Are we crazy to consider Egypt June 24 2021?

couture1

Earning My Ears
Hi, Like many we have found our summer plans disrupted. We were booked on Egypt last summer (cancelled) and I'm being told they are taking reservations for June. I'm doubtful these trips will actually run, and may just book our own trip. Any group thoughts? I understand private trips are full. Questions:
1. Has anyone been departing on private Egypt trips, or anyone else on Summer Egypt group trips hearing anything?
2. What is the policy for cancellation now. Specifically if full refund vs. credit?
3. We have loved our ABD trips (7 so far) are we crazy to consider this?
Thank you for being such a helpful resource and I appreciate any responses.

Egypt is currently set at 'Level 4: Do not Travel' by the US State Department. Which means if it's still in place on June 24th, the trip won't go. There's always a *chance* that might change in the next month and a half, but I, personally, wouldn't count on it.

I'm pretty sure someone reported their early June Egypt trip just got cancelled, but unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere. I have not heard of any group Egypt trips going so far this year.

Honestly, I'm a little shocked ABD is still selling trips for this summer for countries at a Level 4.

Sayhello

I don't think you're crazy, but I can't see that happening. Fast forward to June 2022 and I think you have a much better chance.:earsboy:

I am very positive on Covid reopenings - but I feel like this isn’t going to happen, unfortunately.

If you are thinking of your own trip - a place like Dubai could happen. There are really nice desert hotels. It would just be HOT!!

I’m booked on Egypt June 15th. I really was expecting it to be canceled by now and very surprised it hasn’t. I already booked a deposit on the same trip for next year. Disney was unwilling to extend the date of the refundable deposit for next year until this is figured out for this year. They also would not provide a refund so I could have certainty about next year. We are now 5 weeks away from our Pre-trip to Dubai. Would be very short notice to cancel it now, but they have been canceling Egypt trips one by one. Ours is still hanging on. Was supposed to go to Israel after Egypt and that is very unlikely to happen given Israel’s restrictions.

I am very positive on Covid reopenings - but I feel like this isn’t going to happen, unfortunately.

If you are thinking of your own trip - a place like Dubai could happen. There are really nice desert hotels. It would just be HOT!!
The United Arab Emirates is also at a Level 4: Do Not Travel status. You're really taking your chances if you travel to any country with that status.

Sayhello

I just got back from Morocco a few weeks ago, which is currently level 3 FWIW. I'm all for international travel, but it really is different in the pandemic. Many/most restaurants were closed. Many tourist sites were closed. The worst, though, was that flights were very unstable. Our Air France flight home (with a layover in Paris) was changed every 36 hours, ultimately to such a poor itinerary that we canceled it 3 days into our trip, and found a direct flight with Royal Air Maroc. That was a good move, as 5 days in, while we were in the desert with limited wifi, all flights into France were canceled anyways.

So.much.uncertainty.

Hi, Like many we have found our summer plans disrupted. We were booked on Egypt last summer (cancelled) and I'm being told they are taking reservations for June. I'm doubtful these trips will actually run, and may just book our own trip. Any group thoughts? I understand private trips are full. Questions:
1. Has anyone been departing on private Egypt trips, or anyone else on Summer Egypt group trips hearing anything?
2. What is the policy for cancellation now. Specifically if full refund vs. credit?
3. We have loved our ABD trips (7 so far) are we crazy to consider this?
Thank you for being such a helpful resource and I appreciate any responses.

We booked independently for June and are going! We know it's going to be steaming hot and are planning accordingly. Out very early, back at hotels with awesome pools, and then out late afternoon/early evening. We're going to Cairo, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Luxor, and Hurghada. Recommended guides/drivers booked. (There are plenty of online Egypt travel groups with locals and current travelers if you search.)

According to the U.S. the whole world is a Level 4. :rolleyes2 Once you're actually someplace else, you'll see that many places are handling things better than we are. My aunt was just in Egypt and we have friends "on the ground". Covid isn't going away so we're going to learn to live with it and follow all the recommended precautions. We have 2 other international trips booked for August and December and if they planes are flying, we'll be on them!

I'm heading to the "level four" UK next week. If you look at their cases and vaccination rate it makes absolutely no sense. I was disappointed that the US was not on the green list announced this morning as it means I will need to pay for one more test on day 5 to get out of quarantine. I'll report back on my experience. I'm due to go back with the family at the end of June and hope we are on the green list by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter