Discounts on Universal Passes

My Dad (a FL resident) looked into this for me. He was told that he could purchase the tickets for us, but he would have to show his ID at ticket pick up. He is not required to go to the park with us, just show ID and leave if he chooses.
:thumbsup2

I just got my tickets from Kroger. 7 Day Universal / IOA Park to Park with no expiration for $89 +tax. These are left in many Kroger stores from when the price was lower and they still sell them. They are in the "gift card" section and look like credit cards. They can be exchanged at the park for actual tickets :)

Those Kroger passes were discontinued. If you can still buy them then you are luckier than the dozens of people all around the country who tried and couldn't.

I have seen many of these cards at area Kroger's around me. But am I to understand that the check out clerk may or may not be able to activate them??? :confused3 I would like to pick up 4, so I guess I would find out at check out correct?

Denise

I have seen many of these cards at area Kroger's around me. But am I to understand that the check out clerk may or may not be able to activate them??? :confused3 I would like to pick up 4, so I guess I would find out at check out correct?

Denise

Exactly. At check-out they have to validate these tickets. If they can't be validated, they can't be used. If they do validate, make sure you save your receipts.

Exactly. At check-out they have to validate these tickets. If they can't be validated, they can't be used. If they do validate, make sure you save your receipts.

I was surprised when I saw them and so many of them at a couple of different stores in GA. But now this makes sense.

But US will honor them if I can purchase them?

Thanks damo!

Denise

I was surprised when I saw them and so many of them at a couple of different stores in GA. But now this makes sense.

But US will honor them if I can purchase them?

They are still in one or two of my local Krogers also, but that is just because nobody ever bothered to remove them. If you do a search on Kroger you will read about how those passes came and went. But go for it, it won't cost you anything to try.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just ent on to look at the ticket prices for a friend who is going late June and they are so high!

AND, now there is no flexpay option for annual pass if not a florida resident. That's what we've done in the past since we buy passes every other year. AND the power pass is gone for us regular folk (maybe because a 2 day-2 park ticket is the same price?).

Anyone hear about any plans for changes to the annuals?

This is nuts!

renewals and first time buyer costs were increased for the annual passes a few months back.

Planning a trip Sep/Oct 2011, and was wondering if I buy tkts now, say from Universal's own website or even Undercover Tourist, would they still be honoured?

Looks like for a 3day Park to park, Undercover charges $141.95 and Universal charges $144.99.
Has anyone found better rates recently? (not a Florida resident, alas don't know any Florida residents even!)

Thanks!

At the suggestion of another person in this thread I bought my tickets through Maple Leaf Tickets. Through them I was able to get tickets cheaper than anywhere else, including our military base ITT.

Planning a trip Sep/Oct 2011, and was wondering if I buy tkts now, say from Universal's own website or even Undercover Tourist, would they still be honoured?

Looks like for a 3day Park to park, Undercover charges $141.95 and Universal charges $144.99.
Has anyone found better rates recently? (not a Florida resident, alas don't know any Florida residents even!)

Thanks!

Your tickets will still be valid. For only $3 difference, I'd personally buy online from the Universal Orlando website. If you lose your tickets, forget to bring them, or lose your confirmation number, then it is very easy to get your tickets reprinted. When you buy them somewhere else, it is often difficult or even impossible to reprint lost tickets.

Amazing. Last year Costco was aroung $79 for a 3 month pass. This year around $140 for a 3 day pass.

Amazing. Last year Costco was aroung $79 for a 3 month pass. This year around $140 for a 3 day pass.

This one is non expiring til 2013 though. That makes it more expensive. Disney adds on about $30 for a 3 day non expiration ticket.

Harry Potter sure knows how to raise ticket prices!!!

The family/friends thing mentioned a few pages ago ...
We have family down in FL. can they buy a one day/one park ticket for us as a gift and if so how much would that ticket be?

The family/friends thing mentioned a few pages ago ...
We have family down in FL. can they buy a one day/one park ticket for us as a gift and if so how much would that ticket be?
Florida residents tickets are for FL residents to purchase and use. They can not be given to non-residents. They can purchase the ticket at regular price and give it as a gift. The current price is $82.00 for the adult ticket and $74.00 for child's tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter