Wow! we could've used that...

Clothespins are good not only for the curtains, but many rooms have the retractable clothesline over the tub. The clothespins are useful in hanging up your swimsuits to dry over the tub.

Wish that I'd invented Ziplocs!

I bought cheap pillows at Dollar General (2/$5) to take in the car and to use at the resort--hate sleeping on pillows that hundreds have slept on. Throw the pillows away when you leave (or leave for Mousekeeping) and pack laundry, souvenirs, etc. in the empty pillowcases.

Get the kids their own fanny packs for their autograph books/pens/ handwipes/handgels/money/etc.

Liquid soap ($.99)--my kids are terrible washing their hands in the room with bar soap.

I hate doing laundry on vacation but I do it at WDW because we are there 11 days and I don't want to over pack because I do have to have room in my suitcase for goodies for my grandkids. I save quarters during the year and than I put them in the tubes that you can get mini m&m's in. The quarters fit perfect. They travel nicely and it saves a trip to the bank.

I looked all over last year for our trip to WDW for the laundry tablets. Where do you find them? I ended up taking the liquid Tide from Target. I put it in a baggy so it wouldn't leak but I would have rather had the tablets.

Moleskin is a life saver! Only I put it on my feet every morning before the blisters start and my feet are great. It does take a couple of minutes in the AM but it is will worth it! I wouldn't use it our first two trips to WDW but I finally gave in last year and tried it. I now tell everyone to use for any trip where there will be alot of walking.

briarberry said:
If you have little ones don't forget to pack a night light for the hotel room. Now my DD is a bit older we take along a small flashlight for her to put beside her bed in case she needs to get up in the night. :wave2:

Just when I thought I had remembered everything THANKS!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

kimis said:
I looked all over last year for our trip to WDW for the laundry tablets. Where do you find them? I ended up taking the liquid Tide from Target. I put it in a baggy so it wouldn't leak but I would have rather had the tablets.

They don't make them anymore. Tide used to but discontinued them. Last year I bought a small package of powder detergent. I measure out a loadful into a zip lock baggie then put those ziplock bags into a larger ziplock w/ some bounce sheets........

A couple of things I always pack are:

A small screwdriver kit for eyeglasses, sunglasses and putting batteries in the new toys.

A small sewing kit that has needle, thread, scissors, a button, and safety pins.

A small first aid kid with every known drug to man in it plus insect repellant wipes, bandaids, first aid cream, a small flashlight(incase accident happens at night), hand sanitizer, and Hunters handwarmer packets. I noted someone saying they used them in the winter but they are also excellent to use for aching muscles and feet. It's like having an instant heating pad.

Bekool or migraine pads with small scissors...These are gel sheets used for fevers or migraines but work wonderfully for an overheated person. Just cut a piece off and place on the back of the neck, inside the wrists, or on the forehead. The ones I use don't contain any medicine so it is safe to use on adults or children.

Suction cup hooks for wet clothes. I push them on the wall in the shower and hand swimsuits on them.

I also take power strip, extension cord, shoe organizer, ponchos, ziplocks, and put it all in the what-if suitcase.

Hi My name is Maddi and I suffer from OCD :wave:

KimberlyC said:
I haven't read the whole thread, but here's the answer to your query...

CVS, Rite Aid, Walmart, Meijer - in the pharmacy areas near the ear plugs. I won't fly without them, EVER! My DNiece (12) was holding her ears on the plane ride last week, I asked her if she was in pain and she was. I gave her a pair and she agreed it was better. They minimize the pain from presssure in the ear during takeoff and landing. They are soft plastic earplugs in a screw type shape, $4-$5 per pair and they have them for kids too.

I have been looking everywhere for kid-sized Ear Planes and I can't find them anywhere. Do you know where I can find them? Thanks!

We are getting ready for our 10th family trip to WDW so we have been doing this for a while. You must take your own snacks, bottled water and extra water, small boxed cereals, fashlight, large and small ziplocs, detergent already measured, cheap disposable poncho's (3pk @ dollar tree for $1.00), a backpack that is clear (beats the wait w/ the security and they love them too), mini-fans w/mister, sunscreen, meds of all kinds you may ever need while there (beats paying 4 times the price if you need it) if you are prone to migraines like myself make sure to call your doctor and ask for a few pain killers for the trip, plenty of film or a digital camera, two pairs of worn tennis shoes and plenty of socks, two bathing suits so you don't have to put on a wet one (that is the worst feeling to me), and a great attitude. I have many more but that is all of the top of my head. I also put a folding laundry basket in my closet and fill it with stuff all year while we are waiting to go again to WDW. This is great when you find stuff on clearance and it is full by the time we go again. My kids are getting older now 11 and 8 so instead of the autograph book we take a cheap white pillow case and let the characters to sign it all week. Make sure that you have a small hard back book to put in the middle of the pillow case and have it ready to go with the black sharpie for the character. Make it flat and twist the rest so it is easy for the characters to sign. This will be our third trip w/the pillow cases and it is great to bring home and the kids can sleep while they dream of WDW. I have washed ours for two year now and you can still see the characters' names. Hope this is useful for some of you. If I think of anything else I will add to it.

Heather
ADHELOVES WDW
85 more days till our 10th trip to WDW

kimis said:
I got ours at Walmart but their not Tide. They are made by Purex.

For the person who asked about earplanes, I purchased my DD's at Walmart as well.

adhelove said:
i My kids are getting older now 11 and 8 so instead of the autograph book we take a cheap white pillow case and let the characters to sign it all week. Make sure that you have a small hard back book to put in the middle of the pillow case and have it ready to go with the black sharpie for the character. Make it flat and twist the rest so it is easy for the characters to sign. This will be our third trip w/the pillow cases and it is great to bring home and the kids can sleep while they dream of WDW. I have washed ours for two year now and you can still see the characters' names. Hope this is useful for some of you. If I think of anything else I will add to it.
Heather
ADHELOVES WDW

Wow, what a neat idea!!! :thumbsup2 :yay:

chanda7 said:
Google Mooncup or Divacup and you'll never need to carry tampons again ;)

Did google them....look very interesting......
Anyone have any comments/experiences/likes/dislikes/input on them? :blush:

I don't think I'd like it very much...doesn't seem too appealing to me.

I like to request the free samples online of laundry detergent and just toss those premeasured packs into my suitcase.

There's lots of great free samples out there that are perfect travel sizes.

adhelove said:
We are getting ready for our 10th family trip to WDW so we have been doing this for a while. You must take your own snacks, bottled water and extra water, small boxed cereals, fashlight, large and small ziplocs, detergent already measured, cheap disposable poncho's (3pk @ dollar tree for $1.00), a backpack that is clear (beats the wait w/ the security and they love them too), mini-fans w/mister, sunscreen, meds of all kinds you may ever need while there (beats paying 4 times the price if you need it) if you are prone to migraines like myself make sure to call your doctor and ask for a few pain killers for the trip, plenty of film or a digital camera, two pairs of worn tennis shoes and plenty of socks, two bathing suits so you don't have to put on a wet one (that is the worst feeling to me), and a great attitude. I have many more but that is all of the top of my head. I also put a folding laundry basket in my closet and fill it with stuff all year while we are waiting to go again to WDW. This is great when you find stuff on clearance and it is full by the time we go again. My kids are getting older now 11 and 8 so instead of the autograph book we take a cheap white pillow case and let the characters to sign it all week. Make sure that you have a small hard back book to put in the middle of the pillow case and have it ready to go with the black sharpie for the character. Make it flat and twist the rest so it is easy for the characters to sign. This will be our third trip w/the pillow cases and it is great to bring home and the kids can sleep while they dream of WDW. I have washed ours for two year now and you can still see the characters' names. Hope this is useful for some of you. If I think of anything else I will add to it.

Heather
ADHELOVES WDW

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE this idea!!!! I was trying to think of a way of doing T-shirts like this easily but the pillowcase idea is BETTER!! I think I want one for myself too!!!

I wish I had brought plastic bags so when I went to a buffet and didn't finish it all I could just stick it in a plastic bag to save for a snack later! Oh well I'll have the chance in August popcorn::

So many great suggestions! I've added many of these ideas to my own list.

Some of the top items on my own list:
• More sunscreen than I think I'll need.
• Handi-wipes.
• Ponchos from Target. (The disposable, under-a-dollar kind.)
• An extra pair of cheapo sunglasses, just in case I lose mine.
• Ziploc bags--they have so many uses, as others have noted. (I buy the off-brand ones at the dollar store.)
• Facial cleansing cloths. On the days that are really sticky, a quick wash/rinse (with soap!) really perks me up until I can get back to the room. (DH won't use them, prefers just to splash water on his face.)
• A pedometer. Okay, it's geeky, but I love knowing why I'm so tired the next day. :teeth:
• A yoga strap, and a mat if it will fit in the luggage I'm carrying. No matter how tired I am at the end of the day, just a few minutes of stretching makes me feel better. (You can use a beach towel in a pinch.)

We like to catch the parades/shows/fireworks and are willing to claim our spot well in advance, so we also like to bring:
• A picnic blanket that has a fabric side and a weather-resistant side. We put it in a locker until we're ready to claim our parade spot. Then one person gets the blanket while the other person waits. I've noticed that people are less likely to crowd your party if it's clearly marked. Plus, even having a little extra padding helps. We've even used the blanket for picnic lunches in the parks when seating is scarce. You can bring this item as a carry-on and use it as a pillow, too.
• Some down-time activities for while we're waiting. We have a deck of mini-cards with Mickey Mouse on them, courtesy again of the dollar store (I love those places). We also like Uno and Skip-bo. We've found that spending time waiting and people-watching is fun, but playing an activity together is good, too, as it prevents us from wanting to buy yet another snack. (Well, most of the time.)

we found a card game of '20 questions' that was just a deck of cards.. that worked well for passing time in the lines without requiring alot of 'bits' :)

briarberry said:
If you have little ones don't forget to pack a night light for the hotel room. Now my DD is a bit older we take along a small flashlight for her to put beside her bed in case she needs to get up in the night. :wave2:

My mom found a great light for DD at Walmart (I think). It's disney princess themed and is a flashlight, but then you can pull the end out and it becomes a lantern that can sit by her bed. It's adjustable so you can do a little or a lot of light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter