, ride the slide, and DH and I MUST enjoy a poolside libation and eat cheetos.

We MUST deck ourselves out in glow and LED items at night.

I MUST get a Mickey head necklace and earrings - at least one per trip (usually just the $10 - $15 ones).

We MUST ride in the 'big ball at Epercot'!

My newest MUST is having at least one Grey Goose Slushie!

I would say the only things that we have to do is Tower of Terror and the Rockin Roller Coaster for sure.....
We have to do all the fun TS meals, that is one of my favorite parts is planning the meals :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter