BW making me move my reservation to another Resort for 12/1 due to construction delays???

We were moved from a BW view studio to a non-renovated P/G one bedroom. Everything was in good working order except for the dryer, which ran but didn't dry the clothes. I ended up just going to the laundry room to use the dryer there. Definitely in need of refurbishment but it wasn't in the worst shape I've seen, and there was no musty smell that some people have encountered. We were on the fifth floor, so I wonder if that makes a difference.

Got notice today that our 2-night stay in a Boardwalk View Deluxe Studio is now in a Pool/Garden View Deluxe Studio since our room will not be ready. Will be receiving a $50/night credit to use for a total of $100 for the stay. Checking in Sunday, 3 days away.
Just curious, are you staying on your own points & if so did they offer to refund the points as well or did they just offer the $50 per night for the view downgrade?
Let’s hope those of you getting the $50 ‘cash‘ actually get a cash room credit & not chocolate 😂
Idk if you will be able to read the screenshot I attached but they told me that this means we were handed cash 🤨 we eventually found that what actually happened was they went to the gift shop and bought $50.03 worth of chocolates and left them in our room.

Again, DVC made it right but the hotel staff were a little rough 🫣

Just curious, are you staying on your own points & if so did they offer to refund the points as well or did they just offer the $50 per night for the view downgrade?
Let’s hope those of you getting the $50 ‘cash‘ actually get a cash room credit & not chocolate 😂
Boardwalk and Garden/Pool view are the same points; so there would be no refund in this case.

Oops - I forgot about that, I always found that to be strange since there are so few BW view villas & so many pg views & the BW view seem much more desirable to me.
I think once upon a time they were just called preferred but they split them because everybody would request a boardwalk view. I could be wrong on that, but I read it somewhere on these boards I believe (and if its on the Internet it must be true).

I think once upon a time they were just called preferred but they split them because everybody would request a boardwalk view. I could be wrong on that, but I read it somewhere on these boards I believe (and if its on the Internet it must be true).
Yes, that is correct.

A more recent parallel is the creation of the "near Hospitality House" category at Old Key West. It became such a popular request that they created a separate category to guarantee the handful of buildings closest to the HH. Point costs are still the same for all locations around the resort.

Yep, when we bought in 2001 it was a single category (standard view was a separate category) and a request. They told membership that those rooms were assigned by booking date, but people had tantrums at guest services and people who booked eleven months out arrived to discover that wasn't "early enough" (probably due to tantrums), so a booking category was created without moving the points around at all.

I suspect that the renter getting caught in this is also getting moved to PG - since I really doubt there are extra standard view rooms. Although if this is happening, I'm sure every cancellation is going straight to moving around people who are booked and not reaching the waitlist, so its possible that someone canceled a SV room, its just more likely that there isn't a point differential.

Chocolate isn't exactly the same as cash,
And $50 of Disney chocolate might be a snickers bar at this point.
I like chocolate but cash has a bit more trading power. :rolleyes:

Glad they made it right but what a mess. Both parties should have immediately known something was incorrect. Nobody hands out cash at Disney.

Early years - 150 Disney Dollars handed to me for an issue. Still not cash but fun. Do they still have DD's?

We were moved from a BW view studio to a non-renovated P/G one bedroom. Everything was in good working order except for the dryer, which ran but didn't dry the clothes. I ended up just going to the laundry room to use the dryer there. Definitely in need of refurbishment but it wasn't in the worst shape I've seen, and there was no musty smell that some people have encountered. We were on the fifth floor, so I wonder if that makes a difference.
Speaking of, do we know if the refurbished 1/2/3 bedrooms have new or upgraded W/D?

We are staying on our friend’s points for this booking. And yes, @LadybugsMum is correct. No offer to refund any points since the point cost is the same for P/G and Boardwalk View.

Also, we did ask for clarification on the $50 per night credit and they said we just need to charge purchases for food, drinks, or merch anywhere on Disney World property to our magicband attached to the room and the credits will apply at checkout!

May I ask, how many days in advance of your trip are you receiving calls from Disney? Thanks!

May I ask, how many days in advance of your trip are you receiving calls from Disney? Thanks!
Someone on another thread just got a call to move their standard 1 bedroom for the week of March 9th, but I feel like I’ve seen a few posts about being a little over a week out. It seems like they’re starting to get ahead of it now. I’m assuming my call is coming soon for my two standard studios the first week of April. I hope they give me something comparable. I would be fine with having an inn room for both. I just don’t want to be separated or stuck at a hotel that we don’t really care for. Some of these room substitutions have been ridiculous.

Someone on another thread just got a call to move their standard 1 bedroom for the week of March 9th, but I feel like I’ve seen a few posts about being a little over a week out. It seems like they’re starting to get ahead of it now. I’m assuming my call is coming soon for my two standard studios the first week of April. I hope they give me something comparable. I would be fine with having an inn room for both. I just don’t want to be separated or stuck at a hotel that we don’t really care for. Some of these room substitutions have been ridiculous.
That was me.

They offered us a regular hotel room at the Inn side plus $100/night credit, but still at the 1 BR points. I guess I’m lucky in that they at least offered $100 for the 1BR to Inn studio downgrade. I still think it’s outrageous to not reduce to studio points. When I said I didn’t think that was a fair offer since I’m paying for a 1 BR and essentially getting a studio and not getting compensated for even their cash price difference that they charge for those rooms, the CM seemed to want to enjoy a good debate and replied that it was actually pretty generous of the resort because they could just contractually cancel.

This company is lost.

That was me.

They offered us a regular hotel room at the Inn side plus $100/night credit, but still at the 1 BR points. I guess I’m lucky in that they at least offered $100 for the 1BR to Inn studio downgrade. I still think it’s outrageous to not reduce to studio points. When I said I didn’t think that was a fair offer since I’m paying for a 1 BR and essentially getting a studio and not getting compensated for even their cash price difference that they charge for those rooms, the CM seemed to want to enjoy a good debate and replied that it was actually pretty generous of the resort because they could just contractually cancel.

This company is lost.
Yikes... they should be nothing, but apologetic. Nothing generous about this offer.

That was me.

This company is lost.
Oh my, that’s terrible! I could maybe see $100 night for us for having to go out for breakfast instead of cooking in the room, maybe. But anything for the lost in-room laundry, like access to the DVC laundry room or comped washer/dryer fees? I guess that $100 is supposed to cover that 1BR convenience too.

Oh my, that’s terrible! I could maybe see $100 night for us for having to go out for breakfast instead of cooking in the room, maybe. But anything for the lost in-room laundry, like access to the DVC laundry room or comped washer/dryer fees? I guess that $100 is supposed to cover that 1BR convenience too.
Just to put numbers to it, according to mousesavers, their cash rack rate for that date range is $1226/night for a BWV 1BR standard room. Their cash rack rate for the same date range for the room they offered - an Inn side resort view hotel room is $778/night.

So they are basically charging for 1 BR points that their own pricing chart says are worth $1226, then giving a product their own pricing chart says is worth $778.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter