Air Fryer ?

There is a HUGE difference in the different air fryers!
We had one for a while and then bought one for our daughter in her first apartment in college and neither were as great as the toaster oven/air fryer/convection oven that we have since replaced them with.

They are a bit of a pain to clean, but as many others have suggested, soak it to help with that.
which one do you have that is great?

i finaly got one. i have to say i'm amazed at how something can be cooked without oil and come out so crispy.

we haven't cooked allot yet, still trying it out but dh and ds swear by doing grilled cheese in them, and guiltless 'fried' chicken was great!

super easy to clean.

I have the power air XL and love it. I've used it almost everyday since getting it except two days.
I've made
-chicken tenders, frozen fish, 1/2 chicken, steak, hamburgers, hot wings, frozen butterfly shrimp
-broccoli, broccoli with cheese zucchini, roasted corn on the cob
-bacon
-grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, toasted hamburger buns, toasted Hawaiian type rolls
-homemade bagel pizza, mozzarella sticks
I'm sure there might be more

i ordered 2 air fryer cookbooks from amazon today-not so much for specific recipes but to more familiarize myself with time and temp variations on different ingredients (though the buttermilk fried chicken and 'greek' sweet potato fies w/feta and dill looked pretty tempting).

They are a bit of a pain to clean, but as many others have suggested, soak it to help with that.

That stinks that yours is hard to clean. I have the Powerfryer XL and it is totally dishwasher safe, so it's super easy to clean.

some things I never thought to cook in an airfryer but it actually works really well:

steak (you sear it on the grill and finish it in the airfryer)
hamburgers (just use lots of ventilation for this)
tortilla chips (really, rip up a tortilla and put it in there for like 3 minutes, flip as needed)
reheating pastries
reheating fast food
reheating churros!!!! (nothing more tragic than a churro gone stale)

Getting fruit-soggy cake to be warm and crispy
putting that finishing crunchy touch on mac-and-cheese or casseroles in little ramekin dishes

making any vegetable brushed in olive oil and sea salt an amazing culinary moment. I discovered corn on the cob in the airfryer this weekend... OH MY gamechanger!

Hiya! How long dies it take to regeat Churros? Does it Re-Crisp them? Thank you.

Because of this thread, I bought one. A week later I bought one for my parents. I love it. I have made fried chicken, onion rings, grilled cheese, and every frozen food in my freezer. I reheated egg rolls and they tasted just like they did the night before.

Because of this thread, I bought one. A week later I bought one for my parents. I love it. I have made fried chicken, onion rings, grilled cheese, and every frozen food in my freezer. I reheated egg rolls and they tasted just like they did the night before.
Which one did you get?

I was loving mine but my basket is non stick It was great at first and easy to clean. Now its horrible. Some Food sticks and food with sauce like bbq is awful to clean. The stuff isn't coming off and basket looks dirty. Looks like the coating is starting to come off in tiny specks. I have a power air fryer XL so what can I use in it to make clean up easier? Not sure if I should take it back and get a new one or see if company sends me a new basket

We have a PowerXL here at work and it does a great job. We just got the Paula Dean air fryer off Evine.com and it's great. Nice and big. I love how quick it cooks things and without any mess or fuss. Put foil down before you put in the food and it makes clean up quick and easy.

Question. I have a beer batter recipe that I swear by. I use if for onion rings and for fish fry. Since they are handmade and not frozen, it can be a bit gooey (which in a deep fryer is not a problem), would that kind of cooking be problematic in an air fryer? Since really they need to float to fry/solidify?

Question. I have a beer batter recipe that I swear by. I use if for onion rings and for fish fry. Since they are handmade and not frozen, it can be a bit gooey (which in a deep fryer is not a problem), would that kind of cooking be problematic in an air fryer? Since really they need to float to fry/solidify?

Yes, from what I have read, that is about the only thing that you cannot do.

We have a PowerXL here at work and it does a great job. We just got the Paula Dean air fryer off Evine.com and it's great. Nice and big. I love how quick it cooks things and without any mess or fuss. Put foil down before you put in the food and it makes clean up quick and easy.
You put the foil in the non-stick basket that people complain about the coating coming off? And everything cooks the same that way? Still deciding if I should open the Power XL I have or get something different.

Thanks!

Just had our first air fryer semi-fail last night. I made homemade pizza pockets with wonton wrappers, mozzarella and marinara. A few of the wontons opened and made a cheesy mess of the basket (my fault for overstuffing a few) and they didn't really cook evenly. I didn't overcrowd the basket and still some parts of the wonton were near-raw and others too crisp. Oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter