Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Oh no Mo!!! This is terrible news! That darned car!!! :(

Like Ariana said - at least the kids didn't know, so you don't have to break the news to them.... Even though I know how much it breaks your heart.

I have not been to WDW in May... March - but not May. Will you be keeping everything the same, except for the dates? Or are you planning to do something different.

Pixie Dust that you are able to find a good, reliable and affordable car. :lovestruc: :hug:

D~

I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip. A least the kids didn't know about it. I've been to Disney in the beginning of May back when they still had Star Wars weekends. Hs was the only crowded park on weekends then.
The nerve of people wanting a car payment every month.
Liz

That's a stinker Mo. sorry to hear all your troubles.

Car shopping is the worst, it I hope you guys find something great with little to no monthly payments.

May in Florida can be lovely! Not so cool as October, but still. And from what I have read crowds in Disney are manageable, depending on when you go.

I'm glad you're immediate frustration has past, but I'm sure this isn't easy. I hope you guys get over this hump quick. Sending you happiness and peace.

So sorry. Just look at it as another way to keep the kids guessing. You said you thought the kids might have an idea about the trip. Way to keep them guessing! ;)

Hope the May trip works out. Early May is better than the end of May!

I will come back to replies..
But i have BAD news..

I had to cancel this trip. Plan on moving it to MAY. So it's not totally over right?

Because:
My truck engine blew once again.
I need a new car and need this money to go towards new car. Tom's sister did not give us the money still

Bryan Amy and clan are still going. So that's good.

My wallet went missing yesterday and i had to get all new stuff. Like credit cards and license. need all my work id's well you know how it is..

So let's just say i want this year to BE OVER now.. all my frustration is pretty much over now. Thankfully i am going to reschedule. Sadly it won't be for the kids birthday.. BUT MAYBE i can swing TWO trips??? One in may and one in Sept 2018? I need something fun to look forward to since this ugly black cloud is over my head.

I am still looking for a new car. I just can't believe all these people want a car payment every month. Shocking i know! Honestly i am looking for the lowest payment i can get at this point I am just not ready for yet another car payment.

SO i have to call Disney today to get our name off of everything. and reschedule for possibly the second week of may?

Has anyone gone in may before?

Oh Mo! I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip, that's just awful. :( What do these cars have against us going to Disney? So unfair.

I'm glad you are able to reschedule everything. May is lovely, my friend is there every year at their holiday home. Next year...We will be there! Only right at the start though, we fly home on May 4th (Jedi husband and I didn't plan that very well, did we?! Unless they do Star Wars Weekend the weekend before).

I never realised how much stuff was in my wallet until it got stolen and I had to cancel it all, I feel for you having to sort all that out, on top of your Disney disappointment. What a month! I hope things start to look up for you and you can get a rescheduled trip to look forward to soon. I guess a plus is that the kids didn't know about this trip, so they won't be as disappointed? Maybe? Just looking for a little silver lining.

I am so sorry, Mo! I was so hoping we could meet up this time. We've been a few times in May. More crowded that we like, but doable with all of the planning that we love! Good luck with the car hunt. I'm putting that off for as long as I can, too.

I am so sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. That is very sad. :(

We went to WDW May 19 to 24th this year. It was hot and sunny without very much rain. In fact, we were there the day that they got their first significant rainfall in months. The thing I remember the most about crowds was how many school groups, girl scout troops, and similar groups there were there at the time.

The earlier you can go the better as far as crowds and weather go.

I jumped on to catch your excitement and was stunned that you had to cancel. I'm so very sorry you had to do that! I know how much work you put into your trips and how excited you are to pull the surprise trip especially. And to have to car shop on top of it all...not fun! When we were in an accident last Spring we had to replace our car since it was totaled. We got a Chevy Equinox and just love it! It may be too small for your needs with the kids getting bigger before our eyes, but thought I would throw that out.

We went to Disney the week of May 21st several years ago and found it almost as hot as September while we were there. The crowds were not bad, but not as great as September of course. We are going in April next year and again in September next year, so maybe we'll connect again. I would love that! Meanwhile, try not to be too bummed about this trip and jump into planning your next epic adventure. You always do it up right!!

Good Morning all..

I want to thank each and everyone of you!! I definitely feel the love from each and everyone of you.

Yes i am devastated the trip had to be canceled. Bryan- family and friends are still going and i hope they have the trip of a lifetime! I mean we planned the trip i have ALWAYS wanted to do..
BUT
there is always next time right? Real life sucks.
Bryan offered to pay I declined. His in-laws also offered and still declined. Even if i took the offer i have no way to get here..
we were offered to stay with our friends in Florida. and again i had to decline. I still have no way to get to FL.
Plus i took the $ from the trip for a car. and the rest to pay off my parent's!! Apparently i owed them money.. :confused3 Tom never told me he borrowed money from them. No wonder they would get upset when we would take trip after trip when i owed them $$!

Lets see what else has happened.
1 car took a dump-
it's currently with the engine place that i bought the engine from last year. It's still under warranty. Yet I no longer trust it.
We have been car shopping for weeks. I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER CAR PAYMENT
Since all car dealerships expect - one i'm looking for the lowest.. I haven't found one.
What i want and what i am probably going to get is two totally different vehicles.
I want a Tahoe, or something as large.
Probably going to get either a Traverse or Acadia..
Or.. I just get my battleship back.. Which is what is going to happen right now. I need a car now. I am tired of driving my Mom's..

2. I had to cancel the trip of a lifetime.

3. Someone stole my wallet.

4 football is the worst i have seen so far. NOTHING is organized can't get a damn thing done.. I almost quit twice- only thing keeps me going is knowing I am the only one who gives a stink about the kids safety and want them in new equipment.

5. Kids are not doing so fantastic with the new teacher. Last year teacher left since this school won't pay more. He was AMAZING the kids all loved him. and he was a guys guy the kids needed that since the school is mostly middle to upper aged woman.
This.. This.. person came in like a gang buster. Not the way to make a first impression and went right after Meghan.
Of course the momma bear in me went nuts. I am supposed to have a meeting with the principal today. Sadly i cannot since i am working both jobs today. Oh I forgot to mention i went to high school with the principal. and you do NOT want to know what we used to call him... :rotfl2::rotfl: let's just say i think he is still a little intimated by me...

I have been working A LOT. This city job has me jumping through hoops. The second job has booked a lot of hours! Normally i don't work a lot during the summer. Yet they changed the policy and POOF i am up to about 15 hours extra a week.
Im sleepy
If i am not at a job i am out on the football field.

I JUST LOVE football season! i do NOT love the disorganization of what is going on.. But hey not my deal. I just go day by day.

This is about what has been going on

Again i want to thank all of you for your support in the car-trip and real life junk.

I do think it happened for a reason. What if we were half way there. and POOF there went my car? just one scenario. many have been going threw my head like a baseball blasting around in there..

Soooooooooooooo

What does one do when life throws lemons???

going%2Bwdw.jpg

Stay tuned...

How can you leave us hanging like that? :confused: ;)

Wow - that is too bad about owing your parents money! What a shock that must have been.

I hope the car situation works out.

Last edited:
It's still under warranty. Yet I no longer trust it.

I don't blame you. I think back to all the trouble you had last year. I know you love that car, I hope it all works in your favor.

I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER CAR PAYMENT

I don't blame you, it's the worst.

This.. This.. person came in like a gang buster. Not the way to make a first impression and went right after Meghan.

Oh my! I can only imagine the wrath that will come to this person. :mad:

I just go day by day.

Sometimes it's all we can do. I'm so sorry all this has hit you guys like this. They say when it rains, it pours but my gosh! Y'all need a break! I hope it comes soon, and is plentiful!

:jumping1::dancer:party:

So glad you're already planning the next trip. That helps a lot I'm sure. I don't blame you one bit for coming to Meghan's rescue. That's what we mama bears do. The teacher sets the tone for the entire school year, so I hope he gets his panties un-bunched and gets with the program! I can be your back-up if you need it! Keep us posted.

Oh no!! So sorry that you had to cancel and that you have had to deal with all of that other stuff. THat is so frustrating.

I hope the car situation gets resolved one way or another. It must's funny about the princt have been a shock to find out you owed your parents money.
That's funny about the principal of the kids school. I went to school with the pastor of the church I go to. I remember him cutting class to go out and smoke and now he's a priest.
Sorry Megan's having problems with her teacher. I hope you can get it fixed.
Liz

Oh man, I'm SO sorry. I had no idea. :( We considered early May but decided on early March instead. Early May is our back up. I've heard it's awesome then!

So I know it won't ease the pain. But there's a very large and dangerous hurricane coming. You wouldn't have wanted to be there this coming week.

So sorry your trip got cancelled. But like you said with Irma, you don't wanna be there anyway! My cruise got cancelled last night. I spent last night crying, and today I am in recovery/find a way to fix this mode. We are gonna go to Florida stil, but no Dream cruise :(

So sorry your trip got cancelled. But like you said with Irma, you don't wanna be there anyway! My cruise got cancelled last night. I spent last night crying, and today I am in recovery/find a way to fix this mode. We are gonna go to Florida stil, but no Dream cruise :(

I am so sorry... This hurricane SUCKS! Did you see what Irma has done so far?
Just sad. I am so sorry for all those people. Horrible situation.

I received a text from Bryan this morning to cancel all the dining reservations. Their flights have been canceled so they are also canceling their trip... I'm very sad for them yet a little relieved
I was so nervous for them flying on Saturday.

Today would have been our Disney Driving day.. SAD yet I'm surprisingly OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter