Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Little piece of good news regarding our cancelled March trip to Disneyland. I had booked one night hotel in San Francisco with AM and didn’t realize when I booked that it was non-refundable so of course AM wasn’t going to give a refund right away. But I filed a case because the hotel chain had posted on its website that it was refunding non-refundable bookings due to Covid. Finally got my refund today! 2750 AM back in my account.
Now still hoping we at least get the 24 month credits for the flights they forced me to rebook for May 2020.

How are you seeing what your bonus miles from offers in 2019 were? I've searched but can't find mine.

Sobeys is sending out personalized emails. Yours will come eventually. I got mine two days ago, DH came yesterday and DS's came today.

Kiddo has decided he HAS to play Animal Crossing. Which is only on the Nintendo switch, which we don't have... apparently the lite one is only a handheld? So now he's begging for one, but they appear to be out of stock everywhere (and are $400!!) I see there is a lite on AM which I'm a little short to be able to get. I wonder if they will have the regular one if it is ever back in stock anywhere. I'm not sure if it's a good use of AM or not, I'm supposed to be saving them for travel, which may not happen forever any way. There is also a small electric/battery lawn mower which looks pretty neat. Probably does a better job than my push/reel mower. I do have the AM for that, I think it's more AM than would translate into a cash price, and then I really wouldn't have enough for a switch. A fun dilemma to have I guess :)

Kiddo has decided he HAS to play Animal Crossing. Which is only on the Nintendo switch, which we don't have... apparently the lite one is only a handheld? So now he's begging for one, but they appear to be out of stock everywhere (and are $400!!) I see there is a lite on AM which I'm a little short to be able to get. I wonder if they will have the regular one if it is ever back in stock anywhere. I'm not sure if it's a good use of AM or not, I'm supposed to be saving them for travel, which may not happen forever any way. There is also a small electric/battery lawn mower which looks pretty neat. Probably does a better job than my push/reel mower. I do have the AM for that, I think it's more AM than would translate into a cash price, and then I really wouldn't have enough for a switch. A fun dilemma to have I guess :)
Do you collect PC points? Shoppers have Nintendo Switch and there’s redemption event this weekend. My mom went to the store with me to get one for DD when it first came out. We got it with the senior discount plus 20X points.

Last edited:

on the one hand, animal crossing is tons of fun. on the other, i love my electric lawnmower.

the difference between the switch and a switch lite is what you said. it would be like getting him a gameboy.

also, we got our switch lite the way @AngelDisney is suggesting, through a redemption event at shoppers. it worked out to a really good deal.

so...my vote right now is keep saving for the switch, and tell your son that lawn duty is his responsibility for the summer as a trade off?

LOL...we have Animal Crossing(the previous version) It's is the most boring game EVER. I don't get the hype at all.

MyOffers summary is 187 bonus miles. Top products were fresh beef and frozen chicken. That surprises me.

Our small TV in the rec room poofed today. Something burned out on it. Electrical smell built up in the air until the TV turned off and will no longer work. That leaves us with 1 TV in the living room in a family of gamers. Yeah, we need a TV. Hubby & I were practically flipping coins to see who got to use the upstairs TV this morning. LOL.

So the upstairs TV (55") will go in the rec room once we get a new TV. I'll have to research them soon. Huh. Beyond not wanting a plasma TV (minecraft tool bar keeps burning into it) I don't know what type of features there are these days. I would like a 65" TV though.

Just did a chat session and got 50 miles posted to my account. I have two more to chase down at their 6 week marks. And I actually spent $75 at Sobeys today and earned 25 miles from My Offers but they didn't register on my receipt, so have to call to chase those down.

Oh, and I earned 199 on my mastercard this month. Thank goodness for my mastercard!

Just did a chat session and got 50 miles posted to my account. I have two more to chase down at their 6 week marks. And I actually spent $75 at Sobeys today and earned 25 miles from My Offers but they didn't register on my receipt, so have to call to chase those down.
Same thing happened with my "My Offers" on Thursday. I called and they said they would post in 7-10 days.
Same thing happened to me on April 2 and the points were posted the next week after I called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter