DDA Chapter 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Kristine. The boys have had a couple of coaches where I really had to bite my tongue.

IMHO....

I have been involved with soccer for 15 years....it has been a political drama for 15 years....my best advice to you is to be the bigger person & let it go...or you will drive yourself crazy. I can also tell you from personal experience...that being a complaining parent (even when justified) will not help you or your kid....trust me...and avoid some of the mistakes I made.. which truly weren't worth all the hassle in the end :)

Ouch! I hope you are feeling better :hug:

Sorry I wasn't on this weekend! I'm the proud "owner" of 18 kidney stones!!! Just kidding, they are nothing to be excited about. I know when I'm getting one when I feel pain in my lower back on the sides. I also feel an increased urge to go to the bathroom. Then the pain gets more intense, until I'm literally screaming. If I can catch the pain before it gets too bad, and dose myself with my hoarded pain pills, then I'm ok.

Hopefully, you found out what you have and have been able to deal with it!

Gary & I went furniture shopping(well just looking today). I am so excited though! I found the living room furniture I want & the dining room table I want :cool1: Best of all, Gary agrees :thumbsup2

Hopefully within the next 4 - 6 weeks I will have it!

Gary & I went furniture shopping(well just looking today). I am so excited though! I found the living room furniture I want & the dining room table I want :cool1: Best of all, Gary agrees :thumbsup2

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hey Janet...is Gary for hire?? :)

Are you getting hit with the heavy rains?

That sounds great!
Our living room furniture is looking rather raggedy.

The AT&T repair guy just called to say he is on his way. Perfect! :headache: Nobody is HOME! He said the repair ticket indicates EQUIPMENT failure. Oh, joy! The DSL modem may have a short in it. How nice, since it is only a year old! :mad: We'll see what he can find. DH happens to be on his way so hopefully he will get there soon and let the repairman in. Of course the laundry I didn't finish is piled in the hallway.

Ah, so! Now the AT&T man says he found the problem and it was EXTERNAL! Somebody left the box of wires hanging open and the wires were all corroded from the sprinklers. :sad2: Hopefully it works now. He said his machine indicates a good signal for the DSl and the phone.

Glynis I hope they all pass quickly:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: that they are less painful

As long as I have my heavy meds, they are ok. I just send Alan and the kids away when I first feel one coming on, take my meds, and retire to my bed. If I've done it correctly, I go to sleep through the worst of the pain. If not, I lie in bed screaming until the meds kick in. It's quite a system I've worked out!

Ouch! I hope you are feeling better :hug:

Didn't mean to imply that I had all 18 this weekend. Nope. They have come over the years. My last one was a couple of months ago. Sorry I didn't communicate too well!

sounds awful Glynis!!! :hug:

As long as I have my heavy meds, they are ok. I just send Alan and the kids away when I first feel one coming on, take my meds, and retire to my bed. If I've done it correctly, I go to sleep through the worst of the pain. If not, I lie in bed screaming until the meds kick in. It's quite a system I've worked out!

Didn't mean to imply that I had all 18 this weekend. Nope. They have come over the years. My last one was a couple of months ago. Sorry I didn't communicate too well!

I got it...but I was wondering if I had read it wrong...thanks for making me realize I wasn't nuts (or any more so then normal;) )

sounds awful Glynis!!! :hug:

The first one was the worst! Alan and I had just moved into our first house in a town where we had no family. We hadn't really met any neighbors, yet, either. Alan was working an 11:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. shift when it hit. I had no clue what was going on. Only that I was in real pain! I was afraid it was my appendix. I just lay in bed, moaning, crying, etc., when there was a knock on the door. My next door neighbor was there. She said that she didn't know why, but had the feeling she needed to come and see if I was ok. She and her husband got me to the hospital, called Alan for me, and took care of things until he showed up.

All the subsequent stones have been easier to deal with. Once you've felt the pain, you don't forget it, and you know what it is from the first twinge!

OUCH! I remember the pain that my grandmother used to be in with kidney stones. I hope that 18 is your "lucky" number and that you never have another.

The first one was the worst! Alan and I had just moved into our first house in a town where we had no family. We hadn't really met any neighbors, yet, either. Alan was working an 11:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. shift when it hit. I had no clue what was going on. Only that I was in real pain! I was afraid it was my appendix. I just lay in bed, moaning, crying, etc., when there was a knock on the door. My next door neighbor was there. She said that she didn't know why, but had the feeling she needed to come and see if I was ok. She and her husband got me to the hospital, called Alan for me, and took care of things until he showed up.

All the subsequent stones have been easier to deal with. Once you've felt the pain, you don't forget it, and you know what it is from the first twinge!

:hug: I'm so glad that neighbor was sent over to help you. I fortunately have never had kidney stones. I do know the pain of a gall stone trying to move through a duct that it doesn't fit through and some awful, awful UTI's, so I know that I don't ever want to have a kidney stone.

That sounds great!
Our living room furniture is looking rather raggedy.

The AT&T repair guy just called to say he is on his way. Perfect! :headache: Nobody is HOME! He said the repair ticket indicates EQUIPMENT failure. Oh, joy! The DSL modem may have a short in it. How nice, since it is only a year old! :mad: We'll see what he can find. DH happens to be on his way so hopefully he will get there soon and let the repairman in. Of course the laundry I didn't finish is piled in the hallway.

Ah, so! Now the AT&T man says he found the problem and it was EXTERNAL! Somebody left the box of wires hanging open and the wires were all corroded from the sprinklers. :sad2: Hopefully it works now. He said his machine indicates a good signal for the DSl and the phone.

:wizard: That it all works now!

Vicki...

Are you interested in an Illuminations Cruise on June 7th? Concierge booked it for me...but it turns out we will be at Sea World....before I cancel...I wanted to check with you...I believe it's $295 and holds 10 people

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter