• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which is the best grocer to use these days?

Did Walmart grocery to SSR on Monday. They would not deliver to bell services. They called about 2 hours before my delivery window to make sure someone was there. Our plane was delayed, so Walmart had me call them back when we got to the resort. They didn’t give me a time, but said they would call for a delivery person. I waited, but I ended up getting a text and email when my order was picked up. I had about 15 minutes to get to my room from the pool. Delivery person called on her arrival. She helped carry it to the elevator. If you order more than what you can carry, this is a two person job, so bring a family member to help. We allowed for substitutions, they gave 24 pack string cheese for price of 12 pack, 2 6 packs ice tea instead of 6 individual bottles for same price, but they omitted the Swiss cheese. Did not charge us for it though. I would use Walmart grocery again. Downside is no alcohol delivery, but we packed liquor in our checked bag this time.

We are renting a car for 2 days to hit Universal and figured with my ECV that would be easier. So I told DH once he picks up the car to buy beer and wine on his way back.

If Walmart is that much of a savings I guess I will just spend the few extra $$$ and buy my wine at the resort gift shop and still come out ahead!

The difference in my order was about $25, Walmart vs. Publix. I still used Instacart for alcohol delivery through the ABC store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter