Where will your first post-Covid vacation be?

We were planning a DCL cruise this year to celebrate two major milestone birthdays, one university graduation and the start of kindergarten. We are all disappointed that we won’t be going but we will someday.

In the meantime, we have all been thinking we would like to keep our dollars here in Canada to support our own country in some small way. Tourism here, as everywhere, has been so hard hit and we thought since we travel frequently to Florida, this time, we will rent a cottage here or visit another province. Would love to visit the Northwest Territories or Yukon. I would absolutely love to visit Newfoundland again. So much to see. We have the most beautiful country with varying landscapes and amazing people. It is more expensive but there may be many good discounts to lure everyone to visit locally so that should help. Plus, our dollar is terrible to the U.S. so take that into consideration.

If we are still working from home for the summer, I will thoroughly enjoy our Intex pool we would put up for July and August! We haven't used it the last couple of summers as we have had another vacations during the summer and wouldn't get use of it.

Being off all summer would be awesome! lol

One thing I will say about travel in our own county ... we did a three week driving trip from southern Ontario to Banff /Jasper/ and Yoho national parks . We stayed in hotels on the drive out and back but camped exclusively once we were in the parks. I wouldn’t have done it any other way. It was by far the most spectacular trip I’ve ever taken. I think we did the whole three weeks for about 3K ..we used mostly airmiles for gas and hotel bookings. We didn’t eat out much but used grocery stores and cooked a lot . Not the type of travel everyone would enjoy but we just loved it . Travel in our country can be expensive or cheap depending on what you want to do.

I would love to learn more about how you did this. How much time did you spend in each location? How many days did it take you to get out there? We’re coming from Eastern Ontario. Driving out to AB was one of the options I gave my kids for this summer, but they chose Disney. If Disney’s out, and if we can safely travel domestically this summer, I’d love to do this. We have our own trailer but was thinking it would be faster to just drive and rent out there.

I would love to learn more about how you did this. How much time did you spend in each location? How many days did it take you to get out there? We’re coming from Eastern Ontario. Driving out to AB was one of the options I gave my kids for this summer, but they chose Disney. If Disney’s out, and if we can safely travel domestically this summer, I’d love to do this. We have our own trailer but was thinking it would be faster to just drive and rent out there.
We drove 11 hour days because the big show for us was to be out in Banff and Jasper and camp for two weeks. We stopped for a few hours break in places that interested us though . And the drive through Northern Ontario was spectacular for scenery. I think we took four days to get out there in total from Niagara. My advice would be to wait until next year though . I belong to a Banff and a Jasper Facebook group and nobody knows what this summer will look like or if the parks will be open. Also we planned our camping spots as they are more competitive than fastpasses and we booked those on opening day in January for the following summer. Every park campground we stayed in was booked solid for our whole trip. I’d be happy to help you plan what I could so feel free to pm me . I loved it so much I’m thinking we will do it again.

If Disney’s out, and if we can safely travel domestically this summer, I’d love to do this.

My advice would be to wait until next year though .

We live just outside Banff. If the parks are opened I think this could be a great year to visit "Banff /Jasper/ and Yoho national parks". With our low dollar it has been terribly busy here the last couple of summers. Many, if not most, of the tourists are international. If Canada opens up but international travel is restricted or just lower the mountain experience will be much more pleasant. Most of the festivals etc. have been cancelled but the mountains, lakes and wildlife are all still here.

we were hoping to go next February during the teachers conference time. We went this year and loved the temperatures. A little cool but too much.

We live just outside Banff. If the parks are opened I think this could be a great year to visit "Banff /Jasper/ and Yoho national parks". With our low dollar it has been terribly busy here the last couple of summers. Many, if not most, of the tourists are international. If Canada opens up but international travel is restricted or just lower the mountain experience will be much more pleasant. Most of the festivals etc. have been cancelled but the mountains, lakes and wildlife are all still here.
This is our plan for August, if we can't get to Orlando (border open, but still mandatory 14 quarantine in place, then no thanks). We are in BC so it's a nice drive. I've been all over AB as has my DH but our kids haven't so we'd like to take them to Banff/Jasper and maybe even further south to Drumheller.

If anyone caught what the chief medical officer said today it's not likely most Canadians will be doing much for awhile. She said that large gatherings will be out of the question til there is a cure or a vaccine.

We drove 11 hour days because the big show for us was to be out in Banff and Jasper and camp for two weeks. We stopped for a few hours break in places that interested us though . And the drive through Northern Ontario was spectacular for scenery. I think we took four days to get out there in total from Niagara. My advice would be to wait until next year though . I belong to a Banff and a Jasper Facebook group and nobody knows what this summer will look like or if the parks will be open. Also we planned our camping spots as they are more competitive than fastpasses and we booked those on opening day in January for the following summer. Every park campground we stayed in was booked solid for our whole trip. I’d be happy to help you plan what I could so feel free to pm me . I loved it so much I’m thinking we will do it again.

Thanks, when I'm ready to start planning I'll for sure be in touch. Yes, I can imagine the hot demand for camping spots, I've been playing that game for a while. Looking forward to when it's just the two of us and we can go in September.

Oh man am I completely delusional for still planning our October trip?? We bought tickets to mickeys not so scary Halloween party sonic we dont go that’s $700 down the tube. 😭😭
Same man, same.
if it's half operational is it even worth it?
I hope they let people get their money back for the parties because of these strange circumstances.

I have a Disneyland trip planned for 1 week this December. Booked before covid was a thing. Will cancel it all if we can’t be covered for travel medical insurance. Currently our provider says we’re not covered but hoping that changes in the Fall. We’ll wait and see.

I'm really hoping that by next Feb/ March we might be able to travel outside of Canada. We would want to go to Mexico and enjoy the amazing heat, sand and palm trees. I would really really like to still be able to do a graduation trip to Disney/Universal for our youngest. We could do that late next year, but THAT trip will need to see how the US tackles their huge numbers. I also don't want to have to do a mandated isolation when we get home from anywhere. So that will take us out of any travel.

All that I'm wanting for this summer is to be able to hook onto our boat and be able to go isolate in the middle of the lake and catch some fish and enjoy the short summer we have here. Hopefully we will be able to hook onto our travel trailer ( and meet some of our family members ) and go somewhere in the middle of no where and do some camping. I fI can do these two things this summer, I will be happy girl.

I'm very doubtful that our National Parks will open, because large gatherings of people are discouraged. I think tourism for this summer will be very light due to restrictions.

It will be VERY interesting to see what happens in the US with them wanting to open up places like Vegas, large amusement parks, their national parks etc etc...even with the large number of cases they have there in many of the different states.

There are soooo many unknowns as this point, I'll be happy just to hook onto my boat or camper and get out of town away from all the craziness and enjoy our short summers. Especially here in northern Alberta!!!

well, airlines are supposed to be starting to travel to Mexico and hotels reopening starting June 1, so that will be interesting to see how that all goes down!

I'm soooooooooooooo hopeful. We wanted to do a winter getaway this past winter, but our granddaughter arrived smack dab in the middle of prime getaway winter time. Then I ended up being accepted ( very last minute ) to take part time classes through distance learning at our regional college. So that just completely knocked the vacation into sleep mode until 2021.

It's funny, because for YEARS I have been trying to get dh to do a warm winter vacation and he always said he would hate them blah blah blah :sad2: Fast forward to May of 2019, there we are packing up ( including our boys ) for our daughter's destination wedding in Mexico!!!! By the end of day 2, he had fallen in love with everything about the vacation, and I have NEVER seen him relax like that! We have been together 30 years and I have never seen him relax like that! He was soooooooooo looking forward to going back. He is still even checking the weather there to see how it compares to where we are!!! :rotfl:

So this virus is throwing a huge wrench into our plans. That's all he wants to do is travel!!!!! That's it!!!! He even wants to take our boys to Disney and Universal!!!! Which 2 years ago was a forbidden topic lol!!!! So the sooner we can get back to travelling ( without a long mandated isolation ) the better. This momma wants vacations to revive her soul from the life sucking winters we have lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter