DDA Chapter 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could tell you guys stories now that would make your hair fall out...Christoper plays competitive travel soccer...I often times feel like we are playing for

A. the world cup
or
B for world peace

The coach is a big ol' screamer....but now I just roll with it. It's a much better place to be...and as along as I don't have to be the one standing on the field doing the screaming...I am good with it :rotfl2:

ah, yes... traveling soccer teams. Kathrin played on a coed traveling team for 2 years. What a lesson in life we all learned! ;)

like a vision she floated past me

:rotfl2:

yep I have met you and your daughters....

if I recall you pointed out a chef in the lobby Keeghan Gerhard I believe...unless I hallucinated that whole story...which could be a possibility! :rotfl:

Well, if Tammi is real then there are two possibilities: either I am also real, or she hallucinates well!

Oh, wait... Kristine met me! But she has not admitted that yet, has she... :confused3

I am betting we will be moving to a new home tonight while I am at work. Would someone kindly leave me a forwarding address? ;)

if I recall you pointed out a chef in the lobby Keeghan Gerhard I believe...unless I hallucinated that whole story...which could be a possibility! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

...I wonder if he knows who I am? :confused3

I could tell you guys stories now that would make your hair fall out...Christoper plays competitive travel soccer...I often times feel like we are playing for

A. the world cup
or
B for world peace
No words could be more true!!! Thats how it is here. I can't get over how many parents get angry with their kids when they don't make a goal, and all the yelling on the sidelines. Jeesh! Our baseball is like that as well.:rolleyes:

Has anyone here had kidney stones? I went to work Friday and could barely move my back. I never thought a thing about it, becuase I have back issues. But when I worked on Saturday, I could tell the pain was in my back, wasn't my back. I went to the Dr. and he's an idiot. But he ordered blood work and did an ekg, so I'm somewhat happy. He never asked me what I was there for. Finally he asked me what prescriptions I wanted refilled and I told him it had to do with the pain in back. He just kept telling me to stretchs for my back if I'm not better in a month to come back. I'm sure I saw his medical certificate hanging on the wall. I'll just give it some time for the blood work to get through and go see the other Dr. in the office.

I was just wondering what symptoms to look for.

Sorry I wasn't on this weekend! I'm the proud "owner" of 18 kidney stones!!! Just kidding, they are nothing to be excited about. I know when I'm getting one when I feel pain in my lower back on the sides. I also feel an increased urge to go to the bathroom. Then the pain gets more intense, until I'm literally screaming. If I can catch the pain before it gets too bad, and dose myself with my hoarded pain pills, then I'm ok.

Hopefully, you found out what you have and have been able to deal with it!

I have met Elin, Vicki, Terry, Stephanie, Kristine & Elizabeth & I can vouch for them. They are all real. (and real nice).

I am so sorry to hear about Emma's team. :guilty: Her coach sounds like a witch. How many more games does she have? If it continues to be a negative experience I would seriously consider letting her withdraw before the season is finished. Life is too short. It really does sound like the teams are structured in a way that sets the "less skilled" teams up for failure.

IMHO....

I have been involved with soccer for 15 years....it has been a political drama for 15 years....my best advice to you is to be the bigger person & let it go...or you will drive yourself crazy. I can also tell you from personal experience...that being a complaining parent (even when justified) will not help you or your kid....trust me...and avoid some of the mistakes I made.. which truly weren't worth all the hassle in the end :)

Ditto what Kristine said. I was trying to find the words to say the same thing. Sports, clubs, etc. all have a lot of drama. You have to learn to let it go or it will eat you alive. It is by far the hardest thing I've probably ever had to do. When things involve my kids, I want to protect them. However, it usually ends up backfiring and making things worse. Once I learned to let it go (and taught the kids why I was doing that), it was better for the girls and I.

I have to agree with Kristine on this, Robyn (if brainstorming from an imaginary friend is OK with you ;) ). I have been the coach and I have been the Mom. Neither role is fun. Playing on the team is fun if the coach and the parents both ignore one another. ;)

Thanks imaginary friends ;) You have made it much easier to let it go. I did type out a nasty email and saved it, just doing that made me feel better.

I had a kidney stone once but can be of no help. It was found during a routine exam. I was scheduled for a lithotripsy (put you in a tub of water and they zap it ultrasonicly). Well, it moved, I didn't have any pain, doctor was upset I didn't call, had to move it back up using a stink to where they could do the litho. It is outpatient where they find you a bed in the hospital somewhere for the night. Get up in the morning, they pull the stint out, and I'm in the most excruciating pain of my life (but not in my back). Probably like childbirth but never ending. They gave me shots for the pain. I checked out hoping I could deal with the pain and had to check myself back in. It was horrible! They put the stint back in and that relieved the pain. Never again!!!!! The doctor told me that had never happened to him in 1000's of procedures. He explained that the problem was probably that when they pulled the stint out, all the little fragments tried to pass through together making the stone bigger with air pockets (like pouring sugar in a funnel too fast and it gets stuck).

I swear that it would have just passed with no pain. I've probably had more of them since with no pain. Never again!

Oooo, that sounds horrible! I've never had any of mine blasted. Guess I won't! I just let nature take it's time.

I've pain in the back and over to the side. It makes sleeping really difficult.
Looking back, I wonder if I've had this before. Everyone is the family suffered over Xmas and NY with the nasty virus. I got it and the stomach cramps just got worse after being ill. I was sleeping on a heating pad, or trying to. I finally took a darvocet and a few days later felt okay. Now I'm wondering..... It's the same uncomfortable feeling in the back where I can't or lay in anyway comfortable.

If they can do something about them, I wonder why they keep my friend Deb suffering all the time. Like I said, she always ends up in the hospital with them. Perhaps she passes them before they can?

I did read they can cause high blood pressure, and the Dr. gave me water pills becuase mine was elevated. And it's usually not an issue. I read to, that inactivity can be a cause. I've been active again the last 6 months, but before that I had a Jones fracture and the Surgeon wouldn't put a pin in it, I had to stay in a non weight baring cast for 7 months. Most of it in a wheelchair.

"They" made me suffer with my gall bladder for almost 2 years before they'd take it out.

I think I'm convinced!! lol! I wonder if something shows up in the blood and urine tests? I just have to make it through Wednesday!! the man of my dreams, Jeff Gordon, is going to be in Atlantic City and I'm trying to get off work early to see him!! They can carry me in on a stretcher!! I will be there to see that man!!

Not all kidney stones can be taken care of by laser blasting. It all depends on where they are located, and what they are made of.

There are 2 kinds of kidney stones: uric acid, and calcium. One kind (don't remember which) can be prevented by a medication. Unfortunately, the kind I get are not the preventable kind. Wish I could remember what kind I have.

Hunter's floor isn't done yet, so I'm not taking pictures yet. This is the set that I bought for his room.

Valance
0900631b813f3329R.jpg

We found lime green curtains for under the valance

Bedding
0900631b813f3326R.jpg

Picture the above with Mickey code red walls.

I think it looks bright and cheery for a kid's room. I also think it will last into his teenage years (hopefully)

I think they look like a fun set! I can't wait to see pics of the finished room. As long as Hunter is happy, that's really all that matters.

Does that mean that Stephanie and I are only figments of your imagination??? :lmao: :lmao:

Nah, I've met Terry and Stephanie. :goodvibes

Hey if everyone comes to the Phila meet (are we still doing that?) then you could see that Elin is for real. :rotfl:

And herBob too!!!!!

Unfortunately, I think I am going to be wearing a path from here to Kansas City with any and all available time off. I don't see a DDA meet in my future this summer. Of course I am looking forward to seeing my DDA friends at WDW in August as long as we are able to keep those travel dates. I am already starting to get squirrelly about being there for 16 nights in case there is an emergency with my mom. I have a flight on hold for Memorial Day weekend already - DS and I can go for $230 total, I just need to talk to DH.

He was on the Food Channel last night! :banana:

I'm off to get Princess. The housekeeper isn't here. :confused: I guess that means I am NOT going straight to the grocery from the preschool.

Sorry I wasn't on this weekend! I'm the proud "owner" of 18 kidney stones!!! Just kidding, they are nothing to be excited about. I know when I'm getting one when I feel pain in my lower back on the sides. I also feel an increased urge to go to the bathroom. Then the pain gets more intense, until I'm literally screaming. If I can catch the pain before it gets too bad, and dose myself with my hoarded pain pills, then I'm ok.

Hopefully, you found out what you have and have been able to deal with it!

Glynis I hope they all pass quickly:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: that they are less painful

I managed to get Olivia's room clean.

I need to fold some laundry. I have been picking up things here and their I got the easter stuff ready to go back in the attic. Went thru Virginia's clothes and took out what does not fit anymore. Went thru the next box of clothes to see what we can use. I took the blanket off our bed and folded it need to put it up now. I think thats it.

:wizard: that Joe continues to get better!

I managed to talk to Joe yesterday for about 3 minutes. He got another call so that ended our conversation. But he did email his mom and said that he is just very sore and can't sleep. One of his friends is coming to stay with him the next couple of days. He still has no recollection of the accident at all.

And I just want to thank Elizabeth, Lindsay and Marci for the generous offers of help. I appreciate it much more than I can express in words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter