Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have never gotten an email from chase about any of these offers....

It is kind of weird actually. I recently changed my email with Chase (changing from work email to personal). I have 3 cards that have the offer. 2 of the emails went to the newly changed personal and the other one went to my old work one. Maybe they are sending them out and it is going into a spam folder or something for you?

My Freedom charge posted this morning for the $300 worth of Disney Gift cards I got at Best Buy. 3000 UR points. Now I am thinking maybe I should go back and use it on my Reserve and FU.

My embarrassing question for the day if someone can make sure I am right: for once we are staying onsite at WDW. Since we are instead of carrying around gift cards like I usually do I thought I might as well take advantage of the room charging privileges. Am I right that how it will work is we just scan our band, enter our pin, and then before check out stop by the front desk and pay off the room bill with the gift cards? Is that right? Anything I should be aware of with that plan?

It is kind of weird actually. I recently changed my email with Chase (changing from work email to personal). I have 3 cards that have the offer. 2 of the emails went to the newly changed personal and the other one went to my old work one. Maybe they are sending them out and it is going into a spam folder or something for you?

My Freedom charge posted this morning for the $300 worth of Disney Gift cards I got at Best Buy. 3000 UR points. Now I am thinking maybe I should go back and use it on my Reserve and FU.

My embarrassing question for the day if someone can make sure I am right: for once we are staying onsite at WDW. Since we are instead of carrying around gift cards like I usually do I thought I might as well take advantage of the room charging privileges. Am I right that how it will work is we just scan our band, enter our pin, and then before check out stop by the front desk and pay off the room bill with the gift cards? Is that right? Anything I should be aware of with that plan?
That works, but I would advise paying the bill every few days, to make sure you don't go over the charging threshold where they charge your card. You can keep track of your running room balance on the app.

That works, but I would advise paying the bill every few days, to make sure you don't go over the charging threshold where they charge your card. You can keep track of your running room balance on the app.
Also, make sure you pay off the balance the night before you check out. Otherwise, your credit card on file will automatically be charged for any outstanding balance overnight the night before check out.

Being able to track room charges on the MDE app was a terrific update. When we were there last August, I found that charges appeared on the app pretty much immediately after I made a purchase.

Being able to track room charges on the MDE app was a terrific update. When we were there last August, I found that charges appeared on the app pretty much immediately after I made a purchase.

A little off topic, but does Disney want you to be able to track all your room charges in real time? I always thought the genius of Magic Bands (at least for Disney’s bottom line) was you can pay for everything so quick and easy with a single tap but never have to see how much you’re spending!

A little off topic, but does Disney want you to be able to track all your room charges in real time? I always thought the genius of Magic Bands (at least for Disney’s bottom line) was you can pay for everything so quick and easy with a single tap but never have to see how much you’re spending!
Ha, that’s a good point. Who knows the reason Disney had for adding that feature but I’m not complaining! I’m also sure there are still plenty of people who charge away on their MBs without tracking their spending. They’re on vacation after all!

Ha, that’s a good point. Who knows the reason Disney had for adding that feature but I’m not complaining! I’m also sure there are still plenty of people who charge away on their MBs without tracking their spending. They’re on vacation after all!
Ha I tracked mine constantly, but it didn't curb my spending one tiny little bit!!!

I just got back from my local Target (Lakeline Cedar Park, Texas) and I bought a Disney gift card and some other items in the self check. I paid with two gift cards (one I just bought on Raise this morning with the coupon code) and instead of requiring the employee to come over and enter the access code, the computer asked me and I was just able to type it right in. This is definitely MUCH easier.

I just got back from my local Target (Lakeline Cedar Park, Texas) and I bought a Disney gift card and some other items in the self check. I paid with two gift cards (one I just bought on Raise this morning with the coupon code) and instead of requiring the employee to come over and enter the access code, the computer asked me and I was just able to type it right in. This is definitely MUCH easier.

This was my experience yesterday at self checkout in the Bay Area too. I had my access codes ready and typed them in myself. Very easy. I wonder if this update was because holding up every gift card transaction for an associate to come over, log in, and type in the access code really held up the lines at self checkout and made a lot of unnecessary work. I’m just so glad it takes eyes off what I’m buying.

If anyone has Anthem health incentives (gift cards for being tobacco free, filling out health questionnaire, get flu shot, annual check up, etc.) I just noticed they have Disney gift cards. I have $150 coming that I will be converting to Disney gift cards.
I just used my $50 mammogram Visa from Anthem at Best Buy yesterday to get a Disney GC. I still need to find out what other gc's I can get; I'm not sure whether to call Anthem directly or ? This is through a high school district and I'm not sure which person to contact about it. But I'm intrigued about your statement that they have Disney gc's; I was sent a Visa in the mail with the offer to get $50 for having a mammogram (which I was already scheduled for anyway). I had the radiologist sign the form, sent it in and waited for my card. I received a text notice that my card had been activated so I called, thinking that someone had gotten ahold of it. It turns out that what I thought was a fake card in the original letter was the actual Visa and they activate it once they've received your paperwork! So glad I didn't toss it! Just an FYI if anyone else happens to get an offer like this.

I just used my $50 mammogram Visa from Anthem at Best Buy yesterday to get a Disney GC. I still need to find out what other gc's I can get; I'm not sure whether to call Anthem directly or ? This is through a high school district and I'm not sure which person to contact about it. But I'm intrigued about your statement that they have Disney gc's; I was sent a Visa in the mail with the offer to get $50 for having a mammogram (which I was already scheduled for anyway). I had the radiologist sign the form, sent it in and waited for my card. I received a text notice that my card had been activated so I called, thinking that someone had gotten ahold of it. It turns out that what I thought was a fake card in the original letter was the actual Visa and they activate it once they've received your paperwork! So glad I didn't toss it! Just an FYI if anyone else happens to get an offer like this.
Anthem uses hallmark business connections for our program. It was a major pain finding out how it worked but once I figured it out it was a breeze. They probably offer 200 different gift cards.

Just want to say a few things:

1) THANK YOU to all those who talked about which types of GCs would need access codes. I purchased 2 e-cards on Raise but I wrote the access cards on a piece of paper and it made for smooth sailing during checkout

2) I just purchased 2 Disney GCs at a regular checkout in SE PA with no issues (the cashier actually thanked me for having the access codes at the ready to speed up the process)

3) My Target in SE PA had $25, $50, and $100 GCs in stock. I had target GCs totaling $110 so I was hoping for a $100 and a $25 and I got lucky. All 3 were available at the GC display by the cards/stationary and I didn't have to hunt around the store for them.

Overall, a smooth shop/checkout at Target today.

Wow this is such a nice incentive, wish we had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter