Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the rate things are progressing on closures I'd say no.

Let's not forget in 2 days we went from basketball tournaments were on to no fans to tournament cancelled along with every major sports league. At this rate, 3 days (through Sunday) is an enternity.
It’s exponential growth. Every day things are twice as bad as the day before.

What is the thought on WDW possible closures? Family is visiting this weekend and the parks are all we had planned.

Since DLR doesnt close until Monday (parks Saturday) and WDW hasn’t announced yet, do you think that’s a pretty good chance they will be open through the weekend?
I think you have a shot. If WDW were closing for the weekend, the time to announce it would have been when they announced Disneyland.

Of course, I’ve been wrong before.

I'd have to say it is only a matter of "when" WDW will close. Not "If".

The way things seem to be trending, I think that is where this will end up. If at any point the governor makes a declaration that any places and all events with a certain amount of people have to shut down, then the decision is taken out of Disney's hands. They have no choice but to comply.

It will just be a matter of how long it will last.

I think you have a shot. If WDW were closing for the weekend, the time to announce it would have been when they announced Disneyland.

Of course, I’ve been wrong before.

The day isn't over. I just got emails about a st. Patriick s event i was going to Saturday was cancelled along with the ECHL. I'm sill expecting a WDW announcement by EOD.

Six flags here opened last weekend (SFoG). I think Dollywood is scheduled to open this coming weekend.

I keep forgetting theme parks in most of the country close over the winter. It's such a strange concept to me. :) The only park that closes in FL is Adventure Island I think, but that's a tiny local water park. The closure time is used to make repairs and put in new things.

I keep forgetting theme parks in most of the country close over the winter. It's such a strange concept to me. :) The only park that closes in FL is Adventure Island I think, but that's a tiny local water park. The closure time is used to make repairs and put in new things.

these days SFoG barely closes. They run through first week in Jan and then reopen early March. Maybe 2 months they are down.

Haha, up here they are buried under 4-5' of snow in the winter. Our ski hills become our theme parks 😁

At the rate things are progressing on closures I'd say no.

Let's not forget in 2 days we went from basketball tournaments were on to no fans to tournament cancelled along with every major sports league. At this rate, 3 days (through Sunday) is an enternity.

The situation in Florida is very different from California. And Florida has not banned mass gatherings yet, so not the same pressure DL was under to follow suit. On top of that, even with as crazy as things have gotten with the rate of cancelations, DLR still gave guests a 2 days heads up. I can’t see WDW closing effective immediately tomorrow.

You can’t tell me mass media hysteria isn’t a factor. The swine flu infected 60 million people in the US and killed over 12,000 and nothing shut down. No one cared. It was just another version of the flu that killed old people. Everyone dying is old or had health issues and compromised immune systems already and children are hardly affected at all by this virus. It’s 100% media based fear.

The situation in Florida is very different from California. And Florida has not banned mass gatherings yet, so not the same pressure DL was under to follow suit. On top of that, even with as crazy as things have gotten with the rate of cancelations, DLR still gave guests a 2 days heads up. I can’t see WDW closing effective immediately tomorrow.

I doubt they will close effective tomorrow but starting Sunday? Monday? Could be. People are going to ask if it is unsafe for DLR to be open why is it safe for WDW to be open. Just going to be asked.

It already has. Mass hysteria has now caused everything to tank

I was open to social distancing, cancelling large gatherings, etc. - to curb the spread. I get it. But now someone on another thread is saying that the governor of California is going to tell the people to get full tanks of gas and have cash on hand. People are going to panic, make a run on banks and make things worse. Why? Why would you even suggest that? No country has had computer systems breakdown....I don't understand.

What the heck is going on? Has everyone lost their mind? The reaction at this point is what is actually, really scaring me.

We are going out to dinner tonight. We are healthy, we will wash our hands and stay away from my elderly parents for a while. We will support our local economy as much as we can right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter