Art the Greeter at the Beach Club

Don't know if anybody's seen this yet or not, but on the Disney World/Google Earth partnership stuff, if you go to look at the Beach Club, you'll see Art looking great... plus, if you lick the various options (no, I'm not going to give it away, it's worth trying to find it yourself), there's another Art picture that is absolutely dead on target as being the "REAL" Art showing through. Check for him on Google Earth (you must have the most recent version of Google Earth for it to work), or get information about this stuff at http://www.disneyworld.com/3dparks

Enjoy the Magic that is Art!

Don't know if anybody's seen this yet or not, but on the Disney World/Google Earth partnership stuff, if you go to look at the Beach Club, you'll see Art looking great... plus, if you lick the various options (no, I'm not going to give it away, it's worth trying to find it yourself), there's another Art picture that is absolutely dead on target as being the "REAL" Art showing through. Check for him on Google Earth (you must have the most recent version of Google Earth for it to work), or get information about this stuff at http://www.disneyworld.com/3dparks

Enjoy the Magic that is Art!

OK, I think I found the second of your Arts - it's the clip of him in that little WDW promo video, right? But I can't find the first one.

I can get to the 3-dimensional version of the Beach Club - but it doesn't look like we can go inside. And looking from overhead, I can see the links to various images ("Panoramio") available - though none of them are of Art.

How 'bout a hint? Is there another layer that I need to turn on?

I've been thinking that it's no big deal if I don't go back to WDW for another 18 months or so. But dangit, I really want to visit Art.

OK, I think I found the second of your Arts - it's the clip of him in that little WDW promo video, right? But I can't find the first one.

I can get to the 3-dimensional version of the Beach Club - but it doesn't look like we can go inside. And looking from overhead, I can see the links to various images ("Panoramio") available - though none of them are of Art.

How 'bout a hint? Is there another layer that I need to turn on?

I've been thinking that it's no big deal if I don't go back to WDW for another 18 months or so. But dangit, I really want to visit Art.

Ok, there are 2 times he shows up... one is part of the "standard" promo video that you get when you click on the Beach Club itself. However, the other one is the one that REALLY shows the TRUE Art.

Now, to see the other one, you don't have any other Google Earth layers to add. However, you do have to explore the choices that appear after the resort's promo video. All I'll say at this point is, there's one of Art just by himself, which is what I think that you found, & the other one, he is very clearly NOT alone.

If you can't find it in another day or so, post again, & I'll walk you through it. Trust me, it's worth the effort!

Enjoy the Magic!

All I'll say at this point is, there's one of Art just by himself, which is what I think that you found, & the other one, he is very clearly NOT alone.

OK - we're talking Art visiting with the three boys wearing the sailor outfits? A great photo, but we expect nothing less.

Wouldn't it be great if somehow the photos for the 3-D building renderings had a shot of Art standing at the front door giving a salute?

Anyone visiting son, please let Art know that Nicholas spends his best. He may not remember the name, but he knows my face.

OK - we're talking Art visiting with the three boys wearing the sailor outfits? A great photo, but we expect nothing less.

Wouldn't it be great if somehow the photos for the 3-D building renderings had a shot of Art standing at the front door giving a salute?

You are SO right! That would be a perfect shot, & perfect welcome to the Beach Club!

Enjoy the Magic!

Art is off work and will be returning on Thursday, October 16th.

We met Art with my daughter Susie, who was then on the dreamsquad.
He is a fabulous person. I had my fancy redhat on, and somewhere there is a
picture of him wearing my hat, but I can't find it. My daughter loves him too,
and he is a true Dreamsquad leader! I don't think he was actually on the
dreamsquad, but he is magic in himself. : He is disney magic!:wizard:

Hello All -

I spoke with Art and he has asked that I post that he wishes everyone "Happy Holidays!"

He does appreciate that people take the time to stop and say "Hi" and visit with him.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!! :santa:

Brenda

Aww, I just skimmed through this thread and Art seems like such a nice guy! We're staying at the Beach Club in April, and I hope that I get the chance to meet him!!

We met Art on our last BC vacation 13 yrs ago. Now, we will introduce DD11 to him. He is a gentleman, and Disney Magic in true life!

Hello All -

Art had minor eye surgery is doing well I spoke to him over the weekend and he is out on leave until late August as of now. He asked that I let people know he is well just healing looking forward to getting back to work as soon as he can.

Brenda

Thanks, Brenda.

Wishing Art (and his wife) well, and hoping that he's back in the lobby by the time of our visit in mid-September. I'm visiting that week with a WDW newbie, and one of my tasks is to go by the Beach Club and introduce her to Art.

Just to be sure, are Tuesday-Sunday still his regular days?

Thanks, Brenda.

Wishing Art (and his wife) well, and hoping that he's back in the lobby by the time of our visit in mid-September. I'm visiting that week with a WDW newbie, and one of my tasks is to go by the Beach Club and introduce her to Art.

Just to be sure, are Tuesday-Sunday still his regular days?

Hi Nicholas -

Yes - but there mght be some schedule changes coming possibly - when he knows for sure and tells me I will let you know. Have a wonderful time on your September trip - bringing a "wdw newbie" is always fun.

Brenda

Hello All -

I spoke to Art he is doing well - he can't wait to get back to work - he will be there tomorrow.

Art usually works Tuesday - Saturday 7:30am-4:00pm and he usually takes lunch from 2:30pm-3:30pm.

He looks forward to seeing everyone when he is back at the front door of the Beach Club.

Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter