What's your major?

What's your major?
Architecture.
What career are you trying to get into?
My dream career is Imagineering but well, it's pretty hard to get so if I don't, then i'll be designing homes.
What made you choose that major?
Once upon a time my middle school was holding a career day and I felt lost because I didn't know what I wanted to do. My friend at the time asked what my interests were and I explained to her I liked to draw and building things (mainly out of legos, and k'nex, plus helping my dad build projects around the house). She suggested Architecture and the rest is history.

Plus when I found out Disney could hire me it was set in stone. :thumbsup2

What's your major?
Biology.
I want to do Educational or Exhibit Direction. I want to work in husbandry for a few years (prefer marine husbandry). Hopefully one day Ill be curator to an aquarium or museum.
Took me a long long time guys. Its hard to figure out what your good at and what you want to do. Shoot for the stars- dont let anyone talk you out of what you want to do. I had so many advisors and teachers telling me not to major in science period- Im glad I didnt listen. :)

What's your major?
Journalism and Mass Communication with a sub-major of PR and a minor in Theatre
I am still debating on whether or not attend grad school, so that could greatly effect my choices of careers, but anyway..I would love to do PR for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin or possibly go back to work for Disney in a non "fur" ( pluto: :eeyore: ) role. ;)
Well, nursing did not quite work out for me (chemistry= :confused3 ) and I had always like the yearbook/design/writing stuff I did in high school, so here I am, a JMC major now.

What's your major? Business administration

What career are you trying to get into? I have no idea. I really don't. I like business, but I'm just not sure yet. I would love to do something at a theme park (not necessarily Disney) or a zoo. Or perhaps work for a professional sports team. I would even be willing to be a team manager in retail or something.

What made you choose that major? Like I said, I like business-y stuff so I went this direction. It's also a pretty good kickstart to any sort of job I may want in the future. Not sure exactly what I want to do, but my income, after marriage, will be supplementary, not primary, so I'm really not at all concerned about how much money I make, just that, at the end of the day, I really like my job.

Major: Double major in motion pictures (production) and theatre (design)

Careers I want to try for...
In theatre tech: Rigger, electrician, stagehand, scene shop, lighting shop, any sort of designer
In film: Gaffer, editor, camera operator

Yes, I'm going to college for 4 years to be the one female running around backstage throwing things together with a hammer. Woooo. :-D

Why this major...
My family is all musicians except for two doctors. I can't play an instrument. I have a non-verbal learning disorder, aka my hands and brain have a split second disconnection, so I can't touch a thing. I grew up backstage for my dad's concerts and fell in love with how, while the audience calmly watches a show, all hell breaks loose behind the curtain. Just wanted to be one of those that actually contributes to a show minus public recognition.

What's your major? Geology/Environmental Science
What career are you trying to get into? Study glaciology or work at a ski resort.
Switched from Ski Area Management into Science for 2 reasons. 1) There's so many students out there with SAM diplomas and can't find a job(and usually you'll make minimum wage for too long). And with a lot of ski resorts turning to natural energy, there are many openings for those in environmental science. 2) I came to the conclusion I actually liked science.

Major- Business Administration
Career- Some sort of corporate executive at DLR
Why- I love Disneyland and I knew to make it in the very competitive business world I need a business major.

What is my major?

I'm majoring in Biology with a concentration in Pre-Vet.

Career choice?

Equine Acupuncture

Why?

I chose this major because I'm very interested in biology, and I chose acupuncture for a career because I think it's a great kind of therapy to help pain. :)

Major: Biology

Career Choice: I want to work for the Department of State in Foreign Affairs

Why: I chose biology b/c I wanted to become a plastic surgeon, after it didn't pan out; I checked out the department of state and decided that it would be an awesome job for me.

Major: Politics

Career Choice: Airline Pilot

Why I chose my major: Well, obviously it has nothing to do with my career choice. But, I need a four-year degree and politics just really fascinates me. I love to talk about issues and read about current events and such. Also, if I decide between now and graduation that the airline thing isn't for me, my "backup" would be to go to law school and become a criminal prosecutor.

Major: Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services... or Biology. I'm not quite sure yet, might bump the biology down to a minor.

Career: Anything at WDW! I'd love to work at the Living Seas, so thats why I want to keep the biology thing. I think it would be awesome to study how animals interact and help heal humans when they are sick/hurt.

How/why: I have looked at every major and these are the only ones that dont involve a lot of chemistry... just kidding. They both interest me a ton and I guess if I am spending money on something like this, I should pick something I like (and something that could get me a job at WDW!)

Major: We don't really have "majors" as such in the UK, but I'm studying Mechanical Engineering.

Career: I'm hoping to be an Imagineer... what the heck, I'm GOING to be an Imagineer (let's be positive here) :goodvibes

Why: I like taking things to pieces, hitting them with a hammer and putting them back together again. Also my Maths / Physics isn't bad, I enjoy playing with numbers and I'm dyslexic so essays are an up-hill struggle.

What's your major? Interior Design
What career are you trying to get into? Designing Commerical Buildings
What made you choose that major? i've always loved designing things and trying to make the most out of an area. i also love when you walk into a building and your first reaction is "wow". so i figured if i could combine the two then good for me! it's also a job that won't be to redundant so that's an even bigger plus.

Major: Sociology with a concentration in social work
Career: Social Worker in Schools (preferably elementary)
Why?: I've always wanted to help kids in any way I could. After deciding that teaching probably isn't for me, I chose social work. I really want to be there for kids and try to help them the best I can.

Kiki

Major: Mathematics
Career: I'm also a CGA student (Certified General Accountant) in addition to university, so I'm going to hopefully be an accountant!
Why: I love numbers and being an accountant leads to endless possibilities. Not to mention the salary!

What's your major? psychology (bachelors) and education (masters)

What career are you trying to get into? teaching

What made you choose that major? I chose teaching b/c there is no greater feeling than making a child smile. :)

What's your major?
Law school now, we don't really have majors besides just "law."
History when I was an undergrad.

...law. Hopefully something in commercial litigation/defense.

$$$. And I'm great at making logical, reasoned arguments about anything.

~blues

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter