• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by afff
Are the love stories just a girl thing.......Have any guys spilled the beans?????????

Gus

Well, your wife isn't posting, is she? I think that means it's up to you!

Originally posted by scuba diver
Speaking of trips, DS and I got the okay today to spend Thanksgiving in Coasta Rica white water rafting in the rain forest. Some how the girls did not think that was for them.

Kevin and Alicia, Matt and I are thinking about diving in BC in June. We don't want to miss your next trip to Orlando. Was that going to be in May or June?
Take me to BC too!! So, you decided to really get some use out of that drysuit.

We are planning to go after Alicia gets done with school. To date the plan is to come to Orlando on May 29-30 and stay for a couple of weeks.

One of my older son's (previous marriage) will be meeting us there with his young family for the first week. It would be "bad form" to run off and dive then. So, let's plan a second week trip or two if that doesn't wreck havoc with your BC plans. We are planning to go down to WPB or Daytona for a couple of days diving prior to that too.

Well - Since gaRry is out of town I guess that means you get my version of the story.

Garry was stationed with USMC in Camp Lejuene, NC with my sisters fiance' (& now ex). I was going to college in Indiana. I was scheduled to come home for a weekend from college and My future BIL was cominng home with a friend. Several events kept me at school that weekend, so my good friend went out with SIS and F-BIL & Garry.

Originally posted by Dancind
Well, your wife isn't posting, is she? I think that means it's up to you!

I'm with Scubadiver.........I would just get all the dates and the important details wrong.
I wouldn't want to slip up.

Ok here goes...........we were at an Emergency Services Party. There were Police, Fire and Paramedics there.
( She is with another agency ) She chases bad guys.

She spotted me at the food table ( where else ) and came over to talk to me.
We talked about bad guys and fires and a nationwide across Canada Charity bike ride she was just recently on.

We discussed more ideas for Charity events etc, so we exchanged phone numbers.
This of course involved dinner at a later date and the rest is history.

By the way DW and I went to Vegas a couple of times after getting married.

We hit the jackpot both times we were there.

DD and DS are both Vegas babies.

Guess what.......We haven't been back since.

PS..........Wasn't that romantic?

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Gus

Originally posted by afff

By the way DW and I went to Vegas a couple of times after getting married.

We hit the jackpot both times we were there.

DD and DS are both Vegas babies.

Guess what.......We haven't been back since.

PS..........Wasn't that romantic?

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Gus

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

When I did get to come home my F-BIL gave me a picture of Garry. WOW a man in uniform!!! I knew I had to meet this guy.

Sis was going to NC to do some apartment hunting. I was going to tag along to meet this friend & (to assure F-BIL would have alone time with my sister) I was soooo looking forward to this trip and meeting this guy!!
A couple days before we were to leave I get a call from Garry, his platoon was being sent to Key West for maneuvers related to the Cuban refugees.

I could not believe the luck. Twice now fate had kept us from meeting. I knew I had to meet this guy.

The "friend"Theresa, that went out with him the weekend I couldn't come home told me she liked him. I just about lost it -:crazy: you can't like him I was supposed to meet him, you only went because I couldn't get home....... :crazy: I told her she was not allowed to go out with him again I was supposed to go out with him.

I had just finished my freshman year in college, was helping my sister plan her wedding and was worried about not meeting the man of my dreams. I was stuck in Michigan and he was in Key West with 20,000 Cubans and the USMC.

This is sooooo cool....keep going, Vicki...

Gail, I've never ever met anyone who met their spouse through an ad, another very cool story.

Gus.....I am VERY glad that you are NOT one of my Vegas Men!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
And...just thought I'd tell you...Charlotte's computer is totally broken. PM me if it is really important, I can give you her phone number.

Originally posted by justmestace

Gail, I've never ever met anyone who met their spouse through an ad, another very cool story.

Gus.....I am VERY glad that you are NOT one of my Vegas Men!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
And...just thought I'd tell you...Charlotte's computer is totally broken. PM me if it is really important, I can give you her phone number.

Sorry Stacey......I misread you post.

I thought I read that you were going to call her.

Its OK, its not THAT important.

She actually checked in and sent me a PM a few days ago.
I think she is on vacation and was using a computer from somewhere other then at home.

Well off to bed........Dayshift tommorow.

Gus

Stacey - is that Glenelgmom?

Garry wrote a few letters (we didn't have email) and called once. SOooo we were able to keep in touch, we just hadn't met fave to face. I just didn't understand why Garry & the Marines were needed in KW. (I was 18 and very nieve')sp??

SIS's wedding bride: was fast approaching and Garry was still in KW. :pirate:

The day of the wedding I kept thinking about him, wishing he could be there.
As I was walking down the aisle I spotted that military haircut. My heart was racing @ 50000 BPM. Finally we were going to meet.
Introductions made, I had to go with the wedding party on the traditional ride through town. No we had just met I couldn't leave him..... I couldn't wait until the reception.

Our big Fall Fest is over. Big bonfire, small fire to cook pie molds in. Carved pumpkins. Ate white powdered doughnuts. I'm passing on the pumpkin pie before I puke! ;)

Had an estimate for a fence today. I think we're going to go ahead with it. Will give the beast more freedom to run run run. There goes my Sienna......

OK You asked for it.

At the reception I was not much good as a maid of honor, I wouldn't, couldn't leave Garry.:lovestruc We spent most of the evening talking, dancing (only the slow ones) and just being together.:hug: He had the blueest eye I had ever seen, and a smile that brightened the whole room. I still think he has beautiful blue eyes and he curls my toes when he smiles. :lovestruc

I knew he still had a month of active duty, I just hated to have him leave. It had taken so long for us to actually meet. He waited until Sunday evening to let me know he didn't have to go back to NC he was going to work with the local recruiterfor his last month of active duty. 15 months later he proposed and 7 months later we were married.
It's hard to believe that was all more than 24 years ago. We celebrated our 22 anniversary in May. Our wedding was 1 week before my parents 24th anniversary.
We spent part of our honeymoon at WDW. (when we could have bought a lifetime pass to MK for under $1000.) we are kicking ourselves over not doing that one. Who would have thought we would have been back soooo many times since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter