• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who applied for the 2010 Mickey Moms Panel?

I submitted my application as well.

Wendylovesdisney, one of the requirements was you needed to have visited WDW in the past twelve months.

Good luck everyone!!!

People keep saying that was a requirement but I was never asked a question about when I went last. I was only asked the three questions. I was already registered at disney.com, all I had to do was log in and apply. I have been in the last 12 months but stayed offsite. I got the confirmation saying "thanks for applying."

People keep saying that was a requirement but I was never asked a question about when I went last.."

It was in the bylines, on the page before the questions began. It also said you had to be at least 18, speak fluent English, and be free to travel to DW in early December. I don't recall what else.

That was the gist of the email I got when I applied last year. I am banging my head against a wall because I didn't get an email reply this year! Oh well :)
Check your spam folder - it may have gone astray. My confirmation email arrived in my inbox immediately. In fact, it arrived before the email I sent to myself!

I used MS Word/email to prepare my answers. MSW can count words plus it has spell- and grammar-checking built in. Copy-and-Paste works well too, for filling out the form.

Good luck everyone who applied!

I applied too, although I'm a pre-mom... never said you actually had to be married or have kids!

Don't know if that will help or hurt.. assuming hurt... but hey, what's wrong with trying? I won't take away from any more qualified candidates, and if I get picked, then I guess I had the right stuff, right?

:rolleyes1 And there's nothing wrong with a mousepad, right?

Check your spam folder - it may have gone astray. My confirmation email arrived in my inbox immediately. In fact, it arrived before the email I sent to myself!

I used MS Word/email to prepare my answers. MSW can count words plus it has spell- and grammar-checking built in. Copy-and-Paste works well too, for filling out the form.

Good luck everyone who applied!

It didn't show up in my spam folder either but I did read on the Moms Panel thread (from a current moms panel member) that she asked about this email. If you didn't get one, and you want to make sure that you submitted correctly, try to submit another application. If the page says 'you've already submitted' then they have your application. I feel better now!

In the application instructions, it specifically asked for you NOT to cut and paste from Word or other word processing software to the application. Sometimes it can mess up in the conversion and look fine on your screen, but jibberish to the receipient. So, don't type in Word and then cut and paste it to the application. I want you all to have a fair chance at this opportunity and would hate for you to be elimimated due to the application being illegible to the judges. What some people have done is type on the application and copy that to Word to have it spellcheck. That is fine. :thumbsup2

Good luck fellow DISers! :wizard:

:goodvibes Jennifer

Does anyone know, if you are selected as one of the winners, if you are allowed to bring your family members on the trip?

I thought last year's winners won an all expenses paid trip to WDW for themselves and three family members. However, this year it only reads ...

Persons who are selected as panelists will receive a trip to Walt Disney World® Resort to participate in training for this exciting program.
(from the Moms Panel application site)

Maybe, there is a cutback this year or they only give you that info when you are selected.

It was in the bylines, on the page before the questions began. It also said you had to be at least 18, speak fluent English, and be free to travel to DW in early December. I don't recall what else.

I know some of us were so excited to apply that we probably skipped right over this page. Here's the info mentioned above ...

Participants must:
• Be 18 years of age or older.
• Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
• Be familiar with Walt Disney World® Resort and have visited at least once in the last 12 months.
• Be fluent in the English language.
• Complete at least fifteen written responses per week.
• Provide your opinions and feedback.
• Submit an autobiography and personal photo to be posted online.
• Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort from December 4-8, 2009.
• Be willing to participate for a minimum of 12 months.
• Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity (other than The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries) which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake or Seminole Counties, Florida.
• Not be currently employed in the travel or theme park industries, and not be an immediately family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel or theme park industries.

Persons who are selected as panelists will receive a trip to Walt Disney World® Resort to participate in training for this exciting program.

It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.

I hope this helps! :wizard:

(This information was obtained from the Walt Disney World Moms Panel website. Click HERE to be directed to the site.)

Well I applied too! I did not do any fancy essays or cutting and pasting. Just answered the best I could based on my feelings. Hopefully that will come through to the judges! Wishing everyone good luck :grouphug: and looking forward to another great panel - hopefully with me in it lol:rolleyes1

I applied for the first time. I know it's a longshot, but you can't make it if you don't try. It was fun just writing the essays.

This is the 2nd time for me. It's very exciting and the anticipation is driving me nuts! Hope to meet you all in December!

I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board. Good luck to all DISboards applicants!

I thought last year's winners won an all expenses paid trip to WDW for themselves and three family members. However, this year it only reads ...

(from the Moms Panel application site)

Maybe, there is a cutback this year or they only give you that info when you are selected.

I have an email that says it is for the winner and 3 guests. :confused3

I applied this year. I thought about it last year, but wasn't sure. This would be great to be selected for. It sounds like so much fun!

Good Luck everyone!! :goodvibes

Just sending everyone good luck as the application process is winding down. And remember, entering is your ticket to becoming a member of the Mickey Moms' Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter