Wishes Wedding 1/17/11-WP/CG-TR Day 6, Last Day

I love your TR! I love reading every little detail. It's so exciting because I'm using the WP too. (I switched from SBP). I love all the pictures with the report too! I feel like I'm reading a story book. It makes me so happy I chose David and Vicki. :cheer2:

Why wouldn't your planner let you use the freeze dried petals? I thought that was okay at the WP?? :confused:

After my wedding, I came on the boards and started a mini panic about the freeze dried petals. :rolleyes: Apparently some planners allow you to use freeze dried ones, and other planners stick to the "rules". My planners said that we had to use natural petals (freeze dried didn't count) and that if we didn't use Disney's petals then we would need to designate 2 guests to clean up after us. We decided instead of fighting it, we'd just buy bubbles. I bet if we brought our freeze dried petals with us, they probably would've used them, but I didn't want to take a chance and break the rules. If you plan on using them, just check with your planner before purchasing them. I have a whole box of the darn petals sitting in my closet! :rotfl:

I love your TR! I love reading every little detail. It's so exciting because I'm using the WP too. (I switched from SBP). I love all the pictures with the report too! I feel like I'm reading a story book. It makes me so happy I chose David and Vicki. :cheer2:

Thank you! :goodvibes It's all because of you that I even contacted David & Vicki, so I am forever grateful for that! :yay::banana:

After my wedding, I came on the boards and started a mini panic about the freeze dried petals. :rolleyes: Apparently some planners allow you to use freeze dried ones, and other planners stick to the "rules". My planners said that we had to use natural petals (freeze dried didn't count) and that if we didn't use Disney's petals then we would need to designate 2 guests to clean up after us. We decided instead of fighting it, we'd just buy bubbles. I bet if we brought our freeze dried petals with us, they probably would've used them, but I didn't want to take a chance and break the rules. If you plan on using them, just check with your planner before purchasing them. I have a whole box of the darn petals sitting in my closet! :rotfl:

Oh my goodness...they expected you to have guests clean up afterwards if you didn't use their petals? I can't even believe your planner said that to you with a straight face. How very un-magical of them! :sad2: I'm glad the bubbles worked out for you though! :thumbsup2

Hi Jules!

I felt like I had to chime in the planner differences. While my planner has told me I can use real petals from an outside vendor (and never mentioned a clean up fee), I was told today that I cannot use an outside vendor for my reception in the Napa Room :sad2: I'm using Orlando Blossoms and really frustrated because I liked Amy's arrangement (and price!) far more than Disney's idea. When I told them there isn't anything in my contract stating I couldn't bring in outside centerpieces they said CG has decided to no longer allow it - I even mentioned that I knew other planners had allowed as early as 2 months ago and I was told that must have been an oversight on the planner's part. Ugh! :headache:

On a happier note - I LOVE your photos. My wedding is less than 2 months away and I can't tell you how much your posts have helped! Thanks for the inspiration!

Hi Jules!

I felt like I had to chime in the planner differences. While my planner has told me I can use real petals from an outside vendor (and never mentioned a clean up fee), I was told today that I cannot use an outside vendor for my reception in the Napa Room :sad2: I'm using Orlando Blossoms and really frustrated because I liked Amy's arrangement (and price!) far more than Disney's idea. When I told them there isn't anything in my contract stating I couldn't bring in outside centerpieces they said CG has decided to no longer allow it - I even mentioned that I knew other planners had allowed as early as 2 months ago and I was told that must have been an oversight on the planner's part. Ugh! :headache:

That's ridiculous! :mad: We originally planned on using the Napa Room and when we met with our floral planner in November, we showed her photos of the silk arrangements we were bringing in and all she said was that she loved them! And everyone receives the guidelines for specialty venues when they get their LOA which states location restrictions like at which locations outside vendors are excluded. Nowhere on the Napa Room info does it say that you must use Disney floral.

I'm sorry for the hijack, but I would definitely push this issue, especially if you already have plans made to use an outside florist!!

Hi Jules!

On a happier note - I LOVE your photos. My wedding is less than 2 months away and I can't tell you how much your posts have helped! Thanks for the inspiration!

That's completely ridiculous!!! Why can't you use an outside vendor??? I would check around some more, maybe even try and call Ken Weaver. He was my original planner and I think now he was promoted. You might be able to get in touch with someone higher up and tell them that you already have contacted an outside vendor and you had every right to since nowhere in your contract did it say you couldn't use an outside vendor! You only have 2 months to go, which means this really should be finalized. Disney needs to start acting right, their "policy changes" are ridiculous and unfair. The planners never seem to be on the same page with one another, it drives me crazy. :mad:

Anyway, thanks for the compliments. :) I always feel like I just ramble on, but I'm glad that I was able to help a little. Good luck with your floral!
That's ridiculous! :mad: We originally planned on using the Napa Room and when we met with our floral planner in November, we showed her photos of the silk arrangements we were bringing in and all she said was that she loved them! And everyone receives the guidelines for specialty venues when they get their LOA which states location restrictions like at which locations outside vendors are excluded. Nowhere on the Napa Room info does it say that you must use Disney floral.

I'm sorry for the hijack, but I would definitely push this issue, especially if you already have plans made to use an outside florist!!

I completely agree with you. Disney is ridiculous sometimes. :sad2:

Reception-California Grill-1/17/11-

We arrived at the Contemporary Resort probably around 45 minutes after the ceremony had ended. I found out that the 1 limo we had actually was busing the guests from the WP to the California Grill. I don't know why they did that, I know it was raining, but everyone drove themselves to the WP so I don't know how anyone got home after the reception. It's probably best that I don't know. :laughing:

So, it felt like it took us forever to get to the Contemporary, but I don't think it was too far past 11. The cocktail hour was still going on, the reception was set to start at 12. When we pulled up to the Contemporary, we stopped in the lobby while the assistant called upstairs to make sure it was ok for us to get in the elevator. While we were waiting, I started to get a little upset about my hair. On our "run" to the limo from the WP, the rain and wind shifted and hit me from the right, soaking me. My sister took a picture of my hair and it looked almost frizzy, so I just sucked it up and decided that it wouldn't bother me, nothing I could do about it anyway. That was my mantra for the entire day. I couldn't do anything about the rain, or the wind, or my hair. I was just going to enjoy my one day with my new husband. ;)

We made our way upstairs and went around the back corned by the restrooms to get my bustle up. We had our reception in the restaurant, not in the smaller party rooms, so I had to kind of stay out of view for a little while. Amy brought over some kind of drink to Eddie and me, but it was pink and I was too nervous to drink it. I thought it was nice that she brought it over though.

OOOOK...the damn bustle. :sad2: This crazy, 9-point, specially made bustle for my huge dress...the bustle had a map that we had to follow. My mom and sister had put the bustle up a few weeks before the wedding while we were at Davids Bridal. They followed the map that day and they had the seamstress there to guide them. For the weeks leading up to the wedding, I begged and pleaded for them to practice the darn bustle. They assured me that WITH THE MAP, they would be fine.

So, what do you think we forgot to bring to the reception??? Oh yes, the damn MAP. :sad1: :rolleyes: I've been putting off writing about the reception, because this is the one moment of my wedding day that I'd just like to forget. Madness ensued when my mom and sister realized they had forgotten the map. I told them not to worry, it was my fault, I should have remembered the map, especially since it was with the dress in my room, and I threw the garment bag containing the map off to the side of the room when I took my dress out. Well, my mom kept saying "let me run to your room and get the map". We were in the garden wing, it was far, but in hind sight, I really should have let her go get it. I just wanted to get to the damn party. So I said no, just try your best on the bustle and then pin up anything you can't figure out. I just wanted the thing to get up and off the floor. Well, my sister started getting a big attitude because she was stressed. She was yelling at my mom, at her husband, and then the assistant came over and pushed my mom out of the way, and my mom started crying. I was still trying to calm everyone down. Amy thought I was so funny, she thought I was the calmest bride ever. Truth is, I was just trying to not ruin my wedding day, I didn't want to think about the madness surrounding me. So I calmed my mom down, they pinned up my dress and I made everyone get over it. Well, after the wedding, my mom was still upset so she went and deposited money into my bank account to make up for me "wasting" my money at Davids Bridal. :rotfl: That woman's crazy. :laughing:

While the craziness of the bustle was happening behind me, DJ Steve :love: came up to us and introduced himself. He was so nice and outgoing. He understood exactly what we wanted for the wedding, and was very professional. Eddie and I loved him. :)

After the 30 minutes it took to get my bustle up, they had everyone in the bridal party line up by the elevators. It was time to introduce us to the party! "Ride to California" by the Paper Tongues started playing, and everyone started dancing out into the crowd. This is when I realized that they set up the party on the WRONG SIDE OF THE RESTAURANT. :sad2::sad1::scared1::laughing: We were supposed to be set up on the right side, the side closest to the Magic Kingdom and the observation deck overlooking the Magic Kingdom. We were supposed to have our sweetheart table against the window with the castle right behind us. We were supposed to have 4 round tables set up surrounding the dance floor. We were supposed to. Instead, they set us up on the left side of the restaurant, 4 huge square tables, the dance floor off to the side and the DJ out in a corner. When I realized that everything was wrong, I realized there was nothing I could do about it anyway. ;) So we just shrugged it off, the guests didn't know the difference. Only people that knew it was all wrong was Eddie, me, my mom and sister. Oh well. It just went along with the way the whole day was. Nothing was going as planned, but everything was beautiful and perfect in its own way. These imperfections make the day more memorable to me.

When we entered, the tables looked beautiful. We had 3 glasses with a rose inside and a floating candle on each table, along with pale pink rose petals and sprinkled silver mickey confetti. I got sidetracked by our AMAZING cake and Eddie's awesome grooms cake. But Eddie didn't notice, he just led us right to the dance floor to start our first dance. We had planned on doing a choreographed dance, but we never had time to practice, so we just did the high school shuffle. :) It worked out fine. We danced to "Beautiful in my Eyes" by Joshua Kadison. Thankfully, DJ Steve didn't make us dance to the entire song. We kept kinda looking over at him, and he eventually had the song fade out. That's when Eddie and I started making our rounds, greeting everyone and laughing about the weather. I took Eddie over to see his surprise cake, he LOVED it, he was so shocked and happy. The bakery did an amazing job on both cakes.

Up Next- More reception and trip report day 5...

Pics of the cakes and tables-

011711-0417.jpg

011711-0422.jpg

011711-0425.jpg

011711-0426.jpg

011711-0446.jpg

011711-0449.jpg

011711-0452.jpg

This one shows where we were located in the restaurant. We were supposed to be set up on the far right side. The dance floor is in front of the table closest in the picture. The DJ is behind the cakes way in the back.

011711-0567.jpg

I swear, weddings aren't complete without a bustle dilemma of some sort, LOL! Your poor mom! I'm glad they got it figured out, and your reception looked beautiful. I especially love your cake -- so different and so pretty!!

I have been loving your pictures!!! I'm so sorry about the weather. :sad2: It looks like your new DH had some water damage on the back of his suit in that last picture.

What a bummer about the set-up at the reception. There were several of those at my wedding and I did the same thing as you, just brushed it off to have a great time. It's those little things that I remember the most now.

How sweet of your mom!!! I feel so bad for her. I also had a David's Bridal bustle and the seemstress tried to sell me the way over-complicated bustle. I sad no because of the cost and th cheaper one was still complicated..:rotfl:

I love your wedding cake so much, the pinks are just beautiful. I also love how they did just a single rose in the glass vases, it reminds me of the Beauty and the Beast rose. So pretty!

I have been loving your pictures!!! I'm so sorry about the weather. :sad2: It looks like your new DH had some water damage on the back of his suit in that last picture.

What a bummer about the set-up at the reception. There were several of those at my wedding and I did the same thing as you, just brushed it off to have a great time. It's those little things that I remember the most now.

How sweet of your mom!!! I feel so bad for her. I also had a David's Bridal bustle and the seemstress tried to sell me the way over-complicated bustle. I sad no because of the cost and th cheaper one was still complicated..:rotfl:

I love your wedding cake so much, the pinks are just beautiful. I also love how they did just a single rose in the glass vases, it reminds me of the Beauty and the Beast rose. So pretty!

DEB... CHECK YOUR EYES LADY!!! :lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's a shadow :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm dying right now that you said that :laughing:

I love both your cakes! :cool1: Pink is my favorite color. I'm so glad you were able to get the grooms cake. I remember way back in your planning when you were talking about getting his cake. Your center pieces and the table themes are very pretty. I think it's really cool how you practically got the whole California Grill to yourselves. It room is beautiful!:cutie:

Thanks Deb! I've been trying to find that last picture in my Trip Report, but I don't see it anymore. :confused3 Anyway, when the rain shifted when we were running to the limo, I sort of pushed him off the walkway and into the mud...:rolleyes: He had mud up to his knee! Poor guy! Luckily it washed right off, he took care of that while we worked on the bustle.

I felt bad for my mom too, she really was so upset about that stupid bustle! She still brings it up! Our cake was my favorite thing at our reception. It was so pretty. I didn't know what it would look like, the chef was supposed to copy the design from my dress onto the cake, I didn't know he'd do such an amazing job! :)

DEB... CHECK YOUR EYES LADY!!! :lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's a shadow :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm dying right now that you said that :laughing:

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:.....:confused:

I love both your cakes! :cool1: Pink is my favorite color. I'm so glad you were able to get the grooms cake. I remember way back in your planning when you were talking about getting his cake. Your center pieces and the table themes are very pretty. I think it's really cool how you practically got the whole California Grill to yourselves. It room is beautiful!:cutie:

Thank you! Yes, I was so happy with both of our cakes. Eddie's came out so great. I can't believe it was so long ago that I was debating on getting a grooms cake, and now everything is said and done. I wish we could get married every year, like the celebrities do! I miss my wedding! :rotfl:

Your cake is so pretty! I love the shot with castle in the background! :goodvibes

Thank you! :)

I think I lost a post...:confused: I can't seem to find the one of the family portraits, after the ceremony but before the reception. I thought I posted a bunch of pictures. Did I? Or am I going crazy? It ended with Eddie and me running to the limo...:confused3 Oh well. Let's wrap this baby up! :)

Reception continued-

So, after we said "hi" to everyone, I showed Eddie our cakes and then it was time to eat! It seems that we probably were running a little late. They had that food out of the kitchen so fast! We had the goat cheese ravioli as a starter. Everyone loved it! (Except my sister, she said she tried to scrape the taste of it off her tongue using her fork :rotfl:). While lunch was being served, DJ Steve took our request of playing Billy Joel very seriously. He played only Billy while we ate. And it was obscure Billy Joel songs, not the normal ones. :confused3 That was my one little complaint about DJ Steve, but it wasn't really his fault, we said we wanted Billy Joel.

After the ravioli, we got up a little and saw some more people, but before we could even get to one table they had the steak out. We had a steak with fries and salsa on the side. My steak was delicious. Eddie's was disgusting. His was very overcooked. But it was ok, with everything going on, we both couldn't sit still for more than a minute. We made it a point to eat a little of everything, but we couldn't really eat a full meal. As soon as the steaks were cleared away, they brought out the most amazing cheesecake! People are still talking about the cheesecake, it was so good! I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find a waiter anywhere. Apparently they did table wine service, and everyone had a couple of glasses, but I was never offered any. Also, when the cakes went out, a lot of people had coffee. I never was offered any, and I live for coffee. I love it. It's ok, it wasn't that big of a deal, I just thought it was strange that I was never offered anything.

So, as soon as the cheesecake was cleared away, I got up to use the restroom when I saw Amy. As I passed her, I jokingly said "I'm ready to party!". As soon as I said that, Amy went running into the back and got DJ Steve. He was clearly in the middle of eating, I felt so bad I told him to go back to finish lunch, but he refused and went right to the DJ area. I thought that was so amazing, I wasn't even meaning for Amy to do that, I was just kidding around, but once DJ Steve was out there, the party just took off! It was so much fun. He started us off with the "cha cha slide" and another big group dance. Once that started, Eddie and I barely left the dance floor.
Thinking back on it, I guess I should have socialized a bit more, but I was having too much fun dancing and enjoying the day.

Oh yeah, before the dancing started, we did the Father/Daughter, Mother/Son dances. I was glad to get that over with! I danced with my dad to "Lullaby" by Billy Joel, but I had DJ Steve play "Wooly Bully" when he first announced us as a joke. My nickname growing up was wooly bully, and my dad always used to sing that song to me, so it was really nice. My dad was totally surprised, and everyone was cheering so much that later on we had DJ Steve play the entire song and my sister, brother, and I danced with my dad to it. Such a nice memory. Eddie danced with his mom to "Blessed" by Elton John.

The rain slowed a little, so we were able to go out onto the observation deck and we got some really nice pics from that. The one weird part of the day was when they randomly said, "ok time to cut the cake". We didn't really get much help from anyone on that. David & Vicki kind of guided us on how to do it. Oh my gosh, the bottom tier of our cake was red velvet & buttercream. It was SO good. So much better than what we tasted at the planning session. It was so fresh and delicious. Then they had us cut Eddie's grooms cake. That was even better! Chocolate and peanut butter frosting. :love: It was so good.

Throughout the party the boys kept ordering "shots". They weren't really shots, apparently Disney doesn't serve them, or the California Grill doesn't serve them, so instead they were having Cranberry & Vodka shots. They had about 10. And a lot of people were getting in on it. I was nervous that we'd have a crazy bar bill, but the bill showed we had 86 cocktails..it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. We wound up getting around $850 back from our BOC bar. :banana:

Before we knew it, the DJ was calling for everyone to get on the dance floor for the last song of the day. :sad1: We danced to "Good Life" by OneRepublic. Not many of the guests knew the song, but they all circled around us and danced and sang. It was a perfect ending. A lot of guests sat down after that, and we had to keep asking them to leave, they didn't realize that the restaurant was going to be opening up soon. This is when I met our videographer for the first time. He said that he'd be in touch. I hope we get that video soon! I'm nervous to see it, I really don't like to hear myself and I'm sure I'm never going to dance again after watching our reception. :laughing: David & Vicki told us they were going to do a bridal shoot for us the next day, so we made plans for that.

Once we were all ready, my sister, brother in law, and brother followed Eddie and I back to our room. I couldn't believe our wedding was over! It felt like the party had just started. We got to our room, they collected their belongings and left and Bell Services arrived with our things from the wedding. We had a TON of cake left over. We still have the chocolate pieces from the grooms cake and the white chocolate castle sitting in our fridge. The top tier of the cake is in our freezer. Eddie laid down and immediately passed out. :rotfl: I was too wired, so I went through our stuff to make sure everything had been returned to us and I wrote in my wedding journal. Eventually I fell asleep too. We woke up around 5pm to see that the sun was shining. We opened our gifts (we were surprised to see how generous everyone was! :yay:) and realized that we didn't have our car or Eddie's clothes. All of his stuff was still in my brother's room at Pop. Poor Eddie only had his tux and shoes in our room, so he didn't want to walk to the MK to get on a bus to Pop. So we decided to take the monorail. Man that was a mistake! It took forever for us to get to the MK!!!! We realized we would never make it in time to our 7:30 reservation at Narcoossees, so we decided to go to Friendly's with Eddie's parents and my sister and her husband. It wasn't the most romantic wedding night dinner, but it sure was a lot of fun!

Pictures in next post-

hiya... I'd just like to say how much I've enjoyed reading your journal.

Even with the weather not being so good it looks like you had a wonderful day. Your photo's are beautiful and even though you weren't entirely happy with your hair I thought you looked stunning. Your cake, flowers etc are all lovely. Congratulations on your wedding (which I've just noticed was on my birthday) xx

hiya... I'd just like to say how much I've enjoyed reading your journal.

Even with the weather not being so good it looks like you had a wonderful day. Your photo's are beautiful and even though you weren't entirely happy with your hair I thought you looked stunning. Your cake, flowers etc are all lovely. Congratulations on your wedding (which I've just noticed was on my birthday) xx

Thank you so much for the kind words! :goodvibes

Hi Jules! Your day was beautiful! I really loved your TR, and got choked up a few times myself! Your cake was gorgeous and so were you! Hair fiasco or not, you made a gorgeous bride! I hope my day is half as wonderful as yours was! :goodvibes

Hi Jules,

I don't want your TR to end. I love reading about your day!:goodvibes
I don't think I saw the picture of you running in the rain or the family pictures. Maybe that part didn't post. The reception looks like fun and you still look good after all the rain. :cutie:

Hi Jules! Your day was beautiful! I really loved your TR, and got choked up a few times myself! Your cake was gorgeous and so were you! Hair fiasco or not, you made a gorgeous bride! I hope my day is half as wonderful as yours was! :goodvibes

Thanks so much! I can't wait to read all about your day, it's going to be amazing! :goodvibes

Hi Jules,

I don't want your TR to end. I love reading about your day!:goodvibes
I don't think I saw the picture of you running in the rain or the family pictures. Maybe that part didn't post. The reception looks like fun and you still look good after all the rain. :cutie:

I don't want it to end either! :laughing: Maybe that's why it's taking me so long to finish it... The reception was so much fun! I guess I'll just repost those pictures, couldn't hurt, right?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter