Would you get a MB+?

But if we buy the MB+ then what's the point of the lanyards you get for being Silver? Now if they gave the bands as a Sivler gift....that's wishful thinking, huh? I'm debating getting them for the kids, at least, if they work for kids club too. They have some onboard freedom and they generally carry their own KTTW card. But since the MB+ doesn't even completely replace KTTW, nor would we have cause to it all that often (really how often are people buying things, and going back to their stateroom in one day?), I don't see much of a point to getting the MB.

Their point was DCL is charging you for something with less functionality that another cruiseline offers for free with more functionality
That’s correct.
OceanNow is one of the best things I've ever experienced on a cruise (on any cruise line)!
I’m a techie and I was impressed by the functionality of all the Medallion’s features. The two new Princess ships look impressive.

Their point was DCL is charging you for something with less functionality that another cruiseline offers for free with more functionality
Other cruise lines don't have resorts where they sell them though if the gave them away for free on DCL people at Walt Disney World would complain about them not being free to them.

I brought a MB+ to use on a Wish sailing last month, and I'm glad I did.
First, when I checked in for the cruise, a cast member went ahead and paired the MB+ to my stateroom account, so it was all set when I boarded the ship. I appreciated that!
Opening the stateroom door was super easy with the MB+. Insanely easy. Just like at the resort.
Paying for things with the MB+ was also incredibly easy, although some times the CM asked for my KTTW card. I kept that on hand just in case. I also had to show it (the card) during disembarkation.

However. I was not expecting it to randomly light up and buzz during dinner, especially at Worlds of Marvel. That was unexpected and totally awesome. It also light up and vibrated a few times in Arendelle and during fireworks.

So yeah, I'd bring a MB+ on board again for future cruises. With a USB charger, I could plug it in to one of the outlets by the desk mirror at night and still have enough outlets by the bed for my phone and CPAP.

I would get the MB+ if yours are almost a decade old. I was not a fan of charging them (not necessary once paired if you want to use them like the old MBs) or keeping track of them (I check if everyone has theirs on when going out of the room, boarding and getting off the bus and in the pool - they are waterproof, but sunscreen can impact sensors). I would get some neon hair ties to keep them on. The one time DH lost his new Star Wars MB+ while putting the baby carrier on at Fort Wilderness and we/lost&found never located it. Pairing the new ones was a pain and one band never paired (damaged). We did not have time to do the bounty hunting, but kids did like waving to the statues (most of the time this feature wouldn’t work).

So Yes for parks but no way I’m adding more stress to a cruise.

The batteries last a couple of years before loosing some abilities like adding photos

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/long-magic-bands-last-525056/

We used th MB+ this cruise and really liked it. I did have take it off for scanning at ars. Senses just asked for my room number. At Skyline , it changedcolor and vibrated right before the skyline charge. Also during the shows and fire works.

I guess I’m a curmudgeon. I hate seeing the MB+s light up during shows at WDW. It is so distracting. I really wish we could have a world without that (or people using their phones in the dark around other people).

We used th MB+ this cruise and really liked it. I did have take it off for scanning at ars. Senses just asked for my room number. At Skyline , it changedcolor and vibrated right before the skyline charge. Also during the shows and fire works.

Oh! Thanks for the reminder! The MB+ on the Wish would light up and vibrate at Hyperspace Lounge when it would jump to another world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter