Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for "V"! December 9-16 Commandeering the Magic!New pg6!

lillygator

DIS Veteran
Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life For “V”! December 9th~16th Commandeering the Magic!

Ahoy thar mateys!

This here be the first Pirate sea report I’ve done ~ I’m usually weighing anchor on those land lubber reports over on the “other” section of the board. Ye be readin’ about grand lubber times at the most magical place on earth as well as our quest to commandeer the Disney Magic. Savvy?

So kick back, grab ye rum and get to readin’ ~ or ye be walkin’ the plank!

Arrr! pirate:

First and foremost let me introduce the band of pirates, wenches, lasses and princesses……

pirate: Outlaw (added just to please Charming hope he’s not reading) Captain Skull Crusher Smith ~ 42 in pirate years, Captain of the household (little does he know), grand adventurer, wickedly handsome, must not be near as bad as his name implies, after all he traded in his trusty parrot for three princesses, likes chests – treasure chests! (aka: Charming, John, Johnny, Daddy, Da Da)

pirate: & princess: Buckle Swasher Busty Bertha ~ 32, Captain of all things, especially Disney, keeps close tabs on all said chests – treasure chests!, an overall buckle swashing good time lass. (aka: V, Mommy)

princess: Cannon-balls Augusta ~ 4, 16 in pirate years, 12 in princess years, mostly princess yet thar be signs of pirate wicked temperament. (aka Samantha)

princess: Blind Flora Drake ~ 22 months, 4 in pirate years (as she thinks she can do anything the big pirates can do) also blessed with the wicked pirate temperament. (aka Haley)

them thar be the main pirate, lass and princesses for our journey, but as any band of pirates, we be meetin’ up with a couple more wenches and pirates for our swashbuckling land lubber portion of our journey.

princess: Lass Sylvie Von Hildegard ~ 76, very "proper" and quick to give her opinion, sailed over from the mothership and still has her green card. Some pirate blood be runnin’ as she is the mother of Wench Wicked Wilma. (aka Grandma – mine, Great Grandma – the princesses)

pirate: Wench Wicked Wilma ~ 52, she wrote the Way to Wench handbook in a former life ~ I am not kidding. Mother of Skull Crusher Busty Bertha and Wench Jelly Legs. (aka Mom – as in mine, Grandma to the princesses)

pirate: Wench Jelly Legs ~ 21 (finally!), sister of Buckle Swasher Busty Bertha, is coming out with a new Way to Wench handbook and is sharpening said skills on CDD. (aka Amber)

pirate: Cannibal Dagger Dan ~ 25, not sure he can really be called a pirate, more a bull, as he has a ring in his nose and is led around by Wench Jelly Legs. (aka Shannon)

pirate: Peg Leg Bernard Mauvebeard ~ 52, very fit for a pirate, father of BSBB, works out way too much and generally more on the laid back pirate side. (aka Dad – as in mine)

pirate: Tiny Jezebel Cookingnaught ~ uknown age, knows how to pillage and plunder and party, wench to Peg Leg Bernard. (aka Pat)

If you haven’t read my WDW trip reports, nor seen me around posting, well ye be walkin’ the plank as well! (No really, if you need further background on these crazy pirates, I suggest looking there!)

Also ~ this trip report can not be completed without mentioning my fellow band of DIS pirates:

(*in no particular order)

Dan&emsmom, mmccarth2, momofpandn, ds2mom, mommyof4, bubeez, woj68, shelleyg, Dh Chrisva, Castlepixie, KCGoofy, elaineteresa, TanaL, goofyforlife, goofyforgoofy, GoofyFD, pjpoohbear, 87Heel, pyramid2000, Klineyqueen, virginiamama, DisNeed, MrsMork, DrHugs, bubbasmom99, Disneyjamie, ruley3, ChiFiveO, becka, MicePins, BuzzBoyMom, TheAdamsFamily, dsharpe, slindamood, DisneyVegas1, melissalv29, magicbride2b, lbgraves (our Leader!), MommyMinnie, momof1inmo, Tynkerbell, Jhalkias (the Big Banana or Mr. 60K), waltsgirl (a true saint), disneyfan21, Brack, princessy, Kimerinc, Bella2000, Mumoftwopirates, gggpack

Pre trip:

Been planning this trip ~ ok booked ~ since August of ’05 ~ long wait right? Well we did go on DCL this same time last year so not too bad. This here be a much different adventure….this journey calls for a two night stay at Disney, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and a seven night passage with two stops to Castaway Cay where not only arrr we planning to commandeer the Magic, but the Flying Dutchman as well.

Been fortunate enough to become a part of a DIS band of pirates (see above) known as the “DIS Geeks” – (I had no part in the name, not very piratey and I for one, am not a geek in any way shape or form) Little do they know upon boarding thar be no turning back, matey’s! Rough waters ahead!

We’ve been chatting for months (years in some cases!), planning, stressing, staying up until 3 am to book Palo reservations, (“pirates take what they can”) sharing banana and coconut fetishes, chatting, planning, planning and planning discussing pot pies with crusts or no crusts, bathroom bats, techie speak, quantum physics, if underwire bras set off airport security detectors, 7 day 7 dwarves adult pack undies, packing lists, how many bags to bring and more planning . Security has been forewarned that the terminal on December 9th 2006 will be overrun with above said band of pirates tailgating in the parking lot, racing to see who gets to the terminal first, waving pirate flags, touting Mickey head posters, dragging coolers, inflatable dolls, pirate costumes, toga accessories and anything else needed for grand adventures on the high seas. (and oh yes, this promises to be a GRAND adventure – or my name isn’t V, err, Buckle Swasher Busty Bertha!)

DIS Geek pirate motto: “TAKE WHAT YOU CAN!” (or is it bananas and coconuts?)

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate’s life for V! (with some Bad Girl moments for good measure)

Ye be warned!!!

Monday November 27th, 2006 ~ The 10 day panic has started to set in….what do I still have left to do before the cruise…

Tux ordered: check
DD’s pirate costume: check
Ship box to the port: no check
Put together “GEEK” goodies: no check
Finish packing: no check

Budgets, hmm, I see many a post on the main boards about what was spent on the cruise….how about what you spend just getting stuff together FOR the cruise?

Pirate costumes
Tux rental
Port Parking
DIS Goodies
Cruise Baskets
New swim suit
Cover up for new swimsuit
Spanx
New cocktail dresses
Magnet Paper
New ink cartridge after printing all the door magnets in vivid color
Duct Tape
Bananas and coconuts
Blow up pirate doll
Pirate flags
Dress shoes for the princesses as their feet cannot stay one size more than a ½ hour
Princess Costumes

Oh and little things like gas to the port and tolls on the way…….I started adding all this up and quickly stopped….

Tonight was the assembly of DIS goodie bags to be handed out at the port, nothing fancy just lime green leis for everyone in our group as well as a Mickey Head name magnets for everyone’s door. I thought an easy way to get the “family” together would be to put all the lei’s and magnets for each family in a bag and label it by the main DIS user id. Things were smooth sailing ~ until I ran out of lei’s!! Arrrr!! (and no becka, it wasn’t bad math….we had a few late comers remember?)

Thursday November 30th, 2006 ~ major pixie dust day ~7 DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE….panic is really setting in. I wake up to call Wench Wilma and confirm that we can indeed bunk with her at CBR and that I will be canceling my reservation at the Poly. (long story short, no AP discounts nor Fl resident rates and I would rather save the rack rate $$ for the cruise) I get to work with a resort monkey on my back that I just can’t shake. Called Disney and spoke with CM Ruby, who remembered me by my email address – go figure, before I canceled she checked once more for an available room only to find that there was space for 4 for 2 nights at ALL STAR MUSIC!! Wow, that bucket of pixie dust just knocked me out of my chair! She was amazing, kept my entire reservation number the same and left the balance as a room credit. (FYI, the deposit I paid for the one night at the Poly covered two nights at ASM and gave me a $200 credit - ASM was a FL resident rate) One thing off my “to do” list today and feels much nicer knowing that we have a break from Wench Wilma and Lass Sylvie. Being boxed in a small room with family can never be a good thing.

~V TIP~ never give up! I have tried almost daily to change resorts with no luck until now!

Ordered more of the lime green lei’s and had to give my first born in shipping charges. They will arrive on December 5th, plenty of time for me to finish up and pack them in the car.

~V TIP~ always order more DIS goodies than you think you need. There are always some latecomers.

Thursday December 7th, 2006 ~ Pirate law #11 ~ No pirate shall ever wear a "fanny pack"

The day has finally arrived, no, no, no not THAT one, the day we head over to Disney World! …a strange travel day for me. But we grab our treasure map and head on over to the World …. Since we are only staying two nights I wanted to really relax before heading off to the cruise. Last year we attended MVMCP the night before we cruised and I vowed we would not do that again. It was just too much in too little time and we awoke tired and cranky.

This day was a tad overcast and chilly, ok, cold. I had wanted to be on the road by 7 or so and be at a park opening. Did. Not. Happen. We left at 9:10am and missed getting rained on by a fraction of a second, as our car doors shut, the sprinkling came. Oh no, I forgot to print off all my WDW dining reservation information…..I know they could print it there but I wanted my own….it had “notes”. The computer took forever to load back up and after a good 10 minutes we were now are on way. After $51.50 in gas and $7.85 in snacks, we were finally on the interstate at 9:40am, still sprinkling and a cold 65°. As always when you are in a hurry everyone seems to be cow pokin’ around you. It seems there was some hybrid mouse convention going on, and can I just say – get a move on, we have a vacation to get to! We arrive to All Star Music and pull up to the drop off point and I run in to check in…. appears the pokey people from the interstate may have beaten us here, the running is quickly halted. Finally my turn, arrrr room was not ready so the CM gave me a packet of info and a card to call to find out our room number.

Now it’s around lunch time (wasted day huh?) and not wanting to tire ourselves out before the party tonight we head over to the Boardwalk. We valeted and wandered around to look at the decorations before hitting the "boardwalk".

Decided on ESPN club for lunch – can you believe they had JUST opened and noooooooo video game booths were available!! The main room was closed off….the Busch drivers were in there. Ohhh! They also had a race car outside for photo ops. Sweet….unfortunately, we did not take advantage.

We perused the menus and found the “healthy” kids menu has been added to ESPN! (lots of debate about this one on the restaurants board) For $7.49, kids get one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert. The apps were side salad with onions and tomatoes OR celery sticks with no-fat ranch dressing, the entrée’s were two chicken strips, two mini burgers, mac and cheese OR all beef hotdog all coming with a ½ ear of corn (and yes I saved the menu)….now is it just me or do the appetizers not go along with the entrée’s in terms of healthiness? No matter….it’s vacation. French fries can be substituted on request, or so the menu says.

Drinks all around, John ordered a Bud (weiser), Samantha a “climb the walls immediately” Sprite, Haley a milk and me, well, a glass of Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio.
IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

Samantha ordered the side salad with bleu cheese and the chicken strips. Must have been decent, all was eaten, maybe not all by Samantha….
IMG_3015.jpg

John ordered the Extreme Reuben with fries. It was finger licking good.
IMG_3016.jpg

Me, the Boo-Ya Chili. The chili was TERRIBLE. It was like watered down soup with a bit of beef here and there.
IMG_3017.jpg

Haley had a smorgasbord tasting a tad of everything.
Check out how many highchairs they had to stack just so she could sample! Now I know where all the WDW highchairs arrrr!! (we've dined at WDW several times with no available high chair!!)
IMG_3014.jpg

I didn’t say anything but the waitress noticed the chili wasn’t eaten and asked me if I liked it and I told her not really ….she took it off the bill. After the DDE discount the total came to $30.66 before tip.

Had to get Rexie on the way out.
IMG_3018.jpg

It's at this point I realize I am at the time crunch to cancel the Wonderland Tea Party for tomorrow. I booked it for Samantha but realize it messes up the whole day since it's at 1. I look for my phone and realize it's not there!!! I run up to the concierge desk at the Boardwalk, they are able to look it up and cancel it for me. Thank goodness!!

Since that is taken care of we walk around the BW a bit more....
IMG_3023.jpg

I had to take this...Samantha said - "look Mom, a Christmas bench!" Now there is not a hint of tinsel, wrapping, ribbon or anything on this bench...more like a Grinch bench if you ask me, but in her mind it was a Christmas bench.

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

While I was taking this picture, John was at the valet stand and the girls managed to unscrew two of the nice Boardwalk signature lightbulbs. Lovely. I could not get out of there fast enough. Bad Girls!

By this time our room was ready so we headed on back to All Star Music. Our room was in that same dreaded Country Fair section we had prior this year. What on earth were they thinking with that color?

We got to our room and already had towel animals in our window and one on the bed. I guess the people prior to us are of the “don’t take the towel animal” variety.
IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

Got everyone settled and we all napped….to the tune of late for dinner nap. Our dinner reservation at the Plaza was for 4:30pm, we left ASM at 4:30pm….lucky we had our own car or would have taken much longer! By the time we parked, trammed, monorailed, presented tickets and dashed to the Plaza it was 5:15pm. We still had a good 20 minute wait before we were called.

While we were waiting GGrandma and Grandma showed up. I had on my Jessica Rabbit Santa hat complete with mistletoe. I thought my Grandma was going to go nuts for it. We went in to eat and she went on a shopping mission to find the hat.

We had not dined at the Plaza before and I must say I was less than impressed and do not consider it the “hidden jewel” as many on the DIS do. Our waitress took forever to even come to get our drink order which consisted of Coke, Diet Coke, Orange Juice and Milk. John wanted to wash his hands – Avast! The Plaza has no restrooms!!! Wow! Wipes will have to do.

For dinner John got the burger….

IMG_3029.jpg

Samantha the kids grilled cheese complete with grapes….(making a face!)
IMG_3030.jpg

Me, the cheese steak….

IMG_3031.jpg

And Haley, once again mooched off our plates.

The food was ok, nothing fantastic. Would have loved to try a shake but by the time dinner was over we were more than ready to high tail it out of there.

As we were finishing up, Wishes was starting. We went outside and had a pretty nice view of the fireworks. Then it was mad chaos. Since MK was not closing before the party this year – the CM’s were directing those without wristbands out of the park. We were only allowed to enter MK via Tommorrowland after leaving the restaurant. I was not thrilled with that option…..arrrr!!

~V TIP~ I said it last year and I didn’t follow my own tip! Table service on a party night is really a bad idea. The restaurants are busy and the kids are anxious to get out there and party! Next year we will be doing counter service on party night.

We were planning to meet up with DIS’erswaltsgirl and Jhalkias (Amy, John1 and DD Sophie) at 7:30 in front of the castle for the “Celebrate the Season” stage show. We had a bit of time before hand so we wandered from Tommorrowland to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan, It’s a Small World and the Pooh ride before heading to the castle forecourt.

I thought there was a “mini” meet, as in other families from our cruise meet thread, but it ended up being just the seven of us, which worked out great. We watched the stage show
IMG_3036.jpg

and then wandered around together….can’t remember everything we rode but Sophie and Samantha could not get enough of Thunder Mountain. We were not very good in our park meandering as we seemed to go from one end to the other quite frequently. Stopped in to get hot cocoa and cookies and this year they also had apple slices and juice….I don’t remember that from last year but it was a nice extra.

We went to toontown so the girls could ride Goofy’s Barnstormer…..it was at this point Haley needed her diaper changed. I scooped her up, grabbed the backpack and luckily Pete’s Garage housed a restroom. OMG, talk about an explosion! Of course I had no extra clothes for her….so I took off my pirate sweatshirt, wrapped her up, ran over and told Amy what happened and went into Cornelius Coot’s County Bounty to see what I could find. Luckily they had a nice soft fleece pink Minnie sleeper that zipped up both sides and for $25.56, was on my way. The wonderful CM cut the tags off and led me to a dressing room. Crisis averted….arrrr!

After barnstorming we made our way over to Frontierland….I think, after a week long party on the cruise, it’s a tad hard to remember. Amy, Haley and I were waiting for the Mountain railroaders as the special fireworks were going off….pretty neat when they completely surround you…I was chatting so, I must admit I wasn’t paying close attention to the “show”. My sister and her boyfriend were on Splash Mountain (are they NUTS? It was freezing!) and my mom called, got our location and finally found us. Apparantly great grandma had been to every merchandise shop in the Magic Kingdom and failed to find the Jessica hat. She settled on a weird Mickey snowman which looks like a melting bobble head when you walk with it. Now, it serves as a toilet roll cover in her extra bathroom??!!

My mom ended up taking Haley back to the room, which turned out great. We all wanted to see the 2nd showing of the parade and John1 had a secret spot that we were going to try and hit….unfortunately it was against the MK rules and a CM quickly came and told John1 and John2 that. So John2 and Amy settled in some cozy rocking chairs on someone’s front porch while John1, Sophie, Samantha and I all sat on the ground, right by the ropes….did I mention how cold it was? Well, it was cold….very cold. Somewhere in the midst of the girls trying to decide on which light up toy they needed my sister did a fly by but ran off to get the Snow Price in a picture….see where I rate? One mention of a prince and V’s out the window! I have to admit, I'd do the same...in fact, I would never have even stopped.

I liked the parade…there were several costumes (of the dancers) that I loved!! I decided that if ever I am in the MK Christmas parade I definitely want to be in front of the glass coach which is pulled by some form of miniature horses…(not sure if Shetland ponies or what?) They stopped right in front of us and I don’t think there was one of them that didn’t leave a load….now imagine, dancers come right after that!!! The horror!

IMG_3048.jpg

nice mode of transportation....can I get one to the port? Nah, that would take w-a-y too long!
IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

of course, it isn't a Christmas parade without the head cheese!
IMG_3069.jpg

Once the parade ended those CM's aren't kidding when they say they pick up the ropes rather quickly...I don't think I managed to get off the ground yet and the ropes were already being rolled up. Not sure what we all did after that but we ended up leaving after a while....us to the monorail and John1 and Co on the busses...(I think...they were headed that way...or maybe they went for a nice boatride around the Seven Seas Lagoon to prepare for the cruise!)

Back to the resort and Samantha is out....carrying her the million miles from the car to the room is not much fun....but we manage. DH wants to go get Haley....I send him as I already know my GGrandma will be telling us how "horrid it is to wake her", etc.....she came to our room and was still asleep. All was well. Then mom called and thought the remote was in the stroller....I checked and no luck and since I was a bit wired I went down to tell her. I came back with almost a whole pizza…the supreme from ASM was horrible! DH ate some because he was starved! But I would never order pizza from any of the values!

Then it was lights out. Everyone slept like a rock and had to be roused a bit in the morning.

Friday December 8th, 2006 ~ Pirate law #6 ~ When describing the size of a treasure, a pirate is required to exaggerate by at least 130%. Flowers are not treasure under any circumstances, unless said flowers are made out of gold.

One more sleep ‘til the cruise ~ one more sleep!! We decided to head down to the Music Intermission Food Court for some grub. And what does any good pirate have for breakfast? Why RUM of course! But not wanting to have any onlookers call child services on us we opted for some food. DH had biscuits and gravy along with a breakfast platter, I had a breakfast platter, Haley shared with me as I am not really a breakfast kind of gal….(bring on the rum) and Samantha had chocolate chip pancakes. 2 Cokes and 2 juice boxes and the DDE discount later our total was $24.59. I didn’t take pictures but check out my 2006 trip report adventures and you’ll see lots there.

The platters were ok, the biscuits were hard as a rock. We could have played a pickup game of softball or taken out a few people…..the rest was fine, greasy, but fine. The food court was a complete madhouse. Cheerleaders everywhere. If you didn’t have a headache prior to entering you had one upon leaving. We decided to head back to the room before leaving for Epcot.

We got to Epcot and rented a double stroller by 11:21am.
IMG_3073.jpg

Now, we only brought one umbrella stroller with us as we didn’t have room for the double stroller and I didn’t think we would really need it on the cruise. MISTAKE! My girls are used to riding tandem not right next to each other and it was mayhem from the beginning. Samantha was fine but Haley really wanted no part of it. No matter, strapped her in and began our commandeering of the world.

We came to the main shop at the beginning of the world showcase and my GGrandma had been voicing her opinion on how hard those strollers were and that the girls needed some sort of pillow. Now, they had two blankets and I thought they were fine. $44 and change later, they both had pink princess crown pillows which took up more room than they did.

If I thought last night was cold, today was even more so…and it was WINDY which made it worse. We stopped in Canada for pictures….

IMG_3074.jpg

Made it to France to see Pere Noel…
IMG_3075.jpg

The American Adventure where we stopped to color our masks and my mom bought two of the Precious Moments dolls and had them signed by the owner/artist…I can’t remember how many they had 300,500 or 1200 but the artist told her that some man had come by and wanted to by them all….ughhh, can you say Ebay? They would not sell them to him…Kudos to the Precious Moments team!

IMG_3076.jpg

And then stopped in Germany….it was wine time!!

IMG_3079.jpg

GGrandma
IMG_3077.jpg

Me and GGrandma
IMG_3078.jpg

We all tried a Riesling, ok, the adults….my mom couldn’t finish hers so I had to help her out…no problemo!

Then hit the drums….
IMG_3080.jpg

And then made it to China for an egg roll (or two) and some noodles. This is pretty much the only time I get to eat Chinese food as DH doesn’t like much aside from egg rolls.

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

We played around a bit and then left for Maelstrom!

In line….
IMG_3087.jpg

Got two Fiesta Margarita’s before heading out for the day, it was just too too cold.

We headed back to the resort and had a reservation for Chef Mickey's at 5:10pm....this has been a December tradition for quite a while now....but this year it was broken...we never made it.:guilty:

Instead we decided to go off property....(oh no!!) and ended up at Chili's with my mom and GGrandma....nothing too special....Chili's is well, Chili's....after dinner we hit Walgreens for some last minute cruise supplies and then called it a night.

OK V, you have been home for over 24 hours now. Where is the rest of this thing. I am a bit anxious to see how we are going to be portrayed in this thing. :lmao:

Vanessa, I see what you mean, your Grandmother really is beautiful! Would love to meet her! :)

Great trip report. Disney is so amazing at Christmas! We were there last year. Can't wait to see more. We're headed out in a bit over 3 weeks . .yikes!

Merry Christmas

Saturday December 9th, 2006 ~ Pirate law #12 ~ All foods prepared by a pirate must include rum, grog, or beer. Boone's and other "Wench Punch" is prohibited.

Arrrr!!!! Cruise day is finally here. Was a wee bit excited to get much sleep although me cabin mates did just fine. I had an early wake up call and was up and ready well before the other three even stirred. I basically dressed the girls while they were sleeping and did the best I could with their hair…but hey, pirates didn’t have brushes.

We got the car packed up, girls loaded and pirated some Mickey D’s before heading to Port Canaveral. The girls slept most of the way to the Port which was nice and I was just anxious to get there already.

Before I knew it….there she was……looking just as I remember with the beautiful horizon in the background….we are about to embark on our incredible week long journey…..!

IMG_3098.jpg

We arrived well before the port’s 10 am opening but my dad was already there and soon we had a DIS mini meet going on….becka, micepins, lbgraves, jhalkias, waltsgirl, klineyqueen and probably a couple more. We officially met people we had been conversing and reunited with others. The girls were still asleep but finally Samantha roused for a picture with some DIS kids. (she's the one with the bow.......)

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

This was a bit different than last years setup as we were actually parked in the lot. Last year we were parked but in the exit of the lot ready to go across the street as soon as they opened. Finally the cannons sounded and we were allowed in!

Charming dropped me off ~ see I had a plan….one that has become all too “known” ~ see there are good and bad points to the internet ~ I was going to upgrade. I was literally about the second person in there….boarding pass #2 though. I went to the CC line although I know you are supposed to do something else but last year my wonderful CM in the CC line called down the desk, scored my category 3 and that was that. This year my CM was earning his ears….great….I even asked him to call and he said no, he would check me in and I could move down to the supervisor’s desk. Whatever. I was able to check everyone in my party in with just myself being there…that was nice.

There was someone already in that line – TWO people actually, damn…they might get the room I want. Come to find out later ruley3 was actually in front of me. So we waited…anxiously and finally I had my choice…of a category 4 (I only inquired about 6’s and above)….we were in a 9. The only 6’s left were white wall verandah’s that slept three and no 3’s. To me there is not enough difference in the 6’s and 4’s and since we weren’t allowed a 6 due to having 4 people. I passed. I gathered my bags a bit dejected but saved a wad load of cash – which will come in handy later in the trip.

DH and the girls finally arrive and it looks as though he didn’t check any of our luggage. Haley is strapped in the umbrella stroller but it is so loaded down with stuff it needed to be held a certain way so as not to flip over. I ***** the situation to find Charming brought the dirty clothes bag from our WDW trip! Oh well….

I failed to mention upon check in, I was handed a lovely informative sheet in regards to “sickness”….nice. Anyway….there would be no 11:30am boarding for this sailing. I had volunteered in my DIS group to bring lei’s and Mickey head magnets with names on them. As I stated earlier…I had grouped and bagged these according to family and labeled under the main username. Not a great choice.

~V TIP~ When volunteering one’s self for DIS goodies….make it something generic in format with no “specifics” attached.

So start my chaos for the day…here I have a GIANT Disney store bag filled to hand out. Some people I know, some I recognize, MOST, I have no clue who they are (in person). As I begin my quest to get rid of everything in this bag…I am greeted with stares of “who’s the lady giving out free stuff” while nudging each other as to who is going to come ask me for something….(I did have several kids that weren’t DIS kids who’s parents sent them over to ask me for some goodies) and wary DIS’ers who looked a bit shy about approaching me….so starts my headache for the day. The terminal was PACKED….JAM PACKED. It was announced there would be a late boarding for the day and I had two very misbehaved children I was ignoring, one large bag of goodies to dump, a dad who was asking 50 questions, a Charming who kept disappearing and a partridge in a pear tree.

NOT!

It didn’t help that I had forgotten to print our DIS group manifest that had room numbers, names, usernames on it… I really wanted to be able to give everyone their goodies. Unfortunately I came home with several…and to those who participated and did not receive their bag from me, I truly apologize. I had the best intentions and really wanted to share with everyone.

Again, I thought the terminal was just chaotic. I contemplated opening one of the bottles on wine in our carryon but did not have a glass and was not sure how I would have been received swigging from the bottle….but hey, I did that in front of DIS’ers on our magical Wishes cruise, “drink up me ‘earties Yo Ho!” and that is a pirate law isn't it?

~V TIP~ If your boarding pass is not 1, 2, or 3 WHY are you crowding the line? Back up, we are all going to get on the boat.

I made mental notes to myself during the week and it began here. Unless I really want to upgrade, we are going to arrive at the port around noon or 12:30 or 1….there is no need aside from the “wanting to be there” to be there. Since we had second boarding and there were massive people by the lines were supposed to be forming, we decided to shove ourselves to the front so A, we could hear (the terminal was so packed it was tremendously loud) and B, to board.

FINALLY – get me on the ship already……we boarded…..stopped for a photograph that turned out horrible not to mention with the wrong ports on the border, our names were announced and I let the magic sweep over me….well, for the moment.

It is actually nice getting there past 12:30. No hoard of people and you basically walk right on. I had decided not to try for an upgrade, but arrived early only to met everyone.:goodvibes

Great report V!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter