Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok hold all the pickle power big sales till we are back. Off to Cali first thing in the am..First west coast trip,,,little nervous, I do all the planning, and it feels like I have not done anything for this trip.
Very different then WDW...mostly reading on things to do and where to eat. We have not booked any dining, going to quick serve most, fast pass is when we walk in, and will get maxpass there. extra |$10per person per day, but hey it includes pics, and we already saved 25% with Can discount.
Hope there is some great deals for all of you.
See you in 10 days, might sneak a check in late night there.

I’m sure you will have a blast at DLR! We loved Maxpass and we are already saving to stay at the Grand Californian next time we go (with the kids). Have fun!!!

Random thought i had today...do you think Disneyland APs are available for purchase through Onyx concierge or whatever it’s called? Because when you buy online it’s similar to a ticket, right (its a voucher not tied to an account)? I’m not onyx yet, but will be after this 1000 posts for back to school AMS.ca promo. Anyone have insight?

So i have to share and I know the people in this group will appreciate:
We just returned from a week at Animal Kingdom Loddge - a big splurge for us but we took the kids to parents home country before and I knew they would need some pampering afterwards.
At check in; was hoping for some pixie dust as DH said a big no to the extra cost of the savannah views; we were told no, hotel was full. Ok, can't fault a gal for trying.
Then I asked about getting the Disability Access Pass for my son, made it clear we were not going to the parks that day, we were told, go to Disney Springs, etc. Ok - repeated everything to the cast member, he said yup, go here, and do this, etc.
Ok - so I trekked all 7 of us (travelling with another family) to Disney Springs after long days of travel; found Guest Relations in the middle of the place, only to be told, nope, can't do it there. UGHHH

So we got the kids some Goofy treats and went back. I sent a firm but polite email to the General Manager about the experience. The next morning the on duty manager called to ask if she could talk to me. I said we had breakfast reservations, she said no problem, they would send us in a taxi (fancy I thought, ok)
She apologized and offered us taxi transportation; for all 7 of us? I asked: yes; for the whole trip?? yes. Wow. I was blown away. Thank you, I said that was very generous.
Wait, she tells me, we're not done. She offered to put both families in a 3 bedroom grand villa for the rest of the stay (6 more nights)!!!

I have never seen a hotel room so big.

Needless to say it was a great trip. The kids had a great time, the adults had a great time. We had pixie dust coming out of our Mickey ears.

Time to start saving AM for the next trip? :))

I received and saw other people talk about receiving the "Excellent to be Oynx" e-mail (shop 5 stores get 45 air miles), but did anyone else get the Gold offer my husband received?

It's "Gold Gets You More". Shop/Swipe at 2 stores for 20 miles or 4 stores for 45 miles.

I received and saw other people talk about receiving the "Excellent to be Oynx" e-mail (shop 5 stores get 45 air miles), but did anyone else get the Gold offer my husband received?

It's "Gold Gets You More". Shop/Swipe at 2 stores for 20 miles or 4 stores for 45 miles.
Yes, I did no my card. DH got the Onyx one for his card. Either way there is no chance I will complete either offer. Even shopping at 2 stores would be a challenge in such a short period for me.

Ok the Duck has had a chance to chew on this e-mail and how to *possibly* make it work without too much $$ outlay. Only need 1 mile per transaction, no mention of transaction dollar value You don't need to go to 5 different stores just can't do 1 store more than once/day YMMV
  • Yesterday i did my Sobey's run for the gift cards so there's #1
  • Go to Rexall and buy 1 tube of toothpaste on sale for $2.49 get 3 AM from my LnG offers there's #2
  • Shell for Magnum bar $3.99 get 10 AM there's #3
  • Metro for our normal shopping on Sunday there's #4
  • Hit up Shell again on Sunday for something on that list for #5

Suggestions for people with no targetted offers could include:
  • Rexall body wash on sale for $3.99 get 3 AM
  • Rexall Kit mesh balls sponge thingee $1.49 buy 2 get 3 AM
  • Shell for any of the in store items several choices give 10 AM List of participating Shell Locations
    Shell Bonus Offers
  • Use ANY of your targeted offers for something small

Random thought i had today...do you think Disneyland APs are available for purchase through Onyx concierge or whatever it’s called? Because when you buy online it’s similar to a ticket, right (its a voucher not tied to an account)? I’m not onyx yet, but will be after this 1000 posts for back to school AMS.ca promo. Anyone have insight?
The ONYX personal shoppers will basically get you anything concrete that isn't in their current list of rewards -- in other words not travel related/hotel etc

You don't have access to this service until you hit ONYX level so you'd have to wait until the miles post to request the pass. YES this is something they can source you but you also have to have the correct amount of miles to actually BUY the item -- they use roughly the same math of 95 AM=$10 with a markup to cover the service.

We just returned from a week at Animal Kingdom Loddge - a big splurge for us but we took the kids to parents home country before and I knew they would need some pampering afterwards.
At check in; was hoping for some pixie dust as DH said a big no to the extra cost of the savannah views; we were told no, hotel was full. Ok, can't fault a gal for trying.
Then I asked about getting the Disability Access Pass for my son, made it clear we were not going to the parks that day, we were told, go to Disney Springs, etc. Ok - repeated everything to the cast member, he said yup, go here, and do this, etc.
Ok - so I trekked all 7 of us (travelling with another family) to Disney Springs after long days of travel; found Guest Relations in the middle of the place, only to be told, nope, can't do it there. UGHHH

So we got the kids some Goofy treats and went back. I sent a firm but polite email to the General Manager about the experience. The next morning the on duty manager called to ask if she could talk to me. I said we had breakfast reservations, she said no problem, they would send us in a taxi (fancy I thought, ok)
She apologized and offered us taxi transportation; for all 7 of us? I asked: yes; for the whole trip?? yes. Wow. I was blown away. Thank you, I said that was very generous.
Wait, she tells me, we're not done. She offered to put both families in a 3 bedroom grand villa for the rest of the stay (6 more nights)!!!

Needless to say it was a great trip. The kids had a great time, the adults had a great time. We had pixie dust coming out of our Mickey ears.

That’s lovely! It sounds like you had an amazing trip!

For my "Excellent to be Oynx" I've done:
1) Sobey's = 10 air miles
2) Shell = 5 air miles
3) Metro = 3 air miles
4) today or tomorrow Shell
5) tomorrow Metro again = 15 air miles

My husband's "Gold Gets You More"
1) Metro today = 36 miles
2) Foodland later today = 6
3) Metro tomorrow = 3
4) Shell later today or tomorrow

My spreadsheet is becoming quite colourful tracking two different promotions at the same time. I have one shop (3 cards) left to do tomorrow at Metro and I've completed the 3/5, 2/4 promotion.

Still waiting for DH to decide if he wants something from Amazon or not then I will complete his card and do an insurance purchase on DS card as Canada Post and La Senza still haven't posted (I needed the things I ordered and will need the insurance order too)

These promotions are becoming a little bit of work to do, keep track of etc. Oh well its all AM.

Has this happened to anyone?

I had 600 miles, then my sobeys posted that gave me 811. I just checked the account and the samsung 50 miles just popped in there but my account didnt change from the 811...

I've had that happen before. Log out wait awhile (couple of hours sometimes) and your correct total will be at the top of the page. Something in the system just wasn't updating as quickly as others.

I'm on the live chat right now asking them to make a note on DH's account that the partners miles are not posting. I've never had this many issues with using air miles partners before...

Just FYI,
Rexall gift cards (for Rexall) earn 1 Air Mile for $20. I knew this before but onfirmed it again today.

I only purchase items that are excellent value at any Air Miles store so I don’t spend much more than $20 (after the $5 off coupon) at Rexall.

Anyway, I shopped Rexall on Friday for the $10 coupon and couldn’t possibly buy more this weekend at Rexall.(let alone this week) so the $20 Rexall gift card works very well for the Onyx offer. Especially since it’s right near our dojo where DH and the kids go five times a week.

Side Note:
Excellent Rexall product - Be Better under eye cream 30 mL
I’ve been using this for almost four years.
Excellent value for a 30 mL tub (no wasteage versus a tube) of cream - an excellent product. Regularly under $10.
I only use about one each year, even with two young woman teens. Great product.

The ONYX personal shoppers will basically get you anything concrete that isn't in their current list of rewards -- in other words not travel related/hotel etc

You don't have access to this service until you hit ONYX level so you'd have to wait until the miles post to request the pass. YES this is something they can source you but you also have to have the correct amount of miles to actually BUY the item -- they use roughly the same math of 95 AM=$10 with a markup to cover the service.

Thanks! I was thinking I have 12K miles at the moment (with more coming) and I’d rather have the AP than a car rental, ya know? Even if it’s a bit pricey - it’ll mean $1000 extra to spend on a third or fourth trip ;)

I haven’t received the Onyx e-mail... Maybe it’s a regional offer?

It might be regional but check your Spam. DS said he couldn't find his until I told him to check Spam and sure enough there it was. He didn't opt-in until after I had done three transactions so hopefully they count. The terms seem to be so long as you opt-in by Sunday night you're good.

So glad that Disney made it right! And good on you for politely but firmly raising it to their attention, no need to be a jerk about it, but also no need to stew and not enjoy your trip, and so happy it paid off for you!! Btw, AKL may be my fav of all time, we took DD for her first trip and it was magical, hoping to make it back there someday!!

:moped::moped:
I wasn't going to do the 5 partner shop around the block but changed my mind when I needed chicken and it was on sale at Metro.
Antibiotic free chicken strip by Prime $7.50 a box each.
I am thinking of making some strawberry jam so --two bags sugar and I was parched so I bought a case of water on sale.
$22.58 spend=1 airmile.

Shell is just next door so I stopped in and picked up two Kit Kat bars=$3.50= 3 airmiles.
I mean who doesn't need chocolate right?

The L.C.B.O. is behind the Shell station so in I go and pick up a small bottle of Canadian Club (love the plastic bottle) for traveling.= $8.45=4 airmiles
One less thing to remember for my Christmas trip right?

By now my body was saying it will be nice to have a hot soak in the tub when I realized Rexall was near by.................1 bottle Kiwi bubble bath=$3.99= 3 airmiles
Every girl needs a nice bottle of bubble bath right?

So 4 down and one to go tomorrow.(Sobeys targeted offer).

50 airmiles for 5 shops is not alot but if you are in need (want) of stuff it's a nice bonus.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter