~Dani and Bryan's Hopefully Fairy Tale Wedding on a Budget PJ and almost TR 12/5/10

Hello!

I have been without my computer for three days and I must say, I feel like a part of me is missing. I am lost without it. Bryan got an iPad so I am working on that so I might have lots of typos. Forgive me! He bought mr a new Mac so I have an easier time editing photos {I think we all know what pictures I will be photoshopping (does that classify as a word?) soon. The PC files are getting transferred over so it takes a few days. I wonder if it is cold and lonely in that Mac store. Are they ok? Are they longing for me like I am longing for them? I hope so. But soon we will be reunited and it will feel so good.

As soon as I get it back I will post about the wedding. I will. Repeat it again Dani. I will post about the wedding. It is kind of like knowing something is going to end but you avoid it because it is too painful-like breaking up with the guy who is really nice but you are not meant to be together. That is how I feel about the planning journal and trip report. I know once I write it all out it will be over. But unlike that nice guy, this board and I were meant to be together. Planning journal- you complete me and I am not ready to say goodbye. This planning journal which should be transformed into a trip report-not a report about random things related to the wedding or about my life. But I keep putting it off because I love writing and love getting feedback. It makes me happy and lately that is a hard thing to do :yay:

Yesterday was our one year anniversary of our engagement. Bryan and the boys got me donuts-mmmmmmm donuts. The boys brought me flowers and they said they were taking me on a date. We were to get dressed up and go out. Long story short they made reservations at the place they proposed which was very sweet but we talked about it and agreed the price is insane and the food is not as fabulous as the outback. Yes, I said it. The chain Outback. Delish! So we went there and it was yummy....and half the price of the original restaurant. Plus the little ones who like to scream were with us and the Outback covers up their noise much better than the fancy place. We went to a frozen yogurt place even though I so wanted a blizzard from Dairy Queen but we compromised and went to the new place. I get there and go for the chocolate and guess what? No chocolate!?! It is a self serve place but they had banana bread, Mounds, green tea, etc. Flavors. How is there no chocolate? After that we came home and watched Inception. Let's just say Inception + me= majorly confused.

To top off the nice day (my friends say they are impressed he remembers the day he proposed) I found out I am nominated on the Disney Wedding Blog for best PJ. I am so excited! As I said I love writing and although it is very random, you have given some nice compliments and that means more to me then you will ever know! Voting begins on Monday so if you feel it is good enough to win whatever it is I could win, votes are appreciated. Should I make campaign posters? Go on TV? Build a website? I am thinking with all my free time I should. In between taking care of a puppy, two kids, volunteering, cleaning toilets, etc. I think I could whip up a good campaign. Insert sarcasm here :laughing: if I don't win I will say "it was an honor to just be nominated" but then I will go somewhere and cry and go into the fetal position, rock back and forth as I wear my bride ears and hold my laptop. Bryan asked me why I was so excited about it and it is simply because I write and someone liked it. Maybe it was my family, who knows. But hopefully someone who actually reads this and someone I did not bribe nominated me and that rocks. Oh how I hope it was someone other then my family. Fingers crossed.

Alright, I have to get going to find water shoes for our jamaica trip. What does one do with water shoes? Torrin just hugged me and said "I like your vacuum." uh ok.

When I get my computer back pictures and and the report will follow. I mean it. Really.

Happy Sunday!
Dani

Hi Dani, congratulations on the DWB nomination! :woohoo: I nominated you, and I'm sure some of your other avid followers did too - your writing is very entertaining!

I hope you get your computer back soon so you can start your trip report. I'm looking forward to reading it. Happy Sunday!

Hi!

I just spent a long time writing and I learned my lesson and copied it before posting, but with having a Mac now, I deleted it instead of copying. Oops.

I just wanted to say a few things. To those of you who nominated and or voted for me for best wedding PJ and TR I appreciate it. I love to write, and if someone, somehow laughed or related to me in any way, I achieved my goal. I am indifferent about getting a prize, but "winning" would justify the thought that maybe I can write, and maybe people do enjoy it-and that would mean so much to me.

In these past few days, a few of the friends I have made on this board have decided they do not want me in their lives anymore. Regardless of the fact that I never met these people in person, I found I connected with them and enjoyed our interactions. It has come to my attention that there is no room in their lives for my complaining, negativity and venting on this board. I know I complain a lot. I am working on this, and am trying to be better about it. I have so much in my life to be grateful for. On the other hand, I share these things but try to put a humorous spin on them to try and make me laugh and others laugh. Nothing that has happened to me is tragic. I am lucky in so many ways. Perhaps I should not complain about the Bridal shoot in the park, but it happened and I needed to share what happened because it is part of my life. Is it appropriate? I am not sure, but it is what has been going on and I am not someone who pretends that planning the wedding, the wedding itself and the post wedding funk has not been stressful on me. I keep it real and I hope someone out there appreciates that. I have only met one of you in person, but your posts make me feel like part of a community.

I am currently uploading pictures to share with all of you who may still read this. I am also going to tell you what went wrong and what went right. Maybe someone out there still planning their wedding can learn something, or be inspired to do certain things, or not do something a certain way (learn from my mistakes). So more to come in a short while, depending on when the little one wakes up. I do not have my professional pictures back, so when I get those I will share them as well.

Thanks again to all who have supported me and read along. It means a lot. I hope you have a good day. D

I'm sorry to hear that about people on the boards...it's their loss really though so dont let it bother you! :hug: You should be able to write whatever you want on your PJ/TR!

I totally love reading along (and I voted for you too :thumbsup2) I really don't think you complain too much...and you do so well putting a funny spin on everything and making it more light hearted...sometimes you really do make me laugh! :) Anyways, I thought the boards were for getting it all out there...the highs aswell as the lows. If not I may in trouble soon too!!:rotfl:

Your PJ and TR have certainly given me a heads up on how I might feel after our wedding! I've been planning for 3yrs so fully expect to have a post weding funk for weeks after!!

I am so looking forward to seeing more pictures and continuing to read along too!! :goodvibes

Aw, Dani, I'm sorry that you're feeling like that! The way I look at it, this your *journal* and you should feel free to write what you feel. :goodvibes

It sucks that your park shoot went wrong, and while no one wants to think that it could happen to them, it obviously could, and it's really helpful to know how you and other brides have handled the situation.

I'll still be reading and am looking forward to your reviews. :thumbsup2

I agree with KitKat5, it's their loss. And, I also agree with pixie921, this is *your* journal, and you should feel free to vent, rant, ramble, etc about anything you need to. :grouphug:

I'm sorry there were aspects of your wedding (mainly the MK shoot) that were not up to expectations. This is unfortunate because every bride deserves a perfect day. Especially a Disney Bride.

I have definitely enjoyed reading all of your wedding plans, and I can't wait to see your photos and reviews. :goodvibes

Sweet Dani
I agree with what the girls above say!!
For everyone who disapproves of your writing, there will be many many more who enjoy it and laugh along with you at the various things life pitches at you!!!
I say keep up the good work and ya boo sucks to the horrid people :thumbsup2

Hi Dani. I read your post on my phone while waiting in the eye doctor, but felt it warranted a comment when I was home typing on a computer. I don't know where people get off criticizing you for your feelings and opinions. This is your space to vent (or gush - whatever you might feel like doing) and if they don't want to read anymore, then don't. I don't see what there is to gain by sending you private messages on the matter.

Anywho, I appreciate your brutally honest (yet lighthearted) take on some really difficult issues - dealing with vendors who have underperformed, assimilating into married life (with kids to boot!), and dealing with post wedding depression. I don't think you have to censor yourself for anyone! If more people spoke openly about these things, then we'd all be more prepared for it when it actually happens to us!

I'm still reading, and I look forward to your future posts. Feel free to drag out your recaps so we can relive your wedding for months to come! :thumbsup2

I'm not a Disney bride (though I would to do a VR someday), but I read here for ideas and because I like looking at Disney weddings.

I love your PJ (and I voted for you too)! Don't let people get you down; it says more about them than you (friends don't care if you vent or complain). Life isn't always sunshine and roses, so to expect someone to never complain is silly. Plus, if they don't like your venting, they just don't have to read it; they don't have to criticize you though.

I hope you continue writing; I do think you have talent! :hug:

Wow! Thank you all so much! I appreciate your kind words-it means a lot!

Does that mean I can write about my honeymoon too? :rotfl:

Much appreciated!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your PJ and can't wait to read more! I'm sorry that some people are making you feel like you can't vent or write anything you want in YOUR journal.

If you enjoy writing then write...if you need to vent then vent...and when you're ready to write your trip report you will. I will be following along regardless and looking forward to reading more!!

Dani,

I love your writing and I think you should be able to write whatever you want in your journal. You make me lol with all of your entries and I really enjoy reading them. I've been off the boards for a while but the first thing I read today was your journal to see what else you have written and make me laugh!

Hi Dani,

I'm so sorry that you received some negative comments. I've enjoyed your PJ since I started reading, especially how you'll put an amusing spin on reality (like sick kids and puppies!). You've got a great writing style, and I hope you'll keep sharing with us.

Have a good rest of your week!

Dani,

I'm sorry this is happening :( I really enjoy your writing, your honesty, your humor and I'm going to follow until you quit writing (which I hope is never!)

I live by the saying.... You don't need anyone in your life that doesn't need you. So many people love your writing, and it's a shame that people have to be hurtful.

Cheer up and know that there are tons of Disers that love you!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip :)

Hey Dani!

I haven't posted on your PJ, but I have read the whole thing. I am SO glad you are actually writing about all the ups and DOWNS of the whole planning process and the actual wedding. I'm planning a wedding for May 2012 and I am seriously already over it. I'm just not that excited and more stressed than anything else :( I'm so happy someone is finally not sugar coating everything. Keep up the writing. I can relate.

PS- I just got braces too. Full metal mouth. Our hope is that they are off before the wedding. If not, my orthodontist says he can take the front ones off for the wedding pics.And then put them back on afterwards. At least you get yours now and didn't have THAT to deal with too. OY.

Hey girl! All I have to say is screw those dis'ers that were nasty to you. You keep on writing. I am enjoying what you have to say and as others mentioned, there are many ups and downs about weddings it's great for all the new brides to know what to expect. Keep on doing what you are doing and all of us who commented will keep reading. I am not a big icon fan and think they get overused but you deserve this :goodvibes oh and your favorite one :laundy: hahahaha

P.S. I sent you an email.

Thank you again for all your kind words. I do not sugarcoat (mmm,,,sugar) and I make fun of us and other things-like some pictures we have. I don't think I ever showed you our engagement pictures. There are TONS of them but I will not show you some of them until much later for reasons I will divulge later. So here are some of ours (keep in mind it poured that day, and continued to pour) Here are just some funny ones-yes, some with negative comments but seriously, I just have to. Some did not resize-sorry....

Here is one of us in the photo booth trying to look romantic when it really looks like I am picking his nose:
image084.jpg

Here is us trying to do something similar to a honeymoon photo of my parents, but it just looks like I am trying to cover up part of a ta ta
image083.jpg

Us kissing....on a bench
image081.jpg

Him doing the "feel Dani's belly like she is pregnant" pose
image080.jpg

Here is me saying Does my butt look big in this dress? (which is so did) and him smiling saying YES! It does
image078.jpg

Hello giant man standing on a bench. I am SO beneath you (pun intended)
image077.jpg

There are so many more I am going to make fun of but until I can write more (and upload more wedding ones) I will leave you with one that I like....
image073.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter