Where is your next vacation?

Bend, OR in Sept.
DL over Halloween.
Vegas in Dec.
Brazil in may. Going to hit Rio, the Amazon, and Pantanal.
Also have Egypt, Israel, and Jordan booked in Dec 2025.
Son is doing destination wedding in Feb 2025. SE Asia somewhere.

We just came back from Norway. I would love to go back and head to Northern Norway so I’m trying to squeeze that in somewhere. Norway might be our favorite country so far.
Did you take a DCL cruise to Norway?

Lake Tahoe later in August, probably a quick weekend in Gettysburg in Octoberish, Orlando & then Ft. Myers Florida in late Jan./early Feb. Spring 2024 Nashville (work w/ a extra day or so tacked on), later 2024 Scotland. 2025 Green Turtle Cay.

Lake Placid in August. Then Tampa in October. Both of those are long weekends with extended family. Big trip next summer to Vancouver for a few days and then an Alaskan cruise.

To answer your second question, I have my eye on American Cruise Line sailing out of Portland up Columbia and Snake rivers. Looks fascinating and that is such beautiful country. They also do Great Lakes sail that looks fun.
We are close to booking one of those, but for October next year.

Planning on a week in Switzerland in October. Fly into Zurich, stop briefly in Lucerne, a few days in Lauterbrunnen, and finish up in Geneva.

Next year we're doing two weeks in northern Italy. Not sure yet if we want to do it spring or fall. Then we'll have another week somewhere TBD.

I haven't thought much after this Summer. Our last three vacations have been in Europe. I'm thinking maybe DC and the east coast next year. I'd like to go to Japan in 2025.

March 2024 - Coco Beach, Florida area.
My DD19’s college team plays in a tournament there.
We went there this past March and we had a great time.

NYE 2024 - WDW
We‘re very excited to ring in the New Year at WDW.
It‘s going to be crazy crowded, but we’re ok with it. We‘re looking forward to the dance parties and having a different kind of fun at WDW. My DD will be 21, so we can enjoy some adult beverages - it’ll be a blast!

Door county Wisconsin for 3 nights in Aug.
galena illinois with my 3 best girlfriends in sept for 3 nights
Disney aulani from Oct 10 to 13
Disney wonder from Honolulu to Sydney from Oct 13 to Oct 27. Then one night in Sydney and 6 nights in New Zealand
Turner classic movie cruise from San Diego from Nov 5 to Nov 11
Disney world resorts, no parks, Feb 25 to March 9 2024
Ama waterways tulip time river cruise from Amsterdam in April 2024

And yes I know how lucky I am

Just wanting to see where everybody is going. I’m looking for some unique vacations ideas. We’ve been on a few Amtrak train routes over the last few years, Key West, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone etc. I love the ease of the trains but we are done. Has anybody done a U.S.A. River cruise lately?
Phoenix in the Spring, and also Universal Orlando:)

I love the ease of the trains but we are done. Has anybody done a U.S.A. River cruise lately?
We've also done a lot of long distance Amtrak travel but not up for the long delays/cancellations this summer.

We were watching cruise prices for the Snake/Columbia river but cannot pay over $5,000 per person.

This morning, we decided to book a Bermuda bound cruise on Disney out of NY for October.
The prices seem reasonable after watching the Amercian Cruise line prices.

We are also going to do a road trip to drive the length of The Blue Ridgemountain parkway.

We've done the Blue Ridge Parkway several times. It never gets old to me. If you can manage a mid to late June drive, the Catawba rhododendron bloom is something to see. Craggy Gardens is one of the better locations for that. Lunch or breakfast at Pisgah Inn is neat with the huge picture windows looking out over the mountains.

Litttle Switzerland is a good place to stay with decent restaurants.

If your trip is in the fall, October into early November will be the prime leaf color times. There is no one time that is best, as the higher elevations change early, with the lower elevations later. We did the trip the first week in November several years ago and saw plenty of color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter