Another Travelin' Song: Two Weeks in Orlando! A Summer '09 Trip Report: Updated 1/25

Thanks Tink!!! I'm gonna get all caught up on your report tonight, sorry for falling behind! And I love Topanga's show, The Dish. It's painfully unfunny (at least compared to The Soup) but I just love Danielle Fishell :laughing:

OMG I've seen that show and she is totally unfunny but I watch it still anyway! I love The Soup! Joel Mchale is hilarioussss

OMG Do you watch The Soup?! We are regulars!

I love The Soup!

Melissa I can't believe your trip is sooo close thats awesome! You must be super excited now! I know our trip is 30 days away and I am already getting really excited! We got our resort pkt info on Thurs! The week before I got my DME pkt !:thumbsup2

OMG Mel! 1 week!! :banana:

Oh and your sig reminded me to tell you something...I was watching the E! channel the other night and Topanga!
Did you know she married Bruce Willis? He's old enough to be her dad! lol! I guess he's no worse than his EX! Demi Moore! lol!

OMG Do you watch The Soup?! We are regulars!

OMG I've seen that show and she is totally unfunny but I watch it still anyway! I love The Soup! Joel Mchale is hilarioussss

The Soup's the best!!! Joel cracks me up, I love him. He's getting his own show on NBC in the fall but continuing on The Soup. He's hilarious!!

Melissa I can't believe your trip is sooo close thats awesome! You must be super excited now! I know our trip is 30 days away and I am already getting really excited! We got our resort pkt info on Thurs! The week before I got my DME pkt !:thumbsup2

Did you know she married Bruce Willis? He's old enough to be her dad! lol! I guess he's no worse than his EX! Demi Moore! lol!

That's so exciting!!! 30 days will fly by like that, I'm telling you.

Are you talking about Danielle Fishel? I don't think she married Bruce!

Yall are getting SO close! Ahhh - so exciting! :goodvibes

I just finished reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" and now I reeeaaalllly want to visit Savannah! Have a blast!

Yall are getting SO close! Ahhh - so exciting! :goodvibes

I just finished reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" and now I reeeaaalllly want to visit Savannah! Have a blast!

Thanks Lauren!!

I love that book, isn't it good? Savannah's so pretty, you should definitely go down there if you get a chance :thumbsup2

Thanks Lauren!!

I love that book, isn't it good? Savannah's so pretty, you should definitely go down there if you get a chance :thumbsup2

YES! I read it in one day... I couldn't put it down! I definitely want to try to make a point of visiting Savannah someday!

This Time Next Week: do some shopping at the Grand Floridian

Please go in the Basin store! It's on the 2nd floor, which is the same floor as the monorail...It's so cool! I want the Mickey heads soap, but I'd be afraid to use it all up!

Okay...I gotta ask, what is The Soup? A TV show I'm assuming, but what channel, what's it about?

5 DAYS! Have you got your packing lists all ready?

This Time Next Week: We'll spend the afternoon at the Disney monorail resorts. We'll play some ski-ball at the Contemporary, lounge on the beach at the Polynesian and do some shopping at the Grand Floridian. Then we'll head back to the condo to relax before we drive over to PF Changs for dinner. We'll spend the night lounging around the condo and resort.

Ahhhh doing just this was one of the best parts of our April trip! It gives me the chills just thinking about it! And I tried PF Changs for the first time a couple of weeks ago in Atlantic City and it was yummyyyy! :thumbsup2

This Time Next Week: We'll spend the afternoon at the Disney monorail resorts. We'll play some ski-ball at the Contemporary, lounge on the beach at the Polynesian and do some shopping at the Grand Floridian. Then we'll head back to the condo to relax before we drive over to PF Changs for dinner. We'll spend the night lounging around the condo and resort.

Sounds like a great day, so excited for you :banana:

Please go in the Basin store! It's on the 2nd floor, which is the same floor as the monorail...It's so cool! I want the Mickey heads soap, but I'd be afraid to use it all up!

I'll definitely check out Basin! I've never bought anything in there but I love the smell. Plus I have gift cards so maybe I'll get something cute!

Okay...I gotta ask, what is The Soup? A TV show I'm assuming, but what channel, what's it about?

5 DAYS! Have you got your packing lists all ready?

it's one of my favorite shows.

try to catch it sometime...
it's a hoot!!

The Soup's hilarious! It's a pop culture clip show where they kind of wrap up everything that happened in entertainment (mainly TV) each week. It's on E every Friday night at 10. It used to be Talk Soup but now it's just The Soup and is hosted by Joel McHale. Definitely check it out... it's hysterical!

Ahhhh doing just this was one of the best parts of our April trip! It gives me the chills just thinking about it! And I tried PF Changs for the first time a couple of weeks ago in Atlantic City and it was yummyyyy! :thumbsup2

I've never been to PF Changs so I'm glad to hear it's good! How was AC?! I haven't been there in years but my friends and I are thinking of going at the end of August :woohoo:

Sounds like a great day, so excited for you :banana:

Thanks so much!!

This Time Next Week: We'll spend the afternoon at Downtown Disney. We'll do some shopping, get some free chocolate at Ghirardelli, and I'll definitely get some of my beloved chocolate-covered pretzels from Goofy's Candy Kitchen. We'll hang out around the condo for the rest of the afternoon before heading over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge that night. We'll have dinner at The Mara (for some falafel wraps and zebra domes!) before walking around the resort and doing some sightseeing/animal watching.

Just as an aside, I've been dreading today for a while. I had to go to the doctor and it's a new doctor and I was a nervous wreck. It wasn't for anything serious but doctors freak me out! I've honestly never had more anxiety in my entire life than I've had these past few weeks. I couldn't even get excited for Florida because I was so nervous... I was literally in tears this morning!

Well it's all done and everything's fine. Best of all, the appointment wasn't even half as bad as I'd expected. It's such a huge sigh of relief.

Now I feel like I can finally relax and get psyched! I put off doing anything until tonight (I was THAT nervous) so now I have three days to make my packing list, pack, get all the addresses we'll need to put in the GPS, plan out our route down to Florida, make Universal dining reservations and double check all the confirmations. Lots to do... but it's all fun and I can't wait!

If you have a Garmin, check out Mousavers POI add on-it's awesome.

Glad that the doctor's appt went okay and you can finally relax now :thumbsup2

Only 3 more days now! Wow I really can't even believe how fast time has flown! I remember when our April trip was almost here and thinking that you still had over 3 months to go...now its here! OMG you're all going to have the best time. Thinking of Ghiaradelli chocolate is making my mouth water right now :cloud9:

You plans sound great! You are sooo close! The chocolate sounds great too! :goodvibes By the time you get back I should be around or under 2weeks! This is gonna go soo fast! I hope you have a great trip in case I don't get a chance to chat with you before you leave! This starts my busy season! I coach Cheerleading for 7th and 8th graders this is like my 7th season doing it! And between that and working and kids it gets kinda hectic along with trip planning! I'll try to check back before than but if I don't I just wanted to say have a great time and take many many pics! :thumbsup2

I am loving your a week from now posts!! It's so funny because that is EXACTLY how I think too! I am glad your doctor's appt. went well; new doctors can be scary!

You've talked about so many of my favorite things: The Soup, Chocolate Covered Pretzels from Goofy's, Danielle Fishel, and PF Changs!!

I can't wait for more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter