*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Will be vacationing 05/16 - 05/22! Doing a split stay at CBR the first 3 nights, the next 3 nights are yet to be determined, thinking about waiting to see what kind of Priceline deals pop up. Currently only planning on doing 3 park days, and not going to Epcot, but I'm starting to wonder if one day at DHS will be enough?! We haven't been in about 4 years other than MNSSHP this past October, but looking to have a little more relaxed vacation this time around with days to enjoy the resort. We've gone to universal 3 times in the past 2 years and we always open/close the parks so we don't want to do 4 days back to back...so many options!

Will be vacationing 05/16 - 05/22! Doing a split stay at CBR the first 3 nights, the next 3 nights are yet to be determined, thinking about waiting to see what kind of Priceline deals pop up. Currently only planning on doing 3 park days, and not going to Epcot, but I'm starting to wonder if one day at DHS will be enough?! We haven't been in about 4 years other than MNSSHP this past October, but looking to have a little more relaxed vacation this time around with days to enjoy the resort. We've gone to universal 3 times in the past 2 years and we always open/close the parks so we don't want to do 4 days back to back...so many options!

Just curious, why skip Epcot?
I always get park hoppers so if I want to spend two days at a park for whatever reason, it doesn't have to be two full days. I guess it depends what you want to do at DHS if you need that extra day.

Just curious, why skip Epcot?
I always get park hoppers so if I want to spend two days at a park for whatever reason, it doesn't have to be two full days. I guess it depends what you want to do at DHS if you need that extra day.

Originally we were going to do one day at all 4 parks but we were also going to be staying an extra night. We had to take the last night off though in order to be home for a dance recital. We considered adding a night on to the beginning of our stay but it changed the prices of flights drastically. Epcot was the least interesting of the parks to us the last time we went and we decided rather than do back to back park days it was more important to have rest days in between this time around. We like all the other parks enough to spend an entire day there so adding park hopper just doesn't seem worth it.

Originally we were going to do one day at all 4 parks but we were also going to be staying an extra night. We had to take the last night off though in order to be home for a dance recital. We considered adding a night on to the beginning of our stay but it changed the prices of flights drastically. Epcot was the least interesting of the parks to us the last time we went and we decided rather than do back to back park days it was more important to have rest days in between this time around. We like all the other parks enough to spend an entire day there so adding park hopper just doesn't seem worth it.
* I should add we are going as a group of 7 so we are trying to take everyone's budgets into consideration when it comes to flights/ ticket prices. If it were just up to me I'd do it all but I know I'll be back again.

* I should add we are going as a group of 7 so we are trying to take everyone's budgets into consideration when it comes to flights/ ticket prices. If it were just up to me I'd do it all but I know I'll be back again.

Makes sense. I was just curious.

Like I said, it'll depend on what you want to do at DHS if you need an extra day there. I'm going to split DHS into two days and focus on Star Wars one day and Toy Story Land the other, since I haven't done either yet. I'll also be hopping both days to another park though. I'm sure you could put everything in one day if you planned it out.

we only have 1 day for DHS- only 3 park days all together. we are going for 5 days for my sons 4th bday- and he is finally tall enough to get on the 38" rides!!! so we were so excited to do slinky dog. but my husband is a HUGE star wars fan. we werent planning on doing hoppers because we kinda like a laxed day of a few hrs at the park- a few hrs to swim and nap at the hotel, and then a nice dinner. i do have 1 day as a pool/ disney springs day... i might have to get another park day instead.

is it crazy to think i will be able to get a SDMT fp on 60+2 instead?? planning ADRs so early, and then FP, and then they change everything up on us.. AHHHHHH!! lol.. my DHS day was going to be as go with the flow as possible.. i guess i will see how FP days go.. other option is do MK DAH and then i dont need to buy a 4th day on our park tix.. so much to think about....
Hello, I’ll be making a full intro post soon, but wanted to let you know when I went week of Thanksgiving 2018, I was able to do sdmt at 60+2, with a 5 pm time. I’m sure you’ll be fine in May!

Hello everyone, I’m so happy to have found this board. I just started on this site last week to keep up with the RotR posts and info board, then while poking around, I found a whole lot of May friends! I started reading the posts here yesterday afternoon and finally finished, now feel like I know everyone, and got my first roller coaster ride of the trip with all of @Farro sagas. So sorry for the loss of your kitty and the unfortunate second trip cancellation!

Anyway, about our trip. My wife, 5yo daughter and I will be staying at POP May 16-22. Back in October, I received a pin code email offer for Coronado springs, but had to go by end of year. It was too late to make good ADRs, and I think FP window had already opened. Even tho a Christmas trip would have been great, I decided it wasn’t the right time, then 2 days later, I got a pin code in the mail for spring dates for 20% off room. We picked the 16th to start as it’s a few days after school gets out and before memorial weekend, so it sounded like a perfect time, in conjunction with the crowd calendars. So we booked in oct and only had to wait 3 weeks to make ADRs, which ended up being on the 1 year anniversary of our first and so far only trip to any Disney park ever! So May 2020 will be just our second trip and first time in AK and Epcot.

Since im new to the parks, I like to spend full days in each park taking it all in, so no park hoppers, but we’re planning a full park day in each park and 2 half days, 1 in MK and 1in HS. The HS half day was partly added in hopes that SW would offer FPs before our trip and I’m so glad that’s been announced and the new tiers! The half day will definitely be all Star Wars and I hope RotR remains BG only and will fall in-line with my other plans. I’m gonna try for RotR both days though, just to be safe.

Our Plans/ADRs are:
16 - arrive, but just do QS at POP or DS restaurant.
17 - Tusker House in AK
18 - Hollywood & Vine in HS
19 - 1900 for breakfast/artist point for early dinner. Doing 3 FPs in MKs Adventureland/Frontierland, watch fantasy parade, then dinner at 4, then done for the MK half day. MIL flies in that night, so that’s why early dinner and small park plans.
20 - Garden Grill lunch/Akershus dinner in EPCOT. I’m sure wife/MIL will love the flower and garden festival.
21 - Be our Guest lunch/Cinderella Table dinner in MK for our full day.
22 - Bon Voyage breakfast at the boardwalk hotel after HS.
That’s right, all character meals! Lol. We had so much fun with the 2 we did on our first trip, that I wanted to experience more. We enjoy meeting the characters, but why stand in line for them when you can sit down to a delicious meal and they come see you!

After we leave the kingdom, we’ll spend a couple days at the beach, so we will relax some, just not til the end. Ok, I’ve written a novel, I’ll be here regularly through May!

Hello May friends! For those who have already been during this period I was wondering, how is the light/daylight saving situation? I have seen that the sun sets at 8pm so is 5/6 pm pool break still OK?

Hello everyone, I’m so happy to have found this board. I just started on this site last week to keep up with the RotR posts and info board, then while poking around, I found a whole lot of May friends! I started reading the posts here yesterday afternoon and finally finished, now feel like I know everyone, and got my first roller coaster ride of the trip with all of @Farro sagas. So sorry for the loss of your kitty and the unfortunate second trip cancellation!

Anyway, about our trip. My wife, 5yo daughter and I will be staying at POP May 16-22. Back in October, I received a pin code email offer for Coronado springs, but had to go by end of year. It was too late to make good ADRs, and I think FP window had already opened. Even tho a Christmas trip would have been great, I decided it wasn’t the right time, then 2 days later, I got a pin code in the mail for spring dates for 20% off room. We picked the 16th to start as it’s a few days after school gets out and before memorial weekend, so it sounded like a perfect time, in conjunction with the crowd calendars. So we booked in oct and only had to wait 3 weeks to make ADRs, which ended up being on the 1 year anniversary of our first and so far only trip to any Disney park ever! So May 2020 will be just our second trip and first time in AK and Epcot.

Since im new to the parks, I like to spend full days in each park taking it all in, so no park hoppers, but we’re planning a full park day in each park and 2 half days, 1 in MK and 1in HS. The HS half day was partly added in hopes that SW would offer FPs before our trip and I’m so glad that’s been announced and the new tiers! The half day will definitely be all Star Wars and I hope RotR remains BG only and will fall in-line with my other plans. I’m gonna try for RotR both days though, just to be safe.

Our Plans/ADRs are:
17 - Tusker House in AK
19 - 1900 for breakfast/artist point for early dinner. Doing 3 FPs in MKs Adventureland/Frontierland, watch fantasy parade, then dinner at 4, then done for the MK half day. MIL flies in that night, so that’s why early dinner and small park plans.
20 - Garden Grill lunch/Akershus dinner in EPCOT. I’m sure wife/MIL will love the flower and garden festival.
That’s right, all character meals! Lol. We had so much fun with the 2 we did on our first trip, that I wanted to experience more. We enjoy meeting the characters, but why stand in line for them when you can sit down to a delicious meal and they come see you!

After we leave the kingdom, we’ll spend a couple days at the beach, so we will relax some, just not til the end. Ok, I’ve written a novel, I’ll be here regularly through May!

Welcome! This sounds great, by the way. We did Tusker House last time and loved it so much we're doing it again on this trip. We also did Akershus last time and thought it was amazing. This time, though, my DD (who will be almost 7 at the time of the trip) says she's "too big" for princesses (she wasn't at age five and half last time, so enjoy it while you can!) so we're not doing that one. Also, FYI, you said "all" character meals; just wanted to make sure you're aware that Be Our Guest isn't a character meal at lunch (but still well worth it - that's another one we're re-doing on this trip; we're going to pick a different part of the castle to eat in this time).

I'm going to assume ROTR is still all BG for the foreseeable future, so I'm glad you have two shots at it. You just never know how reliable it will be.

Welcome! This sounds great, by the way. We did Tusker House last time and loved it so much we're doing it again on this trip. We also did Akershus last time and thought it was amazing. This time, though, my DD (who will be almost 7 at the time of the trip) says she's "too big" for princesses (she wasn't at age five and half last time, so enjoy it while you can!) so we're not doing that one. Also, FYI, you said "all" character meals; just wanted to make sure you're aware that Be Our Guest isn't a character meal at lunch (but still well worth it - that's another one we're re-doing on this trip; we're going to pick a different part of the castle to eat in this time).

I'm going to assume ROTR is still all BG for the foreseeable future, so I'm glad you have two shots at it. You just never know how reliable it will be.

Thanks Roscoe, and yes I did know about the BoG QS no character lunch, but it’ll still be fun to eat in the castle.

I imagine in the future if/when we make it back, we’ll scale back character dinners to maybe one Mickey and friends and maybe 1 other during the trip, but figured we’d get the dining plan this time and go all out. Our daughter is definitely big into princesses and dressing up, so trying to plan which costume to wear each night. Lol.

I agree with you on RotR. At least for now, it seems like if you’re in before park opens, you’ll get a BG, but might get more difficult as they reduce main BGs and open park later.

Thanks Roscoe, and yes I did know about the BoG QS no character lunch, but it’ll still be fun to eat in the castle.

I imagine in the future if/when we make it back, we’ll scale back character dinners to maybe one Mickey and friends and maybe 1 other during the trip, but figured we’d get the dining plan this time and go all out. Our daughter is definitely big into princesses and dressing up, so trying to plan which costume to wear each night. Lol.

I agree with you on RotR. At least for now, it seems like if you’re in before park opens, you’ll get a BG, but might get more difficult as they reduce main BGs and open park later.

Yeah, my daughter had a couple of princess dresses for the last trip - one for our Akershus meal and one for the BBB. Which reminds me, are you doing a BBB appointment for your daughter? Despite her being too cool for princesses now she definitely wants to do that again - it was one of her best experiences of the last trip.

Yeah, my daughter had a couple of princess dresses for the last trip - one for our Akershus meal and one for the BBB. Which reminds me, are you doing a BBB appointment for your daughter? Despite her being too cool for princesses now she definitely wants to do that again - it was one of her best experiences of the last trip.
That's a good question. I almost sprang for it on the first trip. I don't think we will and it's mainly because she hates anyone trying to do her hair. Would hate to spend all that money only for her to freak out and not get anything done at all. I know there's more to it than that, but it is a big part and if they did that first, it could be bad. This might be a "wait til you're older and can appreciate it" type experience for her. However, if my MIL wants to pay for it when we're down there, then she can do it. haha. I'm not expecting that to happen though either.

Our Plans/ADRs are:
17 - Tusker House in AK

We are staying at Caribbean the 17-22 and it seems like some of our plans coincide!!! It is my sons 4th birthday so i was able to talk my husband into 5 nights at the world!!!
We are doing lots of character meals too!! 1 Id add on there, since you are staying on the skyliner route, is Breakfast a la art with Mickey at Topolinos in Riviera!! We added it after hearing all the amazing reviews!!!
We have planned:
Artist Point- Im a HUGE snow white fan and my son loves grumpy!!
1900 Park Fare Breakfast- Characters are too good to pass up!!
pirates and pals fireworks cruise
Toppolinos Breakfast- gotta have a mickey & friends meal!!

we also have a lot of non character meals planned- sebastions, homecomin, trex, ohana..

we are doing 3 park days out of the 5- skipping Epcot this year, and 1 day in each of the other parks, with a rest day, and a springs day in between!! happy planning!!!

Hello May friends! For those who have already been during this period I was wondering, how is the light/daylight saving situation? I have seen that the sun sets at 8pm so is 5/6 pm pool break still OK?

I’d think so. If I remember correctly it doesn’t start getting dark until 730/8 and won’t be really dark until 9ish. The pools are all heated anyway.

We are staying at Caribbean the 17-22 and it seems like some of our plans coincide!!! It is my sons 4th birthday so i was able to talk my husband into 5 nights at the world!!!
We are doing lots of character meals too!! 1 Id add on there, since you are staying on the skyliner route, is Breakfast a la art with Mickey at Topolinos in Riviera!! We added it after hearing all the amazing reviews!!!
We have planned:
Artist Point- Im a HUGE snow white fan and my son loves grumpy!!
1900 Park Fare Breakfast- Characters are too good to pass up!!
pirates and pals fireworks cruise
Toppolinos Breakfast- gotta have a mickey & friends meal!!

we also have a lot of non character meals planned- sebastions, homecomin, trex, ohana..

we are doing 3 park days out of the 5- skipping Epcot this year, and 1 day in each of the other parks, with a rest day, and a springs day in between!! happy planning!!!
That is going to be one exciting birthday! 😃 After reading Tom Brickers (disneytouristblog.com) review of Toppolinos, I almost switched meals around, but I already had 3 Mickey meals planned and didn't have a very good way to adjust other plans, especially since character is breakfast only. If it had been at dinner, I would have cancelled Hollywood & Vine to do it as we've already done H&V. So...i left it as a definitely next time option. I am most looking forward to the Mary Poppins breakfast (Daughter loves Mary and dressed in her park scene dress for Halloween. She doesn't know about this detail of the trip so that'll be a fun surprise) at 1900 and 7 Dwarfs at Artist Point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter