XL/Travek City file for administration

Am listening to the Chairman's interview on the TV and one thing that really makes me mad is that operations in France and Germany will not be affected, I don't understand this at all.

4 of our Guests for our daughters Disney Wedding on the 22nd September are booked with TCD. Including the Maid of Honour. They were due to fly out in 7 days.....don't know what will happen now.:confused3

Truely gutted at the moment

16 of us fly out on Sunday with Virgin and the others are due out various days following.

Kim

My thoughts go out to all who are affected by this. :sad2:

But selfishly for all of us - without a doubt this is going to mean that the prices of holidays to Florida are going to rocket - less seats available and other companies will not want to take the risks now that they have had the warning of what has happened to XL.

I can't agree with that, some budget companies are still making good profits and will continue to do so. I think they will see this as an opportunity.

We were due to fly from Glasgow to Sanford on MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot get through via phone, ATOL website keeps crashing - don't have a clue whats happening,
We will get our money back (friends booked their holiday through Seguro so they went through all this yesterday).
But the fact is we were so looking forward to this holiday - waited for 2 years, had all our ADRs booked through free dining.
Absolutely gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 of our Guests for our daughters Disney Wedding on the 22nd September are booked with TCD. Including the Maid of Honour. They were due to fly out in 7 days.....don't know what will happen now.:confused3

16 of us fly out on Sunday with Virgin and the others are due out various days following.

Kim

Really feel for you both and others too with trips soon. :grouphug:

Am listening to the Chairman's interview on the TV and one thing that really makes me mad is that operations in France and Germany will not be affected, I don't understand this at all.

Unfortunatly they are probably seperate companies and just because one company in a group goes doesn't mean the other have to but it doesn't seem right but thats business :sad2:

:grouphug: to all affected and to those poor people who thought they were flying back from Sanford to Manchester and have now been diverted to Paris. With the Channel tunnel closed I wouldn't dancy trying to get back from there today :scared:

Kim

Kim,
If you read this have sent you an email :)

Also hoping everyone else manages to sort something suitable.

Claire ;)

Hi Grumpy here

I keep trying to remind myself that its not the worst thing that can happen and that its not like Disney are out of business but when you save for 2 years, make plans, book stuff you have always wanted to do......................and then you wake up to hear those plans are in tatters a mere 3 days before you go.......well its just horrible.

I may well be posting several rambling upset messages over the next few hours :sad1:

Hi Grumpy here

I keep trying to remind myself that its not the worst thing that can happen and that its not like Disney are out of business but when you save for 2 years, make plans, book stuff you have always wanted to do......................and then you wake up to hear those plans are in tatters a mere 3 days before you go.......well its just horrible.

I may well be posting several rambling upset messages over the next few hours :sad1:

Cant imagine how you are feeling, very upsetting, especially when you have little ones :hug:

Hi Grumpy here

Grumble away - that is what we are here for :hug: Is it possible for you to try rebook ?

My heart goes out to all those families with young children who have waited years for this but now it won't happen. What infuriates me most is i phoned only 2 weeks ago to confirm the position and was told that they had no real issues and had decided to stop the barbados flights to help cut costs.
Luckily for us we only booked our park tickets with them on our VISA DEBIT card, unfortunately my bank tells me that visa debit cards are not protected only the credit cards, so i am unable to get my park ticket money back, which for a family of 8 means finding over £2000 for our holiday!!!!!:confused3
But who do you blame?????

At least its only park tickets, i really do feel for all those who are in limbo, especially the children.:sad:

Got through to the CAA and the woman said that we should contact Glasgow Airport as they had CAA staff re-booking pending holidays right now and we would still get to go..................seems that was just a load of BS as Glasgow had no clue about this!! Priority I imagine is getting folk back, understandably so. We should get our money back so hopefully we will re-book at some point this year but the dreams are hold at present.

:sad:

Another UK-based Disney board that I'm a member of has set up a specific help-and-advice forum, which already has 1,000 or so messages since early this morning. There's at least one travel professional in there trying to help people re-book, and some villa (vacation home) owners are offering to help people who are stranded.

I hope the mods here won't mind me posting a one-off direct link to the specific TCD-help forum to try and help effected travellers under these unusual circumstances: CLICK HERE. Thanks.

My heart goes out to anyone stranded, or who was due to fly in the next few days.

Andre

I've been monitoring Florida holiday prices with first choice and thomson for the past week or so (I like to compare the price I paid lol). Its all for holidays leaving next week.

all this week holidays have been massivley cheap, fly drives for £250, 2 week 4 star hotel packages for £500 pp etc.

Just looked again now and the prices have shot up to almost double since this morning.

I'm so sorry to all of you affected by this business collapse :grouphug: Especially those of you with celebration holidays planned like weddings and birthdays and the those of you taking your children, I can't imagine how I would explain it to my little ones......
It's often the case when a business is struggling that the board try to run as normally as possible as long as possible so the least people are affected, I'm not sure this is always the best way but sadly it seem to be the way of the world (large high profile businesses don't admit failure easily).
To the staff of the XL group too, it must be awful - many people now have no job in an industry which it clearly suffering in these tighter financial times.
Best wishes all.

I've been monitoring Florida holiday prices with first choice and thomson for the past week or so (I like to compare the price I paid lol). Its all for holidays leaving next week.

all this week holidays have been massivley cheap, fly drives for £250, 2 week 4 star hotel packages for £500 pp etc.

Just looked again now and the prices have shot up to almost double since this morning.

thats terrible :sad2:

After a helpful pointer i looked up visa debit conditions thankfully to find i can claim all my ticket money back, so i phoned the bank only to be told that as its a debit card i can't!!!, i quoted the visa europe conditions and they said the information was incorrect!!!! Alliance and Leicester bite ar5e, useless absolutely useless!!!!!

Where next any ideas???? as its only park tickets will my insurance cover it???

Our thoughts are with everyone affected by this news - what more can I say :grouphug:

It certainly stops you in your tracks though - the flights that I booked online direct with Thomas Cook for our last holiday were not ATOL protected (just checked) - I'll certainly be doing some indepth homework on flight and holiday protection before booking again :sad2:

After a helpful pointer i looked up visa debit conditions thankfully to find i can claim all my ticket money back, so i phoned the bank only to be told that as its a debit card i can't!!!, i quoted the visa europe conditions and they said the information was incorrect!!!! Alliance and Leicester bite ar5e, useless absolutely useless!!!!!

Where next any ideas???? as its only park tickets will my insurance cover it???

give your insurance a ring and see if your covered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter