Disney Dream June 15, 214

Ack! :scared1: There's a formal night? Ah, well, something else for me to stress over for no reason.

There is a formal night but it is optional, so no worries. You can chose not to dress up, plenty of people don't from what I heard. Didn't mean to make it worse :eek:

I looked it up and realized that one of my casual outfits will work, so I'm not worried...about this, at least. I'm sure that I'll come up with 99 other things in these last 99 days to really worry about. :crazy2:

Im having a hard time finding things for men! Any suggestions? I have tons of ideas for girls of all ages and the boys easy. I don't want anyone to spill their secrets, but my brain is in overdrive.

Im having a hard time finding things for men! Any suggestions? I have tons of ideas for girls of all ages and the boys easy. I don't want anyone to spill their secrets, but my brain is in overdrive.

I've been having the same problem, but, then, I've always had a problem trying to find gifts for men--and boys, once they are out of the stuffed animal/Lego stages. And I have five older brothers, so you'd think I'd have the hang of it by now. My sister have always been so much easier.

I started googling random things. :surfweb: I started with "fish extenders gift ideas", looking through the links Kris posted, and then went off on random search tangents from what I saw there. I now have a couple of ideas and am hoping that I've come up with something unique and useful.

I hope this helps in some way. I don't want to give too much away. Good luck!

I just went to my husband for an "expert" opinion on what a man might want to receive. He wasn't much help, but he thought maybe the jewelry findings at a craft store might have something for tie clips/pins that could be useful. If we knew of anyone who played guitar, maybe some Mickey guitar picks?

I'll keep brainstorming for us all!

I don't know if anyone is looking for crafty stuff to do for the FE, but I did a little searching and found the motherlode of ideas using Altoids tins:

https://www.google.com/search?q=alt...=mKsbU-zRH4rsoATq9IKIAQ&ved=0CC0QsAQ#imgdii=_

Those are the images of a lot of what can be done. This link:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/01/30/22-manly-ways-to-reuse-an-altoids-tin/

has a smaller selection, but they are still pretty awesome. I'm tucking some of these ideas away for a future endeavor, as I already have decided on what I'm doing for this cruise.

Hope this helps!

Katy:)

I looked it up and realized that one of my casual outfits will work, so I'm not worried...about this, at least. I'm sure that I'll come up with 99 other things in these last 99 days to really worry about. :crazy2:

Lol, I know, I am always thinking of something new to worry about. Lol

I don't know if anyone is looking for crafty stuff to do for the FE, but I did a little searching and found the motherlode of ideas using Altoids tins:

https://www.google.com/search?q=alt...=mKsbU-zRH4rsoATq9IKIAQ&ved=0CC0QsAQ#imgdii=_

Those are the images of a lot of what can be done. This link:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/01/30/22-manly-ways-to-reuse-an-altoids-tin/

has a smaller selection, but they are still pretty awesome. I'm tucking some of these ideas away for a future endeavor, as I already have decided on what I'm doing for this cruise.

Hope this helps!

Katy:)

Sounds like you have been busy. My hubby Loves pin trading, video games and candy. So those were some of his ideas, lol. He sure has a sweet tooth. :hyper: <---- this will be him the whole trip.
I have also seen flash lights and travel mugs on some of the sites as guy gifts. I think my hardest group was teen boys

Sounds like you have been busy. My hubby Loves pin trading, video games and candy. So those were some of his ideas, lol. He sure has a sweet tooth. :hyper: <---- this will be him the whole trip.
I have also seen flash lights and travel mugs on some of the sites as guy gifts. I think my hardest group was teen boys

It actually didn't take me too long to find those. Of course, it did lead me down a rabbit hole of "wow, look at all of the cool things we (okay, *I*) could make!"

My dh totally got into the pin trading on our last WDW trip--after telling me repeatedly he wasn't interested so I shouldn't get him any pins, etc. I'd look around and he'd be gone. I'd find him at the nearest pin trading station.

Teen boys--almost all males, really--are difficult for me. I've come up with something, though that I think they'll at least find acceptable.

It actually didn't take me too long to find those. Of course, it did lead me down a rabbit hole of "wow, look at all of the cool things we (okay, *I*) could make!"

My dh totally got into the pin trading on our last WDW trip--after telling me repeatedly he wasn't interested so I shouldn't get him any pins, etc. I'd look around and he'd be gone. I'd find him at the nearest pin trading station.

Teen boys--almost all males, really--are difficult for me. I've come up with something, though that I think they'll at least find acceptable.

I get like that too often, I am ALWAYS looking at something to make, I never do not have 100 projects I am working on.
Yeah, we got hooked on our anniversary trip last St Patty's day (will be two years Monday) and ever since then can't go without pin trading. We have a ton of Figments and my Haunted Mansion collection has grown like crazy. Only bought two pins in Paris, because we traded for Paris pins while we were there. So much fun.
I feel ok now with my gifts, but always question if it is enough,ALL the time :crazy2:

Hello just an update
we are going to celebrate a birthday on each night for the kids.
Katelyns 14th birthday
Saylors 12th birthday
Stephens 10th birthday

Our 3rd anniversary.
Saylor and Katelyn both have their ears pierced.
Katelyn has her ears pierced twice and Saylor only once. I also have my ears pierced and the girls love jewelry!

Hello just an update
we are going to celebrate a birthday on each night for the kids.
Katelyns 14th birthday
Saylors 12th birthday
Stephens 10th birthday

Our 3rd anniversary.
Saylor and Katelyn both have their ears pierced.
Katelyn has her ears pierced twice and Saylor only once. I also have my ears pierced and the girls love jewelry!

:thumbsup2 Ok it is all updated, put it on the facebook board this morning.

Hi guys, we have less than 100 days left and I still have some gaps in the participant list

@Steelek29- I need to know if you are still interested in joining us. If so I need names (first and last), ages of kids and room #, celebrations, allergies/special needs, likes, ears pierced and whether you/your daughters prefer girly things or not

@Disneygurlz2s - I also need to know your info if you are still wanting to participate, all I have for you is 16thbday and 20anniversary. So I will need need names (first and last), room #, allergies/special needs, likes, ears pierced and whether you/your daughter prefer girly things or not

Thanks in advance for the info. Have a great day.

Btw, I will submit the updated list on gmail docs as soon as possible but current list is updated on our facebook page if you want to join us
https://www.facebook.com/groups/275090135984087/275099119316522/:)

So exited! I got up last night at 11:55 and was able to check in right at midnight. Got Palo brunch for 10am and got my PTA for 10:30! :cool1:

Jealous of all of y'all who've paid off your trips and are able to start booking things. We have another week or so before we get to that point. *SIGH* That's okay. I'll just keep focusing on making my FE gifts!

Jealous of all of y'all who've paid off your trips and are able to start booking things. We have another week or so before we get to that point. *SIGH* That's okay. I'll just keep focusing on making my FE gifts!

I can't book until April 1st, if it makes you feel any better, we may not get anything we want :(

I hope that isn't the case though, really want hubby's trip to be special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter