Wow - looks packed at MK today! (ride wait times) - April 2nd

We just got back last night from being there all week and I can honestly tell you those were the worst crowds we have EVER seen. Even Figment had a wait time of 50 minutes!!! We were really only able to ride our FP rides and spent the rest of the time watching shows, shopping and figuring out ways to kill time until our next FP. We've done Spring Break week before and have always found it to be manageable. But we'll never do it again if it is the same week as Easter week.

Just to clarify: last week is your usual Spring Break? (It’s ours too). We are planning a trip next year for that week (Easter is much later) and I’m trying to figure out just how skewed this year’s crowds really were compared to previous years.

I'm here now and it's on par for prior spring breaks - I expect it to be busy. I was here 3 weeks ago for my daughters spring break and the wait times were pretty much the same, it's just hotter this week.

It you have patience you can get fastpasses and still have a great time.

I am seeing a competitor of the Dis also post pictures of the FP lines, with Splash Mountains going past the bridge in front it it; and even Monster's Laugh Floor going to the entrance of Tomorrowland!!!

Its really making me sweat for my August trip.

I know I went last year shortly after Pandora opened, and from my experience it absolutely helps soak up crowds.

At this rate, I just need to unplug from the internet until August!
Spring break is right up there with Christmas as one of the busiest times. If anything, have a plan. I'm grateful to know the parks fairly well, so it'll make our touring strategy a bit easier.

Spring break is right up there with Christmas as one of the busiest times. If anything, have a plan. I'm grateful to know the parks fairly well, so it'll make our touring strategy a bit easier.

I'm sure it will be fine! We've only gone in June or August, and we have no children or anything in our group, so we're always able to adjust with no problem!

These Spring Break lines are out of control, summer has NEVER been this bad. Clearly Disney's plan to increase prices to keep people away hasnt worked yet. Or everyone for spring break had already bought their tickets before the hike

We are here now and it’s very crowded but very manageable. Yesterday we were at HS at 9:45. We did our 3 fp and left by 11:45. It was crowded and since it’s our least favorite park we didn’t plan to being there any longer. After our midday break we walked from our room at the Boardwalk to Epcot about 3:30pm. We had a fp for living with the land, did mission space with a 10 minute wait, Nemo with a 5 minute wait and got another fp for soarin at 5:20 and even made it to dinner at La Hacienda at 5:40. It’s doable if you plan it right! And it’s why we love our midday breaks.

Just to clarify: last week is your usual Spring Break? (It’s ours too). We are planning a trip next year for that week (Easter is much later) and I’m trying to figure out just how skewed this year’s crowds really were compared to previous years.

Our Spring Break moves around so we never know when it's going to happen until the new calendar comes out for the next year. But it's not unusual for them to pair it up with Easter weekend since most people pull their kids out on Good Friday if school is in session. They don't want to declare it a holiday, but they usually decide to put Spring Break or a professional development day on Good Friday since they know half the kids won't show up for school.

That's insane!!! I'd rather be at my resort swimming. I've always wanted to go in the spring, but maybe not.

Spring is a lovely time to go. It's just that it's Easter week and many schools are closed for spring break.

Early May is a dream. Low crowds, near perfect weather, all holidays and breaks over, schools not out yet.

Those photos are mental.

I suppose the silver lining is many must be thinking 'never again'.

I'm hoping end of July is quieter, but I'm worried that Toy Story Land may bring more people in.

Got to Studios about hour ago. For midday security was long. Guy searching my bag was “too happy” and he says “this is all ok, smile! Wait until TSL opens” then a slight evil laugh.

Glad we left Epcot, MDE FP+ is all gone! You can’t even click it open. Might as well say “No FP+ for you and you and you!”

But there is no problem getting one for ROL! :rotfl2:

D54A0679-9709-4F00-BAA0-27C9429558C9.jpeg

We are here now and it’s very crowded but very manageable. Yesterday we were at HS at 9:45. We did our 3 fp and left by 11:45. It was crowded and since it’s our least favorite park we didn’t plan to being there any longer. After our midday break we walked from our room at the Boardwalk to Epcot about 3:30pm. We had a fp for living with the land, did mission space with a 10 minute wait, Nemo with a 5 minute wait and got another fp for soarin at 5:20 and even made it to dinner at La Hacienda at 5:40. It’s doable if you plan it right! And it’s why we love our midday breaks.
Does the Boardwalk seem fully booked?

https://twitter.com/blog_mickey/status/981245215167086593?s=21

I just saw this tweet. How can the parks be this busy, in the first week of April?

Aside from RnR at 200 and Splash at 160 (I'd say both are about 60 min too high), doesn't look out of the ordinary to me. This is Disney, especially during busy times.

The times of going to Disney and seeing Pirates as a 10 min wait instead of a 60 min wait seem to be about over. We use to go on its a small world just because it was a walk on and it's in the A/C, now the queue regularly extends past the entrance. We use to hop on Spaceship Earth as we were leaving Epcot for a midday break because it would be a 5 min or less wait..now we pass by it because the line is full of people baking in the sun for a 50 min wait.

I'm not saying lines are never short..but long lines are now the norm. To me long lines have been the norm for well over a year now.

Wow! I’m here now with my husband, staying at SSR for the first time (loving it!) and we went to MK today. It’s his second time in WDW and I’ve been here too many times to count. But I’ve never seen it this crowded before. Monsters Inc. and Philharmagic both had over an hour wait! I’m used to those being walk ons. I’ve never been at this time of year, and I was expecting the crowds so I’m not complaining because we are having an awesome time but wow - I’ve never seen it like this.

We got up early to hit MK at rope drop but the bus took over an hour to arrive. The bus attendant (not sure of her official job title) was wonderful. Her name was Angela and we struck up conversation and she gave us an anytime fastpass for Haunted Mansion, which is my husband’s favorite ride! It was some nice pixie dust for our morning. We made it to MK about 45 minutes after RD (8:45am) but we didn’t let that ruin our plans. We were able to do Buzz, the people mover, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, lunch at CHH, Pirates, Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, and of course, Carousel of Progress. By 4:30, my husband and I were tired and a little bit cranky so we decided to head back to SSR. And now here we are, relaxing until dinner at the Turf Club at 7:20!

My husband said that if this was his first time, he doesn’t know if he’d want to come back again. I can understand that for a first timer, this can be totally overwhelming especially with the crowds today. But, we are sill having an awesome time and won’t let the small things ruin our time! Off to Epcot tomorrow :thumbsup2

Also, something I’ve been wondering all day is how many DISers have I seen around without even knowing it? Do any of you ever wonder that too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter