Where is your next vacation?

It was supposed to be Disneyland for my 50th in May but I’m not sure if that’ll happen. Kind of makes me sad as I’ve been planning for it since I last went for my 44th. With all the changes, the crowds and COVID I’m just not sure it’ll be fun for me right now. I might end up doing the central coast (California) that I was planning the past two years instead.

Hope springs eternal so I threw a stone all the way out to next winter for WDW and made reservations, this is the 4th year is a row I am trying. Had 2019, 2020 & 2021 booked then backed out so fingers crossed.

Feeling optimistic that I may be able to squeeze in others this winter like a weekend at Cape Cod & another somewhere lodge-like in New England if I can find something cozy. since I think we can manage driving trips regardless of what's happening.

If this year gets back on the rails I want a family trip to Napa and a family trip to a caribbean island, might be extended family as well.

Las Vegas right after Christmas and then WDW in March. And then an all inclusive in Mexico in June. Nothing after that planned as I'll be low on vacation days and will have to save up more (and more money lol).

That's where I'm at with it too, and it is so disappointing because DD20 will be there all summer. So we'll be missing out not only on a bucket-list destination but also on spending time with her during her last summer as a student. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things start to change for the better in the spring and we can manage to make it happen despite the pandemic, or that we can at least plan for a European destination with fewer restrictions and meet up with DD there, but I'm not very optimistic at this point.
Yep, it truly sucks. I am amazed(and jealous, lol) that people are still traveling over there in spite of the recent restrictions imposed because of the new variant. I believe you now have to do a fit to fly to test within 48 hours of your flight over there. Once you land you need to take a day 2 pcr test and head straight to your accommodations to isolate until you get your results back-which may take up to 24 hours. You also have to fill out a passenger locator form in case a close contact tests positive? Another test before you fly back home. I think I have that right, I've been following the threads on Trip Advisor, so confusing. Not to mention the costs of all those tests especially if you want the results quickly. Good luck to you with your future travels!

Clearwater, FL for two weeks in January…part vacation, part working remotely, part looking at investment properties to purchase.

For 2022 we have a family trip to The Grand Canyon - south side, a couples trip to Yellowstone and a family trip Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy.

We will probably do one or two shorter within driving distance trips to the beach or mountains.

Leaving in 20 days for Florida and a 10-night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette, followed by 4 nights at Disney World. We’ll take 3 days to get down there (driving) then a night at Cocoa Beach and 2 nights in Miami before the cruise, and 2-3 nights coming home. So looking forward to it! We have cruised several times with Disney, Carnival and Royal Caribbean but this will be our first on Celebrity🚢

Then I have a 6-night stay booked on Mackinac (pronounced Mackinaw) Island in May, half at the Main Street Inn and the other half at the Grand Hotel. And a 5-night stay there in October at the Cottage Inn. Both are solo trips.

DH and I will do a few camping trips over the summer, and we are thinking about heading back to Gatlinburg for a week or so at the end of March.

Last edited:
End of this month, 1 night at WDW, 3 nights at Legoland for New Years (my youngest request) then 6 nights at Universal. March 2022 a week at Saratoga Springs (No Disney parks) so we will go to the Space Center, Sea World and some other "new" things to do in Orlando. June 2022, 6 nights at Hilton Head. October 2022 Portofino Bay at universal for a week do both parks and HHN then Riviera for a few days, and then maybe WDW parks. Just maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter